Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

I don't mind having a horrendous season provided we start to rebuild. What's happening now is just torture.

I agree.  The truth is we are going to have a horrendous season anyway, so why not take some action now so that things will actually improve at some point (instead of just slowly getting worse).

• Like 1

I don't mind having a horrendous season provided we start to rebuild. What's happening now is just torture.

I agree.  The truth is we are going to have a horrendous season anyway, so why not take some action now so that things will actually improve at some point (instead of just slowly getting worse).

this. 

we are only damaging Aloisi's reputation further by letting him continue as coach. 

get a new manager, and give him the rest of the season to work out who is staying and going - looking ahead to next season.

but imo Aloisi still can be involved in the club - he has valuable experience and could really help develop the likes of Gol-Gol, Williams, Mauk etc..

What a mess.

This happened when Fred was our captain as well. Fred only started 11 games (and was subbed on in a 12th game) in our 2nd season, and of course he was ridiculously injury prone last season.

And now it's happening again. We have a 'captain' that's not playing.

I can't help but wonder, how much does that alone hurt our club? Across multiple seasons, our captain, the player who's meant to be the standard bearer, doesn't even play and train for the majority of the season's rounds...

Our players are deprived of the motivation of the captain being in the team. Indeed, the fragile egos in our team are probably made all the weaker by our captain not being around. Members and the public see Heart week in week out without the designated leader, and surprise surprise the team often seems rudderless...

We need change now.

• Like 1

this. 

we are only damaging Aloisi's reputation further by letting him continue as coach. 

get a new manager, and give him the rest of the season to work out who is staying and going - looking ahead to next season.

but imo Aloisi still can be involved in the club - he has valuable experience and could really help develop the likes of Gol-Gol, Williams, Mauk etc..

Agree. I pretty much have given up hope of us making the finals. I just want change.

Turn Aloisi into some other coach at the club, like a 'development coach'. Maybe he can coach the youth team, or maybe not, just get him away from our senior team and put him in the background.

A new manager will motivate the players. They'll have to prove themselves to him, so they should perform, at least somewhat better than what they are doing now.

And stand Kewell down as captain, if he's not released, and give the armband to someone like Wielaert, Kisnorbo or Murdocca. 

No, Fred played 19 games each of his two seasons..

My bad, I was using the Wikipedia statistics, which I just double-checked and noticed they were not up to date. Couldn't find any other statistics quickly (the stats about former players on the Heart website seem to be gone).

Nonetheless the point still stands. Having the captain miss approx a third of the season really isn't good, and now Kewell is missing much more football.

this. 

Agree. I pretty much have given up hope of us making the finals. I just want change.

Turn Aloisi into some other coach at the club, like a 'development coach'. Maybe he can coach the youth team, or maybe not, just get him away from our senior team and put him in the background.

A new manager will motivate the players. They'll have to prove themselves to him, so they should perform, at least somewhat better than what they are doing now.

And stand Kewell down as captain, if he's not released, and give the armband to someone like Wielaert, Kisnorbo or Murdocca. 

i would be giving the armband to Redders tbh

Aloisi should be the forwards coach...

this. 

i would be giving the armband to Redders tbh

Aloisi should be the forwards coach...

Both of those changes are fine with me. The main thing is removing Aloisi and probably Kewell from their current positions.

This is a management issue. He declared himself fit to play on 3rd November against Brisbane, but Aloisi refused to let him. So he went and played golf instead. Afterwards Aloisi said he had "permission" to do so - I don't believe a word of that. So here we are four weeks later. He trains by himself at Gosch's Paddock, not even in Heart gear, and then the following day at Epping it's said his ankle has flared up again, he's 40% fit and Aloisi won't risk him.

There's much more to this than a purported "ankle injury." It's a man-management issue.

• Like 2

This is a management issue. He declared himself fit to play on 3rd November against Brisbane, but Aloisi refused to let him. So he went and played golf instead. Afterwards Aloisi said he had "permission" to do so - I don't believe a word of that. So here we are four weeks later. He trains by himself at Gosch's Paddock, not even in Heart gear, and then the following day at Epping it's said his ankle has flared up again, he's 40% fit and Aloisi won't risk him.

There's much more to this than a purported "ankle injury." It's a man-management issue.

H has no confidence in the coaching ability of JA. He has played under Houllier and Benitez and seen impressive managers up close and he thinks to himself that JA couldn't get himself out of a wet paper bag. Wouldn't be surprised if JA has lost other senior players such as Wielaert and Kisnorbo. These guys have played in top leagues and can compare JA with other coaches and they don't have faith in him. Edited by HEARTinator

My under 14's football coach was some toothless bum who had no idea and for some reason wanted to coach a jnr team. You'd never see a bunch of kids give less fucks when it came to training. No respect what so ever. But at the end of the day we still wanted to play, kick goals and win.

Moral of he story is that It's natural to want to play win and score. If this is between Harry and the managers then he has some problems and shouldn't be around the club. He's a selfish cunt. If he hasn't got the desire then hang up the boots and let us sign someone else.

I don't see any real evidence to support these conspiracy theories.  By far the most likely scenario is that he is struggling to overcome an injury, and the club are being somewhat coy about revealing all the details.  The only mistakes by the club so far in relation to Harry have been signing him and making him captain.