Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

anyone else think the thing about contracts being put on hold until seasons end has to do with JVS' job on the line? Could be that CFG have instructed the club to put off signing anyone so that when a new coach comes in he has something to work with in regards to salary cap

pretty much yeah 

There's always Miguel Palanca, who played a few games for Barcelona.

Hasn't yet been signed for next season by Adelaide United.

His touch and finish for a goal last round was way out of our class with the likes of the butchering we usually see from Williams and company. 

His touch and finish for a goal last round was way out of our class with the likes of the butchering we usually see from Williams and company. 

few games for real madrid

he's crap and that was his first goal, adelaide are idiots for bringing him in for ferreira

few games for real madrid

he's crap and that was his first goal, adelaide are idiots for bringing him in for ferreira

Just to add to our misery: Palanca has failed in every game but against City. We are in danger of playing mediocre players into form.

2014-15

• Carrusca -29
  • Broich - 29
  • Berisha – 26
  • Koren - 34
  • Mainkovic - 28
  • Janko – 30

2013-14

• Engelaar – 33
  • Contreras – 35
  • Heskey – 34
  • Gallas – 36
  • Ono – 32
  • Del Piero - 37

These are the ages of designated marquee players and the age they were when they first came to the A-League. For my money, the ones who were younger when they came to Australia were the best, regardless of the pedigree they had behind them.

• Like 1

2014-15

• Carrusca -29
  • Broich - 29
  • Berisha – 26
  • Koren - 34
  • Mainkovic - 28
  • Janko – 30

2013-14

• Engelaar – 33
  • Contreras – 35
  • Heskey – 34
  • Gallas – 36
  • Ono – 32
  • Del Piero - 37

These are the ages of designated marquee players and the age they were when they first came to the A-League. For my money, the ones who were younger when they came to Australia were the best, regardless of the pedigree they had behind them.

Smart teams are realising that recruiting players of a decent age will generally bring the results. Hopefully our side goes down this path over the off-season.

2014-15

• Carrusca -29
  • Broich - 29
  • Berisha – 26
  • Koren - 34
  • Mainkovic - 28
  • Janko – 30

2013-14

• Engelaar – 33
  • Contreras – 35
  • Heskey – 34
  • Gallas – 36
  • Ono – 32
  • Del Piero - 37

Smart teams are realising that recruiting players of a decent age will generally bring the results. Hopefully our side goes down this path over the off-season.

not marketable enough. 

2014-15

• Carrusca -29
  • Broich - 29
  • Berisha – 26
  • Koren - 34
  • Mainkovic - 28
  • Janko – 30

2013-14

• Engelaar – 33
  • Contreras – 35
  • Heskey – 34
  • Gallas – 36
  • Ono – 32
  • Del Piero - 37

orlando >

• Like 1

2014-15

• Carrusca -29
  • Broich - 29
  • Berisha – 26
  • Koren - 34
  • Mainkovic - 28
  • Janko – 30

2013-14

• Engelaar – 33
  • Contreras – 35
  • Heskey – 34
  • Gallas – 36
  • Ono – 32
  • Del Piero - 37

Need a younger marquee who can be at the club for a while because Koren is 34 and like Victory they have Berisha who was 26 and will be at the club for many years.

Its been a dull season TBH.  No-name marquees has sent the league backwards this year.  Some of the TV ratings are embarrassing. 

I know it doesn't belong in this thread but the league needs at least 1-2 new clubs to spice up the interest again, a 10-team league without starpower isn't the most attractive proposition for the mutual fan.

Throw the house at Vukovic and MacLaren. No way Victory would be able to get them under the cap, given that they will probably have to release some players to fit Kalfalah under.

Then, get rid of the players left over from the heart days like hoff, ramsay, duga and Redmayne and I don't think any of the visa players (bar Novillo) will survive. 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

Next season, for the first time ever, we have to get the visa players right.

A marquee who is one of the best (if not the best) players in the league & at least 3 players who would be walk up starters at any club. The 5th spot could go to a development position.

I still hold hope that the CFG after the take over said to all the staff and players, we are going to give you a season to prove you are up to it, and if not changes will be made.  I think either SIlva10 of Falastur said a similar thing happened at Man City when they bought them.,

Edited by Dylan

2014-15

• Carrusca -29
  • Broich - 29
  • Berisha – 26
  • Koren - 34
  • Mainkovic - 28
  • Janko – 30

2013-14

• Engelaar – 33
  • Contreras – 35
  • Heskey – 34
  • Gallas – 36
  • Ono – 32
  • Del Piero - 37

Need a younger marquee who can be at the club for a while because Koren is 34 and like Victory they have Berisha who was 26 and will be at the club for many years.

Isnt Berisha 29? 

Yes

Tomykins meant he was 26 when he first came here (because that suited his argument ). The next poster just got confused.

We all want great players in their mid 20s who are willing to come to Australia and play under a salary cap. They do exist, but they are nestled in a hell of a lot of frogs.

• Like 1

Ivan Franjic officially a free agent. 

I think we will go for him. I'm fairly sure that the club was ready to announce his signature back in January when sponsors were advised that there was to be "one more signing", but Torpedo reneged on a loan deal.

• Like 1

Get rid of Kennedy as Aus Marquee.

Then either Galekovic, Franjic or Burns should be heavily chased.

Ryan McGowan could also be another option at right back. 

Aaron Mooy is the man we need as our Australian marquee. He's the best player we have. Consistently voted MOTM. Even our leading goalscorer with seven - including three penalties and three direct free-kicks.

anybody want this cunt

Georgievski tells #SST that he hasn't really spoken to @gomvfc about his future, but he would like to remain in the @ALeague either way.

no, he is on way too much money at MV and i actually don't think he's that good. Franjic over him, and if that's not possible i'd look at signing Risdon who apparently wants to leave Perth. Big no to wilkshere as well who has attitude issues which is the main reason he was pushed out of the socceroos squad, and we really don't need someone like that at the club when we clearly need to start changing the culture

Who plays left back next season? Still think Ben Garuccio is better as a left winger

Surely no one that we have currently signed.

Jack Clisby is OK. 

We need players in nearly all positions if we are to be competitive. In many cases as first choice, and in others as a good reserve.

I don't think supporters are being too demanding. Not at all. No point in being a season-ticket holder and having "priority access" for finals tickets if we never get a home final.

Top four finish please, and no more matches where "we didn't turn up."

• jw1739 pinned this topic