RD 19 We're having some visitors over at AAMI

Dylan

How we SHOULD lineup:

Sorensen

Franjic     Kisnorbo    Wilkinson    Zullo

Malik

Caceres       Mooy

Fitzgerald          Fornaroli          Novillo

Fitzy gave a decent assist when he came on and made good impact. Could even play Garuccio on either wing.

Coach: Anyone but JVS

• Like 4

Was about 90% confident we'd win this before Sunday, but thats dropped down to about 60%. 

Players should be a bit more hyped up than we were against Jets, and Victory dont seem to play derbies too well away from their home. Probably due for a drawn derby. 

Edited by hedaik

Just now, possiblygeorge said:

Where do the goals come from? If we play anything like yesterday and like last time's derby, we won't see a goal from Novillo, Bruno or Mauk.

'if we play like' - that's our problem, we are schizophrenic, we can play as good or poorly as anyone on our day. Literally...no one in the league is good enough at our best, and nobody is bad enough to beat us at our worst.

That reads absolutely horrible for the man in charge. And after a period of time, simply shouldn't be in the control of the reigns. 

I want to bring 2 friends to this game. I figure I'll have to change or upgrade my seat to be able to sit next to them. I'm happy to do that. Oh but "you can't because it's the derby". Ok so what you're saying is, you can't bring new people to the biggest game of the year if you have a reserved seat. Makes sense.

Apparently if we want to sit in a group we have to buy premium B seats at full price. Okay, fair enough, but then our reserved seats are empty and no one can sit in them.

Seriously get your fuckin shit together.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fidrildid6 said:

I want to bring 2 friends to this game. I figure I'll have to change or upgrade my seat to be able to sit next to them. I'm happy to do that. Oh but "you can't because it's the derby". Ok so what you're saying is, you can't bring new people to the biggest game of the year if you have a reserved seat. Makes sense.

Apparently if we want to sit in a group we have to buy premium B seats at full price. Okay, fair enough, but then our reserved seats are empty and no one can sit in them.

Seriously get your fuckin shit together.

Hit up City Voice mate, no point venting to us because we're all on your side. The club needs to know how unsatisfactory their current ticketing process is.

• Like 2

I have no idea how we're going to set up this game but I'd say the starting eleven may be like this and without any particular formation in mind:

Sorenson

Franjic Wilkinson Kisnorbo Zullo

Malik Melling

Mooy

Caceras Bruno Harry

Edited by n i k o

34 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I have no idea how we're going to set up this game but I'd say the starting eleven may be like this and without any particular formation in mind:

Sorenson

Franjic Wilkinson Kisnorbo Zullo

Malik Melling

Mooy

Caceras Bruno Harry

Swap Melling with Caceras due to his card and id start Fitzgerald he looked ok although was reluctant to play a simple easy ball.

If we continue with 352 

Sorensen 

Wilkinson Kisnorbo Clisby 

Franjic.                                          Zullo

Malik.             Caceras 

Mooy

Novillo        Fornaroli 

Elsewhere people are suggesting Mooy should drop back and we should play Caceres in the #10 role?

We won't have a potential game-changer on our bench. IMO this is one of our biggest weaknesses and has been all season. We have too many "also-rans" in our squad.

And look at the injuries/not match fits we still have: Hughes, Chapman, Gameiro, Marino, Brown. And, of course, no international marquee replacement for Koren.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Elsewhere people are suggesting Mooy should drop back and we should play Caceres in the #10 role?

We won't have a potential game-changer on our bench. IMO this is one of our biggest weaknesses and has been all season. We have too many "also-rans" in our squad.

And look at the injuries/not match fits we still have: Hughes, Chapman, Gameiro, Marino, Brown. And, of course, no international marquee replacement for Koren.

Good point. Probably one of the reasons why we are - what - zero points now from six games when the opposition has scored first? Guys like Trifiro are handy when you need to save a game, but they're not much use when you've got to chase a result.

11 minutes ago, SF33 said:

We've been here before. It's a Michael Corleone game. Just when we think we're out, they pull us back in. City 3-1.

Having said that, someone raised a good point earlier: when was the last time that a derby was drawn? It's been ages. Just about due...

Off top of my head I reckon it was, last season we were heart the first derby 0-0

Surprising we were held goalless that night with a strike force of Mifsud, Williams, Dugandzic, Merbrahtu and Macallister

• Like 2

4 hours ago, neio said:

Off top of my head I reckon it was, last season we were heart the first derby 0-0

Surprising we were held goalless that night with a strike force of Mifsud, Williams, Dugandzic, Merbrahtu and Macallister

The really shameful thing is that we could keep a clean sheet with the team that we had then and we can't do that now, even with better quality defenders.

Edited by belaguttman

15 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

The really shameful thing is that we could keep a clean sheet with the team that we had then and we can't do that now, even with better quality defenders.

People keep saying this, but as far as I can see in 2014/15 Franjic played the grand total of 387 minutes, Hughes 898 minutes and Zullo none at all. (Data from transfermarkt.co.uk.) IMO we pay too much attention to reputation and insufficient to recent performance.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 8:28 AM, hakz7 said:

How we SHOULD lineup:

Sorensen

Franjic     Kisnorbo    Wilkinson    Zullo

Malik

Caceres       Mooy

Fitzgerald          Fornaroli          Novillo

Fitzy gave a decent assist when he came on and made good impact. Could even play Garuccio on either wing.

Coach: Anyone but JVS

Agree with all of this. Novillo can play a little more narrow than Fitzgerald, so he can still give support to Bruno. We need to keep things tight at the back and take any chances that come our way.