Melbourne Football

Vs Western United 7th Jan (Away)

heart1011

Rumours going around that their players have been paid late, they have no venue to play against Adelaide in a few weeks, fans are cracking the shits.. they really never should have been given a licence.. considering they blatantly lied to the APL about there supposed stadium that was supposed to be finished a while ago and I quote "we will build the town around the club".. go for a drive out there and you'll find a pile of dirt.. a shitty stand that has been erected and a shitty paddock that is apparently the pitch.. an absolute joke of a club it really is!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, heart1011 said:

Rumours going around that their players have been paid late, they have no venue to play against Adelaide in a few weeks, fans are cracking the shits.. they really never should have been given a licence.. considering they blatantly lied to the APL about there supposed stadium that was supposed to be finished a while ago and I quote "we will build the town around the club".. go for a drive out there and you'll find a pile of dirt.. a shitty stand that has been erected and a shitty paddock that is apparently the pitch.. an absolute joke of a club it really is!

TBH the fault lies more with the  League/FA or whoever. Anyone trying to sell something will put the best face on it that they can. It's up to the buyer to do their due diligence. I feel the same with Macarthur. It's just in the endless suburbia of Sydney. IMO the league is about to repeat with Auckland.

The front runner with the previous expansion was Team11. But even they could not guarantee a stadium/home ground. And when I say home ground I mean one suitable for football at a club level.

The problem at the administrative level is that football keeps basing its decisions on projections and junior registrations, not actual grass roots interest in the game. Not on access to suitable grounds for spectators. Nor where potential players and staff and their families might wish to live? How many of the expansion clubs that we have had are actually still there and viable? How many no longer exist at the senior level? How many have never had the administrative body having to take at least part-ownership to survive?

The NSD (Eastern States Thought Bubble League), the GF decision, now the all matches in Sydney week or whatever it is, so typical of hanging on to ideas to the bitter end. 

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TBH the fault lies more with the  League/FA or whoever. Anyone trying to sell something will put the best face on it that they can. It's up to the buyer to do their due diligence. I feel the same with Macarthur. It's just in the endless suburbia of Sydney. IMO the league is about to repeat with Auckland.

The front runner with the previous expansion was Team11. But even they could not guarantee a stadium/home ground. And when I say home ground I mean one suitable for football at a club level.

The problem at the administrative level is that football keeps basing its decisions on projections and junior registrations, not actual grass roots interest in the game. Not on access to suitable grounds for spectators. Nor where potential players and staff and their families might wish to live? How many of the expansion clubs that we have had are actually still there and viable? How many no longer exist at the senior level? How many have never had the administrative body having to take at least part-ownership to survive?

The NSD (Eastern States Thought Bubble League), the GF decision, now the all matches in Sydney week or whatever it is, so typical of hanging on to ideas to the bitter end. 

I suspect that it is similar to the VFL/AFL transition. The VFL was effectively broke hence they created the AFL and charged the new interstate clubs a fortune so that they could pay off the accumulated debts. EVentually broadcasting rights were established and the AFL became more business like becoming the juggernaut that it is today.

Similarly, FA were scrimping by hence the licenses went to the teams that paid up. Unfortunately, the FA never became professional enough to be put on a firm financial footing. The little kids are paying so that the petty local club officials can pretend they are big wigs.

• Like 1

Not the best half. About 30 minutes of average and 15 minutes of terrible. 
They’ are not giving Arslan the space like Brisbane gifted him (funnily enough) and are getting numbers back to defend their lead, making them hard to break down.

Galloway ball watching for the goal for mine.