jw1739

Memberships

1,338 posts in this topic

Circumstances change in life so the family are stepping away this year. But today's announcement certainly hasn't made it any harder. For a club with touted aspirations this is pretty ordinary. Good luck to the team but I'm scratching my head. 

I'm well and truly rusted on, but won't go on a limb and spend my money for a membership this early, The club can earn my money through their actions of the next 3 or so months

2 people like this

On 2017-6-16 at 0:51 PM, bt50 said:

Or scream "I am Melbourne" at a terrorist. Hools love that shit these days...

Make sure to beat your chest a few times and scream " don't you f#*king know who I am" first tho :ph34r:

16 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

So. all these so called rusted on fans are disappearing all of a sudden. The rusted on coat must have fallen of to reveal the true fair weather fan, honestly some of you people really need a reality check. This is NOT the premier league or the SreieA  or the La Liga for goodness sake get behind your club and the new manager , give them all the true support they need  and if things do not change then i am sure that CFG will do something about it, so stop all this doom and gloom .

Lol!! You want me to re-sign for my Preium A family membership when we can only get to 3 games at most this season???Circumstances change - work requirements changes, kids leave home and move away, major holidays are booked etc. It's life. 

But to be called "fair weather" when we've attended over 70 games in the last 6 years with a 200km round trip each time is insulting.  I haven't seen much "fair weather" with this club.   I resent being told what type of fan I am by anyone who has no idea of who I am or the effort we have put in to support this club.

2 people like this

I just went though all the seating sections to look at availability for next season - there are plenty of seats available everywhere. Clearly plenty of people have opted not to renew at this stage anyway. I really think they've just over-stepped the mark in pricing.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I just went though all the seating sections to look at availability for next season - there are plenty of seats available everywhere. Clearly plenty of people have opted not to renew at this stage anyway. I really think they've just over-stepped the mark in pricing.

I have tried to have a look at the memberships a few times. Specifically, I wanted to check seating on the wings, and found the system ridiculously clunky. The site actually refuses to allow me to create an account.

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Blackout said:

I have tried to have a look at the memberships a few times. Specifically, I wanted to check seating on the wings, and found the system ridiculously clunky. The site actually refuses to allow me to create an account.

What I do is go to the membership page, click on "Join", then "City Blue More Info", then "Buy now" against the Adult membership, and then you will see "Seating Availability" at the top of the page where you can go though each reserved seat section (for the whole stadium not just "City Blue") section by section. You don't actually have to try to buy anything at all. Then leave the club web-site altogether. Takes about 5 minutes total to see what's available and where.

I would think a whole lot more will become available on 1st July.

Edited by jw1739

5 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Lol!! You want me to re-sign for my Preium A family membership when we can only get to 3 games at most this season???Circumstances change - work requirements changes, kids leave home and move away, major holidays are booked etc. It's life. 

But to be called "fair weather" when we've attended over 70 games in the last 6 years with a 200km round trip each time is insulting.  I haven't seen much "fair weather" with this club.   I resent being told what type of fan I am by anyone who has no idea of who I am or the effort we have put in to support this club.

I'm sorry, did i mention your name? i was referring to all those so called rusted on fans who have decided to bail out because they don't like the signing of the new coach but if the cap fits then wear it.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Whilst I totally get Johnno's point of view, I most definitely respect this too. 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

I'm sorry, did i mention your name? i was referring to all those so called rusted on fans who have decided to bail out because they don't like the signing of the new coach but if the cap fits then wear it.

I don't like the signing, it isn't ambitious enough for me so I guess that describes me. I'm not bailing on the team just bailing on the season ticket and match attendance until I can be reasonably happy that at least the team will make a consistent effort and I won't leave angry or numb

Edited by belaguttman

I'm just simply not signing up unless they schedule three or four Sunday games, work stops me from going Friday and Saturday.

9 hours ago, imonyarraside said:

I'm just simply not signing up unless they schedule three or four Sunday games, work stops me from going Friday and Saturday.

Whilst l can attend any day, it's definitely a race against time for Friday night football. Personally, l like the Saturday 5pm/7:30pm games or Sunday 3pm/5pm games. They need to realise we have a lot of young members and need suitable days and times to maximise attendance, but FFA does the fixtures so like they care.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

Whilst l can attend any day, it's definitely a race against time for Friday night football. Personally, l like the Saturday 5pm/7:30pm games or Sunday 3pm/5pm games. They need to realise we have a lot of young members and need suitable days and times to maximise attendance, but Foxtel does the fixtures so like they care.

FTFY.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, malloy said:

FTFY.

Surely, not dictated solely by Foxtel? I'm sure the FFA last season pushed to have City for many Friday nights for the Cahill effect.

10 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Surely, not dictated solely by Foxtel? I'm sure the FFA last season pushed to have City for many Friday nights for the Cahill effect.

Ask yourself why that would be?

Cahill effect was applicable to ratings as well

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

FFA might draw up a proposed fixture for the season, but the schedule and fine-timing of the matches is determined by Foxtel. 

We moved from 7.30 p.m. to 7.50 p.m. for evening matches because of Foxtel. And surely you've noticed that matches don't actually kick-off until the Fox people give the referee the OK?

It's all about the TV audience. You will remember the seating arrangements and the farcical trophy presentation at the W-League GF two seasons ago. 

Foxtel says jump. FFA says how high. Don't be naive.