Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

Watched him play last season for Olympiacos and he was pretty good. Very good in the air. Prefer Contreras then weilart

Not for $800K as has been reported though Exactly, I would prefer Paddy K and Weilart for the price of Contreras.

Esp when we already have Paddy G and Vranks as well for cover at CB.

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC Teeboy Kamara was elevated to the Adelaide senior squad only a few weeks before his medical condition surfaced.

Edit: This was the last reference I saw in connection with the lad: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/adelaideunited/news-display/club-statement-regarding-teeboy-kamara/48920

Edited by jw1739

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Soccer Stoppage Time - 2MM

Today at 02:30

We are hearing that Bernie Ibini is close to securing a release from his club in China and that he will not be heading back to CCM. It looks to be a battle between the Sydney clubs. Stealth is leaning towards SydneyFC. Stay tuned....

We might as well fold the league if he goes to Sydney FC. Quite clearly the FFA don't give a fuck about any other teams, as long as Sydney go well, it's all good :up:

We've got to avoid just making signings of players as individuals. On paper our squad shouldn't see us at rock-bottom of the league. We need to sign a squad to function as a team. That is we should have a natural first choice for each position and a natural second choice for each position, with the third choice coming from the NYL squad. Because we've just looked at individuals we've ended up with a full squad, but holes to fill and no-one really suitable to fill them. At the same time we have a surplus of players for other positions.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

We are hearing that Bernie Ibini is close to securing a release from his club in China and that he will not be heading back to CCM. It looks to be a battle between the Sydney clubs. Stealth is leaning towards SydneyFC. Stay tuned....

We might as well fold the league if he goes to Sydney FC. Quite clearly the FFA don't give a fuck about any other teams, as long as Sydney go well, it's all good :up:

Not the FFA's fault Sydney has an owner who is willing to spend money, and an administration who are savvy enough to fit this money under the cap.

Not the FFA's fault Sydney has an owner who is willing to spend money, and an administration who are savvy enough to fit this money under the cap.

Yep, it has nothing to do with the FFA. The difference between a club like Sydney FC and us is that they actually have ambition... would we realistically ever have gone for someone like Del Piero, even with the available funds? I doubt it.

But back on topic, no to Madaschi and no to Ibini imo. As JW said, we need to look at how signings can improve the team, and whilst both are good players I don't think we're in need of either at the moment. Sure, we need more firepower but Ibini is more of a playmaking forward when we're in need of a target striker in the calibre of a Berisha or Smeltz. Defensively, Madaschi was great for us but he's surplus to requirements with Kisnorbo and Wielaert in central defence when we're really in need of an out-and-out RB.

Yep, it has nothing to do with the FFA. The difference between a club like Sydney FC and us is that they actually have ambition... would we realistically ever have gone for someone like Del Piero, even with the available funds? I doubt it.

But back on topic, no to Madaschi and no to Ibini imo. As JW said, we need to look at how signings can improve the team, and whilst both are good players I don't think we're in need of either at the moment. Sure, we need more firepower but Ibini is more of a playmaking forward when we're in need of a target striker in the calibre of a Berisha or Smeltz. Defensively, Madaschi was great for us but he's surplus to requirements with Kisnorbo and Wielaert in central defence when we're really in need of an out-and-out RB.

3 at the back imo 3-4-3 we have enough wingers

No to Madaschi? Lol

Short memories.

Ibini and Madaschi into our side would be dramatic. We have so many we could release it's not funny. Our club just lacks ambition.

Whilst I agree with JW about the squad etc. You never turn down an opportunity to improve.

We had a big clean out of players last season who apparently weren't up to it and replaced them with supposedly better players. We are now last on the table. There needs to be movement, but I am not sure it has to occur in the playing ranks.

• Like 1

Ibini won't come to Melbourne, he's coming back to be close to his mother as his father recently passed away. He'll be going to a NSW club for sure. Ryan Griffiths is looking at coming back to the A-league.

Release D-Mac, sign Griffiths? That way we'll actually have a fully fit striker putting pressure on Mifsud. Our only other strikers are actually midfielders or wingers...

I recognise that Griffiths would be more expensive than D-Mac, but at 32 I wonder what his price tag would be...

Edited by Deluka

Ibini won't come to Melbourne, he's coming back to be close to his mother as his father recently passed away. He'll be going to a NSW club for sure. Ryan Griffiths is looking at coming back to the A-league.

Release D-Mac, sign Griffiths? That way we'll actually have a fully fit striker putting pressure on Mifsud. Our only other strikers are actually midfielders or wingers...

I recognise that Griffiths would be more expensive than D-Mac, but at 32 I wonder what his price tag would be...

We've certainly stuffed up the central striker role this season. We don't even seem to have an NYL striker who could step for some game time.

I always have the feeling that we're not aggressive enough with our squad management. Other clubs seem to be able to release players and pick up others fairly easily. Most of the time we seem to have 4-6 players out with medium- or long-term injuries.

Hopefully this Simone fellow can get some improvement in this respect.

• Like 1