Melbourne Football

Friday 18th March vs Brisbane Roar 7.40 pm AAMI Park

kingofhearts

Three convincing wins in a row. Dominated in all three games and we have got what we deserved, 9 points. We are looking way better than 2 competitors in the title race and we definitely can win the silverware!

Hope Adelaide could win tomorrow. If so, we can have our fate in our hands.

I spent all day today packing up our old house in the Ovens Valley before it gets demolished, it was just deluging rain. Drove for nearly 4 hours and missed the first half. Arrived just after the second half started and missed a bratwurst sausage.

We arrived just as Bruno was awarded a penalty. My wife rushed into the premium A area to watch it and we saw a cop leaping in the air when Mooy scored. Even better was the schadenfreude sausage we served to 'Lucky John'. I'm sure McLaren was banging them in in practice.

Positives:

Missed the first half, sounded like we were not fluent.

A win from behind

Players who looked like they wanted to win, our second goal celebrated by the whole team and bench showing just how much they wanted it.

Bruno at one stage had 5 Roar players marking him, half their team on the pitch

Defence looked solid. Wilkinson and Malik have made a big big difference with their positioning and their disposal, our transition into attack looks so much better now.

The look on Aloisi's face - priceless

Schadenfreude sausage tastes so much better than bratwurst

Top of the League, let's try to stay there.

• Like 6

Great win. From the moment they scored it was all us and we thoroughly deserved the win. Bruno's balance and holding off the man still surprises me is just that good at it what he did to Hingert was just beautiful to watch! Everyone contributed tonight was a great team performance and we tired them out well when they went down to 10 men. Finals here we come.

Vamos City!!!

Brilliant second half performance highlighted by a dominant, gutsy, never-say-die series of efforts from Bruno. He was instrumental in getting that penalty for us, which was when the tide turned and we began to look dangerous and quick in attack. The belief is in this playing group, we have every chance of doing something special from here.

Only downside was the crowd, the weather through the day clearly kept some people away, but there shouldn't be any excuses from here, our form has been good enough for long enough now to justify 5 figure crowds. Let's hope that happens by the Adelaide game. Despite that, buzzing. What a great night. Cmon City!

• Like 1

the Bruno tifo was absolutely marvelous, was one of if not the best one I can remember since we became City. 

You could tell he absolutely loved it too! Who knows, maybe it could be the difference between him staying and leaving? 

• Like 5

Just now, Nate said:

the Bruno tifo was absolutely marvelous, was one of if not the best one I can remember since we became City. 

You could tell he absolutely loved it too! Who knows, maybe it could be the difference between him staying and leaving? 

PICS NOW PLS

was it shown on TV?

• Like 1

A great win. Brilliant performance by Bruno Fornaroli, merit star to Anthony Caceres for one of the best headed goals I've ever seen anywhere, and honourable mentions to Nick Fitzgerald for another goal and Aaron Mooy for overall play. The whole team put in and you can see that the boys really wanted the win. Only negative for me was Harry's performance - I thought he looked very lazy and didn't put in a full shift as all the others did.

I think we now hold the record for the most goals in a 27-match season - 58?

The crowd was a little disappointing in numbers, but all round the ground fans were on their feet and joining in with chants etc. What a great evening - wouldn't have missed it for the world.

54 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I spent all day today packing up our old house in the Ovens Valley before it gets demolished, it was just deluging rain. Drove for nearly 4 hours and missed the first half. Arrived just after the second half started and missed a bratwurst sausage.

We arrived just as Bruno was awarded a penalty. My wife rushed into the premium A area to watch it and we saw a cop leaping in the air when Mooy scored. Even better was the schadenfreude sausage we served to 'Lucky John'. I'm sure McLaren was banging them in in practice.

Positives:

Missed the first half, sounded like we were not fluent.

A win from behind

Players who looked like they wanted to win, our second goal celebrated by the whole team and bench showing just how much they wanted it.

Bruno at one stage had 5 Roar players marking him, half their team on the pitch

Defence looked solid. Wilkinson and Malik have made a big big difference with their positioning and their disposal, our transition into attack looks so much better now.

The look on Aloisi's face - priceless

Schadenfreude sausage tastes so much better than bratwurst

Top of the League, let's try to stay there.

Bravo!!!!!! Love hearing about the commitment supporters put in. When the team doesnt put the effort in it makes me livid just because i know for myself if i catch the train i wont be home till after 12.

• Like 1