Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

One of the youth team players told someone I know that HL is a lazy trainer. That's a damn shame. Harry Kewell should be inspiring these youngsters, yet they are looking at him and seeing a lazy trainer...

dont you hate how close K and L are on the keyboard :D

• Like 1

What did people expect from Kewell?

He is a rubbish bloke and the playing golf thing is just an example of his immaturity..

He isn't going to teach the kids anything and why such a self centred moron was made captain is beyond me..

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play a game, especially now that there is no way he will be picked for the national team..

• Like 1

One of the youth team players told someone I know that HL is a lazy trainer. That's a damn shame. Harry Kewell should be inspiring these youngsters, yet they are looking at him and seeing a lazy trainer...

I've been to a couple of trainings and can confirm this. He blew his lid at one of the fitness staff for trying to push him a bit harder.

So, he's a lazy trainer. He has these mysterious injuries. He's a non-playing captain. It's not as if these things were unknown. FFS why did Aloisi sign him? 

We should release him. NOW. I'd rather see Mauk, Archibald, Retre etc.on the park. At least we'd be trying to build for the future.

Kewell out.

So, he's a lazy trainer. He has these mysterious injuries. He's a non-playing captain. It's not as if these things were unknown. FFS why did Aloisi sign him? 

We should release him. NOW. I'd rather see Mauk, Archibald, Retre etc.on the park. At least we'd be trying to build for the future.

Kewell out.

he was signed for the same reason that JA was made manager. a marketing tool to lift the club profile, he's done fuck all on the pitch , the dream of Brazil is over once Holger got he sack , he ain't coming back to play soon, perhaps in the derby

• Like 1

What did people expect from Kewell?

He is a rubbish bloke and the playing golf thing is just an example of his immaturity..

He isn't going to teach the kids anything and why such a self centred moron was made captain is beyond me..

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play a game, especially now that there is no way he will be picked for the national team..

I agree. I think he realises he has no chance of making the Socceroos squad so now he simply CBF!

Kewell out.

that would mean the club would need to admit they got something wrong. They don't like doing that...

• Like 3

Kewell out.

that would mean the club would need to admit they got something wrong. They don't like doing that...

exactly

Malloy great job you guys in Yarraside did on Sunday, I heard a kid ask his Dad why YS weren't singing, the Dad didn't know , I told him the reason , he was in full agreement, JA and the board need a good kick up the backside was his response

• Like 1

Fox Sports News reported that that he's expected to miss the West Sydney game. 

Nothing surprising with that.

After so little game time since leaving Victory, and after having already missed 7 weeks with injury, it is ridiculous for Kewell to be brought back straight via the First 11 - even if he starts on the bench.

Kewell should initially be brought back via the Youth Team to get some match fitness and competition touch into him.

Just release him. The season's shot anyway. Go back to our value of finding and developing emerging young talent instead of every season signing some 30+ former star (or two or three or four) and pretending he's going to be our saviour. We're worse than Perth Glory ever were.

Aloisi must believe in Santa Claus as well.

• Like 1

Go back to our value of finding and developing emerging young talent .

I agree. Problem is who is going to develop them?? JA? Lol

Walker actually has a pretty good half season under Aloisi last season (especially if you remember it was his debut season). And Golgol scored 4 goals last season, despite the fact he only had 4 starts (and in terms of minutes, Golgol only played the equivalent of 6 full 90 minute games). Also, Golgol was pretty clinical last season, scoring 4 goals despite taking very few shots (15 overallm 7 on target)

But JA has made a complete mess of things with his young players this season. He has either completely given up on them, like Walker (who JA rushed back into the tough Brisbane away game after Hoffman injured himself a day or so before the game), Garuccio, Vrankovic and Mauk (who only gets several minute cameos, seemingly more to waste time than to develop him as a player). Then there are players like Golgol, who seem to have had a rough season because JA has thrust too much responsibility on him, with JA starting him as our lone striker in the opening round derby, and switching him back and forth between the striker position and RW. Golgol did well last season because he was eased into the team, but this season JA has put heavy demands on Golgol, and he hasn't been able to meet them.

My point is though, I think JA could do much better with youth, like he did last season. His main problem now is he largely doesn't back his young players, and the few he backs he doesn't do so intelligently. If he actually backed our young players and actually played them more often, I am sure they'd do pretty well, even under Aloisi

Depends. Did walker enter the senior team and it was aloisi who moulded him to be the player he was? Or was he moulding into a good player prior to his inception into the senior team. He definitely came out with a bang in his first matches, and could very well be due to his instructions under the nyl coach rather than aloisi. And im feeling his performances didnt really reach those peaks that he showed at the beginning as the season continued. And now, well we know where he is at now.

He must have the equivalent of "white coat syndrome" - you know, your blood pressure goes up as soon as you walk into the doctor's surgery, or your toothache stops the moment you sit in the dentist's chair?

In Harry's case, his ankle swells and hurts only when he pulls on his Heart training gear.

• Like 1

There's much more to this than a purported "ankle injury." It's a man-management issue.

Heard today from a physio that he's actually injured his hamstring (hence the lengthy layoff) and the club's been trying to play the severity down by claiming smaller, weekly injuries in a continuing, touch-and-go assessment.

I don't understand why the club would try and cover it up, if it's a hamstring injury then just tell us. 

Makes more sense than the way it's been handled so far.

There's much more to this than a purported "ankle injury." It's a man-management issue.

Heard today from a physio that he's actually injured his hamstring (hence the lengthy layoff) and the club's been trying to play the severity down by claiming smaller, weekly injuries in a continuing, touch-and-go assessment.

yes, he injured it in the derby but also genuinely did injury his ankle in training. Dunno why they pretended that he had whiplash, his ankle has become worse since he was made to do a fitness test against medical advice

I don't understand why the club would try and cover it up, if it's a hamstring injury then just tell us. 

Makes more sense than the way it's been handled so far.

yes, he injured it in the derby but also genuinely did injury his ankle in training. Dunno why they pretended that he had whiplash, his ankle has become worse since he was made to do a fitness test against medical advice

IMO pretty disappointing for all involved because of the mismanagement and false starts but underlines the risk in signing '8ch'