Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

Sometimes things are so bad you have to laugh.

I just really hope kalmar or mauk is given a chance, please don't start Williams as our number 10

Id love to hope this too but I think everytime bad things like this happen JA seems to get an even deeper resolve with what he is trying to do ie: make williams a number 10. But in saying that Kalmar must play now as he is back from injury

If you listen to the interview and the language used by Kewell there is something happening that we have not been told.

Its obvious he wanted to play last Sunday in Brisbane, he said he was ready but the club (JA) said no.

What is this "private matter" bullshit stuff?

Where are you now Scott Munn??????...."How about I guarantee you he plays this week", in reference to Kewell last Monday.

Did his ankle in the dying stages of training? Was that during the cool down or stretching phase....what a load of crap!!! Do they take us for idiots?

I seriously think Kewell will not play again for Heart...the derby was his one and only game and next week or soon after he will have left the club by "mutual decision" on private matters.

This club is either just plain jinxed or it has people in charge that are clueless.

At the end of the day this cunt won't play more than 10 games this season, he doesn't give a fuck about the club or how we perform, and he's our captain. So this is why I am angry. Blind leading the blind at this club.

So does everyone on here honestly believe that he has had whiplash for a month now?

It's the most elaborate lie in history if he hasn't had wiplash. He even wore that thing around his neck when he was training one week. In a world cup year he would want to be playing every game possible, not sitting out.

It looks like Kewell injury denial is now as prevalent as Climate Change denial :P

How can they be so sure that he has to miss 14 days after falling awkwardly on his ankle when there is no structural damage? Something is NQR here...

Absolutely. And the statement from the club says "at least 14 days."

Clearly things have gone on behind the scenes that we have not been told about. HK would not have made up that there had been "private matters...all cleared up now." It's possible that one or more of the players has spoken out about the defensive tactics that JA has been using. Wielaert was fairly blunt about our style of play in the interview he gave a few days ago. After all, being part of a losing squad doesn't do their careers and reputations any good.

Something like the Engelaar injury can't be faked, but let's face it, there were a whole lot of mixed messages given there as well. We've commented before that our other injuries seem to take far too long to mend.I feel that there are some management issues here.

There's no smoke without fire. Right now I feel that I'm being ripped off by the club as far as my season-ticket is concerned. The club is taking me for granted, and I don't like that.

The Board must act to stop the rot.

• Like 2

How can they be so sure that he has to miss 14 days after falling awkwardly on his ankle when there is no structural damage? Something is NQR here...

Clearly things have gone on behind the scenes that we have not been told about. HK would not have made up that there had been "private matters...all cleared up now." It's possible that one or more of the players has spoken out about the defensive tactics that JA has been using. Wielaert was fairly blunt about our style of play in the interview he gave a few days ago. After all, being part of a losing squad doesn't do their careers and reputations any good.

Something like the Engelaar injury can't be faked, but let's face it, there were a whole lot of mixed messages given there as well. We've commented before that our other injuries seem to take far too long to mend.I feel that there are some management issues here.

There's no smoke without fire. Right now I feel that I'm being ripped off by the club as far as my season-ticket is concerned. The club is taking me for granted, and I don't like that.

Are you suggesting a player revolt might have taken place...?

Are you suggesting a player revolt might have taken place...?

Well, it's possible. Bela has made a couple of comments about dressing room tensions at the end of last season.

Let's be realistic, when the club captain speaks of "private matters...all resolved now" it has got to mean something more than someone put too much sugar in his coffee.

HK says he was fit for the Roar game but wasn't allowed to play. Maybe JA just overly cautious. HK says there were some private matters that have now been fixed. I say that some experienced players in the team are not convinced of how JA et al are managing things. Maybe they reckon it's amateur hour at La Trobe. Well this Friday night should be interesting. Gawd I hope we fcukover the scum from the West and send them home butt hurt :up:  That'll keep the SBS shitheads quiet for a day - yeah just kinda angry at the moment :angry:

Edited by HEARTinator

Equally ridiculous as it is probable, if true.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to vent up all of the rage and frustration that has built up inside of me throughout this first torrid month and I'm going to chant as loudly as I can for the 11 guys actually out on the pitch this weekend because we're well fucking overdue for a cause for celebration. 

I don't believe that theres a player revolt, of course when your losing you always have a bunch of pissed of players but i think a lot of people are really grasping at straws here. The blokes done his ankle and he's out for 2 weeks. Somebody else now has to step up. End of story.

You're probably right, it's just that being so unlucky makes you feel like something else is going on, it's a hard pill to swallow I guess.

Kewell boycotting games because of Johnny's shit tactics?

(Following from a player revolt suggestion)

More likely I would say that he's been disciplined. Why else don't you play your captain when he declares himself fit?

Edited by jw1739

I don't believe that theres a player revolt, of course when your losing you always have a bunch of pissed of players but i think a lot of people are really grasping at straws here. The blokes done his ankle and he's out for 2 weeks. Somebody else now has to step up. End of story.

So within the space of a couple of hours our medical team have diagnosed Kewell, sent him for a scan and got the results back that he will miss a couple of weeks. What a load of crap!!!!

It took them 5-6 days to diagnose, scan and report back on the Engelaar injury not including the surgery and rehab time. Understand it wasn't a twisted ankle like Kewell's bullshit story they are feeding us.

• Like 1

This is fucked. But it's not all that fucked. I rolled an ankle playing football once and had some ligament damage and swelling. It was just badly sprained I think, nothing broken. But I couldn't walk on it for a few days and took I suppose 2 or 3 weeks to mend. Maybe a little more even, can't remember exactly.

But we don't need to lose our shit just yet. He's done a pre-season. He's missed 3 weeks. Say he misses 3 more. In that case, there will be another 20 rounds left. Where he can get back to pulling hamstrings etc. (Just kidding.) In the meantime, a couple of rounds of golf would be good therapy for his ankle once it can handle it.

Kalmar should be ready for some decent game time, so that should at least strengthen the squad from last week.

I'm not into conspiracy theories. I don't see any reason to doubt the whiplash or whatever - I'm not a doctor. Or that the club would be cautious in giving him an extra week - he'd only just returned to training last week. Or that he just simply rolled an ankle at training and will miss another 2 or 3 weeks. I think that's all there is to it.

• Like 4

So within the space of a couple of hours our medical team have diagnosed Kewell, sent him for a scan and got the results back that he will miss a couple of weeks. What a load of crap!!!!

It took them 5-6 days to diagnose, scan and report back on the Engelaar injury not including the surgery and rehab time. Understand it wasn't a twisted ankle like Kewell's bullshit story they are feeding us.

Yes, its possible, likely timeline even. Remember Engelaar injured his leg in Lismore, not Melbourne. There wasn't a delay in his diagnosis just several treatment options that the club needed to explore with a number of second opinions. an inversion injury to an ankle is fairly straightforward in comparison.

Edited by belaguttman

Funny this is coming up cause I had a source, and not what you would call a very reliable source, mention to me that he has found out there are problems with Harry and the rest of the players. I was going to post it up last week but thought it's probably bullshit and wasn't going to put more fuel to the harry kewell fire. But now starting to think it may be possible.