Melbourne Football

Season 23/24 - Round 4 -Melbourne vs Macarthur Sunday 12th Nov - 3:00pm

IssySG

• IssySG changed the title to Season 23/24 - Round 4 -Melbourne vs Macarthur Sunday 12th Nov - 3:00pm
18 minutes ago, haz said:

Leckie is still out. 

Had a "set-back" of a couple of weeks. Aiming to be back in contention for the match after the international break.

The squad is essentially unchanged from Wednesday night. Looks as though we've named everyone except Emin Durakovic - he seems to have disappeared after getting big wraps earlier??  Doesn't look as though we have anyone else from the youth squad who's challenging for a place.

I'd like to see Galloway start instead of Talbot.

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Had a "set-back" of a couple of weeks. Aiming to be back in contention for the match after the international break.

The squad is essentially unchanged from Wednesday night. Looks as though we've named everyone except Emin Durakovic - he seems to have disappeared after getting big wraps earlier??  Doesn't look as though we have anyone else from the youth squad who's challenging for a place.

I'd like to see Galloway start instead of Talbot.

Did'nt Talbot get injured last week ?

35 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Am I missing something? Just gone online to buy tickets for tomorrow's match ( for friends who want to go) and I'm advised tickets are no longer on sale. What sort of lunacy is this?

@fensaddler Wow!! After reading your post I just checked as well. I see exactly the same message. I'd say that although the match is clearly listed as Sunday, Ticketek's system has possibly retained the cut-off of KO 5.30 today, Saturday. And therefore you can't buy tickets.

What a stuff-up. You'll be OK though if you go to the ground tomorrow although it's very, very poor.

This season so far has been a shambles all round.

17 minutes ago, fensaddler said:
It appears someone at the club has read my comments here, or on Twitter... Good on them, but it doesn't stop Ticketek being a proven coven of rank incompetence and rent seeking.

If the League had any balls that should be enough to terminate the contract. Just another example of where there's too much reliance on "systems" and not enough on humans checking WTF is going on.

1 hour ago, IssySG said:

Goals. I want goals.

Up the City

"Up the City, Wheel 'em in" we used to shout when I was a lad. Ever heard the "Pompey Chimes?" I heard that from a packed "away" terrace at Reading one time - very, very tribal. Great stuff! Pity we don't have something simple like that.

Edited by jw1739