Melbourne Football

RD 19 We're having some visitors over at AAMI

Dylan

Seriously Fornaroli is a freak. Compare his header for our 2nd goal with Berisha's and you get an idea of who's the better player. World class from him, Mooy also back to his best in that first half. Think we've been the better team after the first 20 minutes when they dominated possession. Huge half to come, maintain the rage boys! 

7 minutes ago, morphine said:

Why so much Caceres hate? He is a deadset gun and the second yellow was soft. Could've happened to anyone. Makes no sense to single him out when he was having a go. 5 other passengers who deserve heat before him. 

I think he tries to go hard and be noticed, unfortunately he overcooks it a little and gets punished.

He needs to calm down a little and stop trying to prove he is on mooy's level.

take your time son....he'll be right

• Like 1

Well we didn't play well, but when your playing 12 fucking men it is very hard. Especially has the twelfth man is the cunt of a referee!! IMO the most disgraceful refereeing display I have ever seen in all my years (and there are plenty) of watching football!

All the players out there for us have very good ability. What they don't have is a decent manager to organise them into an effective unit. 

The two bookings for Caceres were a joke. He hardly made contact in the first for a 50/50 ball and though he went to ground for the second, he never made contact. It's the first time I have heard of a player booked when not making contact.

I am also wondering if the coach told Retre to run around like a headless chicken, because that is what he did when he came on. I like the kid but he should have sat behind Mooy and Zullo.

Overall a much better defensive display. Didn't give up many chances and Wilkinson looks a solid defender. Also in the first half Maiik played well in front of the central defenders.

Oh! and the Barbarouses stamp on the Gooch should have been a sending off, not a yelllow card!

Edited by silva10
  • Like 2

Positives:

Bratwurst with onions, cheese and mustard

An undeserved draw, what makes that good makes that bad too

Fornaroli 2: Berisha 0. Wilkinson wore Belisha like a glove and Berisha had as much presence as James Brown

Much better organisation and shape with a back 4. Malik finally likes like a worthy replacement for Srhoj. Wilkinson brought a sense of calm to the back line

Mooy more influential in a 4-3-3 but has dropped his form somewhat from earlier in the season. His corners were terrible tonight

Chapeau to Melburnians tonight, you sounded great.

Negatives:

North Terrace behaviour. Ripping flares and even worse, throwing bottles just gives the moral high ground and initiative back to FFA. Dumb dumb dumb.

2 consecutive red cards to Caceres, I accept that all of the yellows were soft but really he is trying too  hard. Hopefully someone looks after him so this doesn't crush him.

We're still struggling to retain possession in midfield, our midfield positioning in attacking transition was poor tonight, instead of expanding the field we seem to be compressing it. Fornaroli's brilliance is covering up our ordinariness across the park

I don't know what JVS says to the team during the half time breaks but whatever it is he should try the opposite.

Chris Beath, what can I say, the only good thing about his woeful performance was that he was terrible to both teams.

Melbourne must have been a free crime zone tonight, every single cop on the force was at AAMI Park tonight

14 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Got the players, don't have the coach. Little optimism we can win anything this year.

Agree

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Yes that was 'rather crude' from Franjic

In addition I thought Kisnorbo's accidental trip of a tard at about the same time, in the box, was a clear pen. (& when have I ever said that?)

As to the non goal didn't see it, but about time we got a break after all the bullshit we've worn over the years.

Beath had a shocker tonight but all in all we can't complain too much, we got a few breaks to cover up for the stuff we coped.