Melbourne Football

FFA Cup Semi-Final 25th October 7.30 pm AAMI Park: Melbourne Derby

hakz7

*looks over map* OK we get bay 17 as our active area, they have bays 37-39 for there active; bay 11 is cat C dry; bay 22 and the entire upper level of the western stand are unavailable to City members....though strangely, bays 54-56 (which appear to be off the Olympic Park room; around where City class members sit, but on the half way line) are available as cat A....

Edited by ecguymer

10 minutes ago, ecguymer said:

*looks over map* OK we get bay 17 as our active area, they have bays 37-39 for there active; bay 11 is cat C dry; bay 22 and the entire upper level of the western stand are unavailable to City members....though strangely, bays 54-56 (which appear to be off the Olympic Park room; around where City class members sit, but on the half way line) are available as cat A....

If it helps this is considered an away game for us

20 minutes ago, rass said:

Fuk Ticketek. Gives me the option to move my 4 seats but then throws an error that the originals cannot be removed and tries charging me twice.

Almost got caught there too. I couldn't find a way to empty my "basket" and start again. I tried going back to square 1 but found that the site memorizes the basket for some time. So I just shut the site down, went and made a cup of coffee to allow the basket to empty, and then started again. Only way I could find to do it.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Almost got caught there too. I couldn't find a way to empty my "basket" and start again. I tried going back to square 1 but found that the site memorizes the basket for some time. So I just shut the site down, went and made a cup of coffee to allow the basket to empty, and then started again. Only way I could find to do it.

It's just a horrible site and always issues. Everytime i start again it does the same thing. Does not let me move the 4 seats, turns the originals to 8 in a row and then tries stinging you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rass said:

It's just a horrible site and always issues. Everytime i start again it does the same thing. Does not let me move the 4 seats, turns the originals to 8 in a row and then tries stinging you. 

Can only suggest you get right out of your browser, and then wait 10 minutes before going back to Ticketek. But it shouldn't be this f******* difficult to purchase a ticket on-line.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Just now, rass said:

No, it's part of the same transaction. Besides the new seats i selected arent there even though it makes them unavailable. It just adds 4 next to the original making it 8 in a row.

Shit site. 

When you go to Purchase can you remove all the tickets youve selected? 

44 minutes ago, n i k o said:

When you go to Purchase can you remove all the tickets youve selected? 

I didn't get that far, and my logic tells me not to do that. When I go to the supermarket and put an item in my basket and then decide I don't want it or prefer another brand or whatever, I put the original back on the shelf. I don't take it to the check-out and then tell the assistant there that I don't want it.

I guess it's a matter of using the site regularly enough to know what's what, and I suppose I don't do that because I am a season-ticket holder.

Edited by jw1739

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

I didn't get that far, and my logic tells me not to do that. When I go to the supermarket and put an item in my basket and then decide I don't want it or prefer another brand or whatever, I put the original back on the shelf. I don't take it to the check-out and then tell the assistant there that I don't want it.

I guess it's a matter of using the site regularly enough to know what's what, and I suppose I don't do that because I am a season-ticket holder.

Its the only way you can remove any tickets youve selected for purchase. Once you choose the tickets they are put in your basket. You have to click on Payment where you can then remove them. Clicking on this will only take you to the payment page where you have to approve and click on making the transaction. 

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

$20 to sit in the bay where the players entrance is, good to see the fans haven't been ripped off for once

don't see why we can only get 1 active ticket, should be trying to get plenty in the south end

It's probably cos only one bay is allocated for active area

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

$20 to sit in the bay where the players entrance is, good to see the fans haven't been ripped off for once

don't see why we can only get 1 active ticket, should be trying to get plenty in the south end

Don't worry, there will be plenty of us in the South End, and we'll make plenty of noise.  One advantage of this being nominally away is that we'll all be crammed together.  It's going to be great.

2 minutes ago, JC22 said:

What crowd could we expect for this do you think?

could they sell AAMI out on a Tuesday?

I am expecting about 15k being its a Tuesday night and most victory supporters wont want to wintness their team get trashed twice in one fortnight live. Could be the closest to an even ratio of fans at a derby

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I am expecting about 15k being its a Tuesday night and most victory supporters wont want to wintness their team get trashed twice in one fortnight live. Could be the closest to an even ratio of fans at a derby

Tbh i think the last couple of aami derbies have been 60:40 at worst.

We obv get more to aami derbies usually because of seats already reserved via membership.

i think we'll get 8-9 at least so a 50:50 split is fairly possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnno cpfc said:

Can we purchase tickets where we usually sit or is it the same as last time ??

The only help I can give is that your seat isn't specifically reserved for you since its not exactly a home City A League game.  

That said, check it out when you go to book your seat since I'd expect the aisle to be available - after all the upper deck on one side is open.  Long story short, if you get in early enough, your "normal" seat might be still available or that you could get close enough.

Edited by mattyh001

2 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

Can we purchase tickets where we usually sit or is it the same as last time ??

Johnno, I could (normally on the Western Wing) but elected to go in behind the Southern End goal (Bay 15).You can get yourself well under cover there and at the same time help swell the ranks of the City fans; the more we can get in there the bigger impact we'll have on the night.