Melbourne Football

Rado OUT thread

kingofhearts

Good on the club for showing some balls and getting rid of someone so early in the season. In the good ol' heart days we would've given him the rest of the season to see if this would work out.

The season is still young and their is heaps of time to turn this around.

I'm expecting a big performance on Friday.

Edited by kingofhearts

On the fence about this.

Hopefully not just a knee jerk reaction to save face and distract attention away from the real problem of inept list recruitment.

Vidmar doesn't seem the type to 'toe the corporate line' either.

In saying that:

“In Aurelio we have someone whose credentials speak for themselves and who is also committed to playing an attacking, possession-based brand of football that aligns with our own football philosophy,” football director Michael Petrillo said.

As with many others here I have my concerns about the list being able to execute the 'brand' style of play.

Wait and see from me.

Does anyone know what Ufuk Talay is doing, surely at least was worth a phone call. 

It's the right call on Rado I think, but I will admit that it's very quick and he wasn't given any time to try and turn the ship around. If that's how we're running things now, we could go through a couple managers quick if we don't get results we want quickly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neio said:

Does anyone know what Ufuk Talay is doing, surely at least was worth a phone call. 

It's the right call on Rado I think, but I will admit that it's very quick and he wasn't given any time to try and turn the ship around. If that's how we're running things now, we could go through a couple managers quick if we don't get results we want quickly

Don't think so. CFG just do not sack managers on an immediate basis. IMO this has been brewing since before the end of last season and our thrashing in the GFI still think it's the reason why VdV and Lam left the club.

6 minutes ago, neio said:

I reckon there is probably more issues from last season that the club was concerned about. As opposed to just looking at the first 2 games this season...

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Vidmar is already at training. This must have  been lined up for a while now and was going to happen even if we didn't lose to adelaide 

Possibly so - after all the signs had been there since the GF hammering. Right from the start of the season - we conceded a goal in 37 seconds to Oakleigh!

And if you look again at Adelaide's first goal and look at the body language of our boys after the ball goes in - it's obvious that there's no fight there.

Vidmar has got a big task ahead of him to turn that sort of attitude around.

• Thanks 1

Wow. This morning I was feeling pessimistic about City but now I have hope back. Vidmar? Not sure. First he has been around for quite a while but not making much impact nor it appears progressing. Interestingly it appears that he is contracted for the remainder of the season only. So he may have the inside running but is no certainty. The idea that a coach needs to be a hot head is misplaced - Ange has proven that over the course of his career and QPR has just sacked Ainsworth (don't ask) because he was a hot head.

The positive for me is that if there was a bias against Galloway or Hall then it is unlikely that Vidmar will have them as he has not been at the club. His first real test will come if he makes substitutions and when.

I prefer Ufuk Talay myself because he does appear to have a brain.

• Like 1

Something not discussed in this thread that I feel is probably part of the board conversation:

squad departures.

Whilst you can explain away each player departure individually, the big picture looked like we had a serious problem. 
Based on the subsequent events my guess is the board shared my concern.

Edited by D.B. Cooper

54 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

Something not discussed in this thread that I feel is probably part of the board conversation:

squad departures.

Whilst you can explain away each player departure individually, the big picture looked like we had a serious problem. 

@D.B. Cooper It's only guesswork of course, but this has long been my theory too. The double departure of VdV and Lam could be explained, but footballers and their families are forever moving as the player's contractual situation changes, so they would have been well aware of what two years here would mean, and their sudden departures are why I am in agreement with your proposition - there was a serious problem. However, I'm not sure that it went to the Board. The sequence seems to have been that when the squad returned from Adelaide Rado went to see Petrillo, and that after a relatively short discussion, there was agreement that Rado's contract would terminate by mutual agreement.

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@D.B. Cooper It's only guesswork of course, but this has long been my theory too. The double departure of VdV and Lam could be explained, but footballers and their families are forever moving as the player's contractual situation changes, so they would have been well aware of what two years here would mean, and their sudden departures are why I am in agreement with your proposition - there was a serious problem. However, I'm not sure that it went to the Board. The sequence seems to have been that when the squad returned from Adelaide Rado went to see Petrillo, and that after a relatively short discussion, there was agreement that Rado's contract would terminate by mutual agreement.

From what Petrillo has said, both Lam n VdV wanted to stay, but their wives didn't.

2 hours ago, malloy said:

From what Petrillo has said, both Lam n VdV wanted to stay, but their wives didn't.

Wives and husbands want and don't want quite a few things - it's a matter of compromise. Surely as a footballer's wife surely you understand that you're going to have to move around? 

12 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Wives what are they good for.. 🙃🙄

Let's not go there....

• Haha 1

On 05/11/2023 at 3:32 PM, D.B. Cooper said:

squad departures.

Do you know why Floran left?

17 hours ago, playmaker said:

Do you know why Floran left?

No.

When I renewed my membership I was told he had a year to run on his deal. Again there are a range of plausible explanations for his departure but surely we’d have preferred to keep him so it added to the question over Rado.

PS I take the “mutual agreement” and associated club statements with a pinch of salt. The board was not happy so they made a change.

The statements are just their attempt to do it in a nice way.

9 hours ago, D.B. Cooper said:

No.

When I renewed my membership I was told he had a year to run on his deal. Again there are a range of plausible explanations for his departure but surely we’d have preferred to keep him so it added to the question over Rado.

PS I take the “mutual agreement” and associated club statements with a pinch of salt. The board was not happy so they made a change.

The statements are just their attempt to do it in a nice way.

I’m pretty sure Florin was out of contract.

• Like 2