Melbourne Football

2015 City FFA Cup Campaign: Semi Final V The Cap Cheats in Perth

Dylan

Playing either Perth or Wanderers away in the Semi. So in other words Victory walk into the final ffs

Nah, they'll get rolled by Markelis scoring, fired up because they released him. Then Hume will park the bus. my boy Lupce too strong with them tactics. NPL Mourinho.

Edited by Tesla

Good crowd

I was mostly pleased with the way that we played considering the number of first choice players that we have out. Unlike previous years we played forward at almost every opportunity, easier with little pressure of course but its good to see the intent. Fornaroli was impressive with his movement on and off the ball, a very intelligent signing for us. Zinni was good when he came on, Koren less so. Mooy of course was very good as was Tando, this is the first time we've had 2 good keepers.

My biggest concern was how easily we tuned over the ball when there was pressure on our midfielders - this needs to improve by the time the HAL starts. I'm also concerned how we'll go with Mooy away on Socceroos duty. Of course the big mystery to everyone is what will our first choice XI be like (if they ever start together).

Fornaroli is very good. I was not sure until tonight. Some of his turns and runs are of another level. He is exactly the player that Koren needs and is capable of feeding. Add Novillo and Gamerio on either side of him cutting in and buzzing around, then put the occasional over laps from Franjic and Zullo, we have the firepower. If those 5 I've mentioned play in the same team with Mooy we will destroy Perth.