Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

No fucking way would I go near bulut.

Can play, but he'd fuck it up before you got a season out of him. Not to mention that he'd be either a bad influence on the group or everyone would hate him

Isn't Bulut off to Syria?

I hope that nobody is off to Syria, Bulut included.

• Like 1

The only times I have seen Juric grab a game by the throat has been with the NT under Ange. Since we don't have Ange, I rather steer away from Juric as I find him too inconsistent, in which case I rather keep Wilo. Bulut can score, is aggressive on the pitch but I fear he may not be a positive for the club in all other areas. I rather the club chase McClaren from PG.

Juric would be an excellent signing, but I'm pretty certain Juric would demand marquee wages, so Josh Kennedy would have to be moved on before Melbourne City could sign Juric.

Off the pitch issues have followed Bulut around for the whole of his senior football career, so whilst he's a very talented player the club shouldn't look to sign him until it's exhausted every other option, such as Jamie Maclaren, possibly Eli Babalj, etc.

I'm a fan of Nikita Rukavytsya, and think he could potentially be a pretty good Australian winger signed inside the salary cap. He tore up the A-League at Perth Glory a few years ago before he went to Europe, scoring 10 goals over 19 games in his last A-League season at Perth (2008-09). And then he did fairly well in Europe, spending 6 years in Europe at respectable clubs like FC Twente, Hertha Berlina (2. Bundesliga and the Bundesliga), Mainz 05 (Bundesliga) and FSV Frankfurt (2. Bundesliga). And apart from playing 16 games for the Socceroos across multiple Socceroos coaches, Rukavytsya even made a few appearances in the UEFA Champions League, which is something most A-League players will never get near.

Rukavytsya probably won't win the Johnny Warren medal next season or anything, but as he's shown before he's got the talent to be a top player in the A-League. I'm sure Rukavytsya has underperformed this season in a very poor Wanderers side, where most players underperformed, so I'm rather sure he'll do significantly better next season at a new A-League club. I'm sure he'd at least be as good as David Williams, so together with Novillo, Williams and hopefully 1 new Visa winger, Melbourne City would have the makings of a strong forward line for next season IMO (and would just need to sign up a new proper striker or two). 

The only times I have seen Juric grab a game by the throat has been with the NT under Ange. Since we don't have Ange, I rather steer away from Juric as I find him too inconsistent, in which case I rather keep Wilo. Bulut can score, is aggressive on the pitch but I fear he may not be a positive for the club in all other areas. I rather the club chase McClaren from PG.

Only time Bulut grabbed anyone by the throat was at McDonalds lol

Juric would be an excellent signing, but I'm pretty certain Juric would demand marquee wages, so Josh Kennedy would have to be moved on before Melbourne City could sign Juric.

Off the pitch issues have followed Bulut around for the whole of his senior football career, so whilst he's a very talented player the club shouldn't look to sign him until it's exhausted every other option, such as Jamie Maclaren, possibly Eli Babalj, etc.

I'm a fan of Nikita Rukavytsya, and think he could potentially be a pretty good Australian winger signed inside the salary cap. He tore up the A-League at Perth Glory a few years ago before he went to Europe, scoring 10 goals over 19 games in his last A-League season at Perth (2008-09). And then he did fairly well in Europe, spending 6 years in Europe at respectable clubs like FC Twente, Hertha Berlina (2. Bundesliga and the Bundesliga), Mainz 05 (Bundesliga) and FSV Frankfurt (2. Bundesliga). And apart from playing 16 games for the Socceroos across multiple Socceroos coaches, Rukavytsya even made a few appearances in the UEFA Champions League, which is something most A-League players will never get near.

Rukavytsya probably won't win the Johnny Warren medal next season or anything, but as he's shown before he's got the talent to be a top player in the A-League. I'm sure Rukavytsya has underperformed this season in a very poor Wanderers side, where most players underperformed, so I'm rather sure he'll do significantly better next season at a new A-League club. I'm sure he'd at least be as good as David Williams, so together with Novillo, Williams and hopefully 1 new Visa winger, Melbourne City would have the makings of a strong forward line for next season IMO (and would just need to sign up a new proper striker or two).

Duff once played in the EPL, Kennedy was in the NT team and Del Pierro played for some of the biggest clubs in the world. If my point is not already clear its that you can't look at when a player peaked during their career and expect them to somehow relive that level of performance later on.

The fact is Rukavytsya was extremely poor. And Im struggling to deal with having one David Williams let alone two. I know the forum would end up in meltdown if a duo of Williams and Rukavytsya end up on the pitch together.

Edited: I've come to the conclusion that most people suggesting Rukavytsya saw his clinching goal against us and think he's worth a spot. If you watched any number of games where he played he was, no exaggeration, twice as bad as Williams.

Edited by n i k o

My ideal starting eleven for next season would be:

Vukovic

Franjic Kisnorbo VISA VISA

---Paartalu---Marquee--------

---------Mooy (aus marq)-------------

RRukavytska--VISA--Novillo (visa)

Subs: velaphi, melling, chapman, McBulut, Juric.

Obviously there can be shuffling around and plenty of game time for most of the players as injuries/suspensions are never far away for us.

Duff once played in the EPL, Kennedy was in the NT team and Del Pierro played for some of the biggest clubs in the world. If my point is not already clear its that you can't look at when a player peaked during their career and expect them to somehow relive that level of performance later on.

The fact is Rukavytsya was extremely poor. And Im struggling to deal with having one David Williams let alone two. I know the forum would end up in meltdown if a duo of Williams and Rukavytsya end up on the pitch together.

Ruka reminds me of Novillo. Has the brains of a skilled player but needs to be disciplined and taught about correct decision making which can be fixed during a full pre season. Williams isn't a smart player all he can do is run. No skill or shot whatsoever.

Ruka reminds me of Novillo. Has the brains of a skilled player but needs to be disciplined and taught about correct decision making which can be fixed during a full pre season. Williams isn't a smart player all he can do is run. No skill or shot whatsoever.

Go back and watch his games and I lost count the amount of fumbled balls he lost, misplaced passes and overshot crosses he screwed up. As I said earlier jut because he scored against us doesn't mean he's a worthy player.

Bizarre stuff from Perth. They are seemingly ready to let Vukovic terminate his contract early, but are fighting to keep their backup striker Maclaren.

Maclaren's already met with the PFA, and they seem ready to fully back his effort to terminate his Perth Glory contract. So I reckon it'll happen if Maclaren wants it to happen (which he seemingly does want). There seems to be a lot of player power in Australia, and like with other instances of player vs club such as Michael McGlinchey vs Central Coast Mariners, I reckon Maclaren and the PFA will win out and his contract will get terminated.

Also the consensus opinion after the Perth Salary cap breach was that Perth Glory player contracts were put in a precarious position, and the players that wanted to leave (i.e. exercise their contractual right to leave) would be allowed to leave.

Now I'm in the dark about the specific legal technicalities of this contract dispute, but overall I reckon Maclaren will leave Perth, even if it takes a few months instead of a few weeks. IMO Perth are needlessly making things messy, and they won't be any better off after everything is said and done.

Google translated

Van’t Schip without compatriots Wielaert and Jaliens

May 15, 2015

Coach John van’t Schip will be in the new season in Melbourne City have no compatriots in his selection. Robbie Wielaert and Kew Jaliens are two of the five players with whom the Australian club stops. The two 36-year-old defenders will basically end their careers.

“We now have the opportunity to fill the selection of young players,” explains Van’t Schip to Voetbal International. ‘Kew was hired in February because of the high number of injuries in Melbourne. He has done well, but it was known that he would continue in the short term. And Robbie has been around since January no matches after ankle surgery. For him it was his second season in Melbourne. He had the misfortune of being the club in 2013/14 performed poorly and was finished in last place.”

“It is only natural that the club wants to change course,” the coach which also continues its international marquee player Damien Duff sees leaves. “The released position we can fill in with other foreign players. For the new season we are looking for a left-footed central defender and two attackers, one of whom also play on the wing. Or a Dutchman to sit in? We’ll look around, but the main thing is that the player has the desired level.”

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vi.nl%2Fnieuws%2Fvan-t-schip-verder-zonder-landgenoten-wielaert-en-jaliens.htm%3Fchannel%3Dphone

• Like 1

Fuck yeah Maclaren

Fuck yeah Franjic

Velaphi 

Franjic       Chapman     Norbo         Your mum?

Fartaloo

Professor Sex     Not Koren

Sir Novillo          Maccaz          Your sister?

Literally made me LOL!  :lol:

Google translated

May 15, 2015

Coach John van’t Schip will be in the new season in Melbourne City have no compatriots in his selection. Robbie Wielaert and Kew Jaliens are two of the five players with whom the Australian club stops. The two 36-year-old defenders will basically end their careers.

“We now have the opportunity to fill the selection of young players,” explains Van’t Schip to Voetbal International. ‘Kew was hired in February because of the high number of injuries in Melbourne. He has done well, but it was known that he would continue in the short term. And Robbie has been around since January no matches after ankle surgery. For him it was his second season in Melbourne. He had the misfortune of being the club in 2013/14 performed poorly and was finished in last place.”

“It is only natural that the club wants to change course,” the coach which also continues its international marquee player Damien Duff sees leaves. “The released position we can fill in with other foreign players. For the new season we are looking for a left-footed central defender and two attackers, one of whom also play on the wing. Or a Dutchman to sit in? We’ll look around, but the main thing is that the player has the desired level.”

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vi.nl%2Fnieuws%2Fvan-t-schip-verder-zonder-landgenoten-wielaert-en-jaliens.htm%3Fchannel%3Dphone

Good post to bring up your 3000th post Murph :clap:

Google translated

May 15, 2015

3000 posts murf. Time to go outside for 5 mins

Agree about Juric. Seems a bit precious, but reckon at his age that he has a lot of upside. Is skilful and if switched on, will cause plenty of problems for opposition defences...

And hey, it's not like we'll be able to sign Aguero or the like for our striker next season, so Juric could really work for us.

Disagree about Ruka though. Like others here, I saw a few of his games and couldn't believe the basic skill errors he made. His speed covered his skill deficiencies which made him look electric, but basically to my eye, he was crap.

Jermaine Beckford is now a free agent, always been a striker who can find the back of the net and has the size and nous to do well in the A-League. Would definitely take if we could get him inside the cap. 

He'll probs got signed by preston if they get promoted

Our Visa players need to be first choice in the starting eleven as well as the 2 marquee players so our line up should include Koren as a No10. and Kennedy as the number 9. Novillo on the wing and if we keep Germano then he should be our defensive mid. If our current internationals / Marquee player is not a 100% first choice then they need to be moved on..

Case Study:

Victory, Sydney, and Adelaide all have there 5 visa players as well as there Aussie Marquee in there starting 11, not on the bench, not injured, and not as back up to another player..

We need to change our whole mentality and approach to signing Visa/Marquee players.. If we get it wrong again, we can wright off another season before it's begun...

The decision is quite simple ..if Kennedy is our Striker, then why would we think about getting Juric, Buult, or even Jamie Mc. If they are bought to the club to play as back up to Kennedy then great but! I wouldn't be paying then top dollar for that.

Koren is our International Marquee and his position is attacking mid.. so that means Mooy will need to play in a different role, Melling would be the back up for our Midfield and the question then becomes, what is Murdoccas role...

If we keep Germano, his position clearly is in midfield and more defensive in my opinion, but we have Paarteluu, and Mooy who can play there we also have Melling on the bench and Maulk as part of the midfield depth.. So my question is, Is Germano a better player than Paarteluu? Does he perform better and is he 100% first choice.. ?? For me the answer is NO? There for he needs to be released which would then free up another Visa Spot..

An A-league starting 11 side should only have 5 positions allocated to no Visa or Marquee players.. The top for teams in the regular season all have this..

For us at the moment we have

Novillo

Koren. My theory is that these players should be first choice in there respective positions..

Germano

Kennedy

If there not first choice or in our best 11 to win the league then they need to be released .. It's simple mathematics

The decision is quite simple ..if Kennedy is our Striker, then why would we think about getting Juric, Buult, or even Jamie Mc. If they are bought to the club to play as back up to Kennedy then great but! I wouldn't be paying then top dollar for that.

Koren is our International Marquee and his position is attacking mid.. so that means Mooy will need to play in a different role, Melling would be the back up for our Midfield and the question then becomes, what is Murdoccas role...

If we keep Germano, his position clearly is in midfield and more defensive in my opinion, but we have Paarteluu, and Mooy who can play there we also have Melling on the bench and Maulk as part of the midfield depth.. So my question is, Is Germano a better player than Paarteluu? Does he perform better and is he 100% first choice.. ?? For me the answer is NO? There for he needs to be released which would then free up another Visa Spot..

An A-league starting 11 side should only have 5 positions allocated to no Visa or Marquee players.. The top for teams in the regular season all have this..

Novillo

Koren. My theory is that these players should be first choice in there respective positions..

Germano

Kennedy

If there not first choice or in our best 11 to win the league then they need to be released .. It's simple mathematics

I thought Maclaren could play wide as well? at worst he'd keep Kennedy ob his toes and maybe even replace him 

Novillo

Germano

Kennedy

I agree with you. Generally visa players are more expensive and as are the marquees. If they are not automatic selections on form alone they should be moved on. So right now of the players you mentioned only Novillo qualifies as an automatic selection in my starting XI. Koren and Kennedy do not. And in Germano I am torn because when he is fit and available I do feel that he merits selection in the starting XI but over the last three season that has seldom been the case. Koren complained that he is not being played as a No. 10 but when the opportunity has arisen, he goes missing. Kennedy has shown the occasional flashes of form but I would still go after Maclaren because I don't feel confident that Kennedy will perform for 90 minutes every match; and Marino needs more time. If Kennedy retires then we have an immediate replacement with an understudy.

As for Murdocca, Mauk - well this comes to one of my whinges from early on the season: the complete lack of balance in the team.

• Like 1

As I said in the Season 2015/16 thread, even though ideally all marquees and Visa players should start every match, there can (indeed should) be 1 or maybe 2 exceptions. 

Melbourne City needs more than 11 players good enough to start. The team should have at least 12, if not 13 or 14, players who are good enough to start in an A-League side.

Look at archie Thompson at victory, or Shane Smeltz at Sydney FC or Maclaren at Perth Glory. They are all good enough to start and do well in the A-League, but they normally can't even get into their own team's starting XI (and unsurprisingly all of those players have complained publicly about their lack of starts this season).

That's a problem (too much talent for the XI) that Melbourne City needs to get. So IMO the club has to go after a player like Maclaren even if Kennedy will normally start. The thing is an achie Thompson or a Smeltz or a Maclaren can't be paid too much, so I agree that these players shouldn't be paid "top dollar". And that's where the club needs to recruit smartly, and pick up a player or two who is "a steal". 

I agree though that the international marquee has to start. The club can't afford for our equivalent of Berisha or Janko to start on the bench. This is all why the Koren situation is pretty depressing, and why it would be best for all parties if he was moved on (or at very least moved inside the cap).

So all up the club not only needs to get all its Visa signings 'right', but it also has to sign more talented players than it can fit in the starting XI, to keep up with the competition like melbourne victory, Adelaide United and Sydney FC.

Edited by Murfy1

scott sinclair for marquee anyone? 

turned 26 in march, still owned by man city

on loan at villa now and hardly getting game time

chose money over career when he left swansea for city so why not come here for cash

I'm fairly confident we (Aston villa) will sign him permanently, he said himself he wants to and he was in great form for us not too long ago but now is on the bench because Jack Grealish has been dominating

• jw1739 pinned this topic