Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

13 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Can Petrilo go and find a non Adelaide or ex victory player ffs 

Didnt play at Adelaide when Petrillo was there so that link is tenuous at best.
Would be a good signing if you could get him for not much, but you wouldnt want to break the bank for him given we already have Jamo in that possie. Played every game for Adelaide this season.

21 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Would be a good signing if you could get him for not much, but you wouldnt want to break the bank for him given we already have Jamo in that possie. Played every game for Adelaide this season.

We will get him and let all our youth academy fullbacks in Atkinson and Pierias walk out of the door.

• Like 3

Very happy with this. Hopefully it’s true. 

It’s pretty clear we need a player capable of playing either side of the defence. The ability to cover two positions is very handy.

If De Laet goes, Galloway competes with Atkinson for RB. Pretty sure he’s actually right-footed too, so it makes sense. Can also cover Jamieson for LB. 

5 minutes ago, neio said:

My only concern with Galloway is that he doesn't seem to stay in the one spot very long. Victory, CCM, Wellington and now Adelaide. And he has played regularly at all clubs so he isn't getting moved on due to talent 

Just slap together a great team for a season so we can fuckin win something please 

12 hours ago, Dylan said:

A 15 mil facility?

which has been improved upon since, including adding the women’s facilities?

Talking about the fee of course which was a fraction of his worth, as was Arzani’s. 

They had already built the facility so it wasn’t funded by the Mooy on-sale which went into Man Citeh’s kick.

They then choose to “invest” in a marquee that had been released by his Polish club and couldn’t get a deal in the German second tier, despite him being in the shop window (which should surely be the minimum level for a marquee, so this was always a strange marquee signing).

That’s what we got for  Mooy. Budinski on a free.

For Arzani we got De Laet on a year long loan. Awesome investment.

Personally I don’t think CFG has done much to write home about so far.

whilst I’m whinging, @jw1739 I don’t think you should accept that “O Halloran was home sick” tale on face value. I’ve always assumed that was the clubs way to save face. Like “he has left by mutual consent”. I’m confident he would have been a lot less “home sick” if the manager had at least given him a chance as a winger.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bt50 said:

Why are we signing a player that isn't a CB?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Yep let’s disagree. Your list is underwhelming compared to main tittle contenders Perth, Sydney and Victory.

How about my other comment? It’s not only about the visas. Out of balance squad with one centre forward and adding Baccus. They all go hand in hand these stuff ups.

If you agree to disagree, technically you agree.

Edited by n i k o

9 hours ago, Bob Latchford said:

$30m :lol::lol::lol:

Keep playing FIFA Career Mode lad. You really are clueless every time you post.

Wasn't Mooy sold for close to $17 million?

My point was that with all this potential and lost opportunities, if CFG really wanted to spawn talent through their infrastructure for a profitable onsell, then I think they could do it better than they are.

But first they really need to play these visa an marquee players to find the diamond in the rough.

And I don't think that it unreasonable to suggest that over the last 3 years we wouldn't have had the opportunity to have $10s of millions in profit.

For example Azarni is on loan atm and if he had a stellar season with Celtic don't you think $10 million would be reasonable ask for a transfer from Manchester City?

All I am saying, it not out of the question if it's done right.

1 minute ago, HughJass said:

I don't think we should be surprised at this at all. This is an issue with all loan players. I hope now that we will hold on to Denis Genreau and bring him back from Zwolle ready for next season..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

That's interesting. He has one year left on his contract. So why would the club let him go to Perth?

Maybe the club feels he hasn't come on as expected? Perhaps his alleged exit is a reaction to the alleged Galloway signing? Perhaps he's just another one who's had enough of Joyce?

For the next few months we'll feature in all sorts of rumours. I don't take much notice until things are confirmed by one club or the other.

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'm actually calling bullshit on this one. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever for him to go to Perth, or for Perth to pay him the extra money to go sit on the bench.

If Perth sign everyone they've been linked to they will have a squad of 75 and will be shelling out four times the cap. 

Edited by fensaddler
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I cant remember who said it, but I think the squad depth approach really doesnt work in the Aleague. IMO best to use the cap on the XI and fill the rest with kids

Absolutely agree. "Depth" just means a whole lot of journeymen and mediocrity.

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I cant remember who said it, but I think the squad depth approach really doesnt work in the Aleague. IMO best to use the cap on the XI and fill the rest with kids

I’m pretty sure everyone on this forum supports that approach.

It would work very well for us because our kids are some of the best in the country. 

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Correct! All titles won in the last 10 years are evidence of that.

24 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Correct! All titles won in the last 10 years are evidence of that.

Unfortunately, if Joyce's tenure is extended I don't think that's the sort of squad we will have. I don't think he likes the concept of a "preferred starting XI" because his no. 1 criterion is how hard you apply yourself on the training track rather than your skills, reputation and seniority etc.

Hard to believe that rumour. Hes from tassie, is often back there in his breaks and has all his social mates are in Melbourne.  Not sure he would move at his age, only 19 still.  Not sure why the club would not keep him as a squad player thats on a low salary.  He has a lot of potential, I would hang on to him.  He starts for the national team as well. I call bullshit.

• Like 1

Atkinson leaving would be a real kick in the teeth, he is one of the more promising players in the league. He has had his moments this season but I think that was mainly due to not having a set position and being move every 10 minutes. He has been much better the last 6 weeks where we has been a right back the entire game 

Edited by neio

Fuck the off season hasn't started yet!!!! 90 plus stoppage to go but even still we shouldn't be discussing who is leaving but who we are getting. 

We need a couple decent rumours. What ever happened to that Volkswagen a

dude.

Edited by Jovan

• jw1739 pinned this topic