Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

13 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Why does City have a habit of signing young and upcoming Goal Keepers when we already have Nieuwenhuizen and some talent also within the Academy? They end up getting absolutely no game time and then move on..

36 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

I honestly don’t know as we have James Nieuwenhuizen as well who supposed to very highly regarded 

Yeah seems a bit frustrating to have all this "promising talent" but can't play them all at once or at all...maybe the idea is the best talent will rise to the top and whoever doesn't make it goes elsewhere in a season or 2.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

I honestly don’t know as we have James Nieuwenhuizen as well who supposed to very highly regarded 

Exactly. WTF we need this Beach guy for is totally beyond me. As far as I can see he hasn't made a first-team appearance at Mariners. We let Gauci go, we let Delianov go. In the end Nieuwenhuizen will leave and next minute he'll be starter elsewhere.

Edit: I suppose it could be a three-year Scholarship, but he's 20??

Edited by jw1739

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Exactly. WTF we need this Beach guy for is totally beyond me. As far as I can see he hasn't made a first-team appearance at Mariners. We let Gauci go, we let Delianov go. In the end Nieuwenhuizen will leave and next minute he'll be starter elsewhere.

Edit: I suppose it could be a three-year Scholarship, but he's 20??

You can add Sozer to the list.

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Steinmann hasn't played at all in 2023. I hope not. Not necessarily German of course - could be German-speaking?

We aren't be able to sign someone who has been ripping through the Bundesliga. Maybe we've sold him on the benefits of the world-famous Germano Treatment Centre?

21 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

So he's changed clubs to move back up the 'pecking order' into second best again? 😅 all the best to him, but he didn't look very promising when he stepped in for Glover...

At least over there he gets on the team sheet, he wouldn't have for us.. So why not move...

Ah German midfielder!!! The prophecy has come true, somebody on this forum will be happy.

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Apart from having played for the wrong Hamburg team, he sounds like a potentially good signing

He’s got family in Melbourne so a little less “personal reasons” potential issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Hearing this morning Tilio is very close to departing. Multiple offers are on the table for him including a Serie A club. Looks like he will be gone unfortunately 😕 

As much as it will hurt to lose him, it would be worse for him to stay another season and then leave for free...we deserve to cash in on our most talented youngsters!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

As much as it will hurt to lose him, it would be worse for him to stay another season and then leave for free...we deserve to cash in on our most talented youngsters!

Given that there's a major rebuild going on around him, it's better all round, both for Marco and for the club. I just hope that he goes to a club where he's going to play rather than just waste a career on a bench.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, heart1011 said:

Hearing this morning Tilio is very close to departing. Multiple offers are on the table for him including a Serie A club. Looks like he will be gone unfortunately 😕 

Not surprised, better we cash in on him this season than lose him on a free next season, I assume we will use a visa slot on a replacement

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heart1011 said:

Nah I've heard that he wants to stay as long as we give him marquee wages. Well worth it imo.

49 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

I would imagine that would be the only reason he would stay. Big money and guaranteed playing time...

Pretty obviously any club would be foolish to guarantee playing time. Big marquee money? It is a salary-capped league and I am ambivalent about tying up marquee and designated player places on local players, especially young local players. If they're that good then, like Marco, they will be attracting overseas clubs and for their careers it's better for them to take one of those opportunities.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Pretty obviously any club would be foolish to guarantee playing time. Big marquee money? It is a salary-capped league and I am ambivalent about tying up marquee and designated player places on local players, especially young local players. If they're that good then, like Marco, they will be attracting overseas clubs and for their careers it's better for them to take one of those opportunities.

Well I probably didn't quite word it correctly, I meant more like he would get a lot more playing time here than perhaps overseas currently. Also don't believe we would be offering him marquee status as I can't see our current big earners wanting to take a pay cut... he should definitely take his chances of progressing himself overseas. 

• Like 1