Melbourne Football

Players we need to replace ...

Parrot

After yet another loss, here is a list of yesterday's players who have had enough time to "prove" themselves with us or other A League teams who we need to replace with better quality players imo.

Andrew Redmayne
Robbie Wielart
Iain Ramsay

James Brown
David Williams
Jason Hoffman
Tando Velaphi
Mate Dugandzic
Liam Miller

Mate should not be there.

Mate Dugandzic was borderline. Maybe with better quality players around him he'd also do better.

So you agree about the other eight though!

Yep.

I've seen a real change in Mate's attitude this year.  I think he knows its make or break this season.  

Loved him burning off Pedj Bojic, who is supposed to be a fitness guru.

I know there was thread about players coming out contract at season's end but I can't find it. From recollection:

Velaphi

Ramsay

Wieleart

Kirsnorbo

Germano (?)

Duff

Murdocca

Kalmar (already being shown where the door is)

Miller (until the Asian Cup)

Mate Dugandzic

So there are three visa players that should not be at the club next season (Duff should be but he has repeatedly stated that he is in Oz for one season). Given that Next season the FFA has reduced the number of visa players down to four that would leave only Koren as the carry over visa player for next season. What should the fans demand of visa players re age, injury history, position etc?

BTW if I have the list incorrect please add/delete as required. Also for those that follow the NYL do we have players there that look promising.

1. Get rid of JVS

2. Get rid of JD

3. Appoint new people to these positions

4. Let them decide

but, we are doing this just for entertainment, so imo :

Ramsey

Weilart

Redmayne

Wholesale changes aren't necessary, fix those 3 weaknesses first and I reckon the squad is more than good enough to win the league (without JVS).

Then, we can look at fixing other positions in the future, I assume if we are playing well than hoffman will probably come under scrutiny, as he is basically consistently average (right now consistently average = he is one of our bet players, but if we are doing well it will mean he is probably the weakest first 11 player), but I'd keep him in the squad TBH and just look for a new first 11 RB because he is a good utility to have.

• Like 2

Ramsey (not good enough at lb, ok as a squad player at LW but we have more than enough cover there)

Wielaert (Massive disappointment for me. He was a classy player in his day, time has gotten the better of him though, never had much pace but he's lost even that now which makes it difficult when you are trying to cover Ramsey's sporadic attempts at defensive positioning. Passing game used to be his main strength but that seems to have deserted him as well now.)

Retre (Does not look even close to the required standard, at 21(?) I can't see there being a large amount of improvement in his game)

Velaphi/Redmayne (Depends on wages etc. either way we need a reliable number one so one of these guys have to go)

Kalmar- (needs to go to Malaysia or Thailand where he would kill it with the acres of space provided between the lines, far too slow for this league)

The rest of the squad is ok and in a lot better shape than last year. Fix our defensive line and we will be title contenders. We have scored in every game this year. Take away the ridiculous goals we concede and we are near the front end of the league. Not saying our attacking play is amazing but it is to league standard, we are always creating enough chances to win games bar maybe last week but you'll never be at the business end when you concede 2+ Almost every week.

• Like 2

Two Super Dave shots fly into tier 5

into tier 5, into tier 5...

Guess who's back....back again

Apathy....tell a friend

Guess who's back....

You've created a monster 'cause nobody wants to see City no more they want Villa with sangria

Well since he's in New York this is what I'll give ya

A little Jason Hoff stirred with some cough mixture

A goalkeeper that'll be off his line quick to miss a cross my nan could've reached with her bad hip

Rob dub who tries hard in defence but moves slower than clive palmer scaling a fence

A visionary -Our gaffer is scary, lefties on the right and vice versa just spare me a rebel -Liam Miller ex roar coach killer signed to be some sort of sellys no more gaps filler

Captain Patrick, man you're getting your arse kicked, almost as bad as that little Iain Ramsay bastard and Willo-

you've got less respect than Waingro gilt edged chances every week on trees do not grow

You're not ruthless your skinfolds blew out it's over

Tard fans listen to techno at costco

Just gimme the signal I'm at aami every week after having a skinful

Eventful but so bleak ever since Archie beat his wife into next week

So the C.F.G won't let me see the team play in red why'd they survey me?

'Cause I just want M-H-F-C, to be shown some resp E-C-T 

Well heyyyyy here's a concept that works

Get these fucking lazy suits to release some merch and Van't Shit start number 25 for me

as he's the only one with any C-U-N-T

wow

Apathy....tell a friend

Guess who's back....

You've created a monster 'cause nobody wants to see City no more they want Villa with sangria

A goalkeeper that'll be off his line quick to miss a cross my nan could've reached with her bad hip

Rob dub who tries hard in defence but moves slower than clive palmer scaling a fence

A visionary -Our gaffer is scary, lefties on the right and vice versa just spare me a rebel -Liam Miller ex roar coach killer signed to be some sort of sellys no more gaps filler

Captain Patrick, man you're getting your arse kicked, almost as bad as that little Iain Ramsay bastard and Willo-

you've got less respect than Waingro gilt edged chances every week on trees do not grow

Get these fucking lazy suits to release some merch and Van't Shit start number 25 for me

Actually I'm quite impressed

In order of priority, we need:1. Left back2. Keeper3. Centre back4. Winger

Winger?

yep, duff and duga are our only wide midfielders in our whole squad, and duffs contract expires at the end of the year. We need depth and someone to make duga earn his spot in the starting 11

Garuccio, Ramsay (when played in position), Brown and Williams can all play wing if needed. 

We don't really need any wingers for now though as Duff and Dugandzic have been fine.

In order of priority, we need:1. Left back2. Keeper3. Centre back4. Winger

Winger?

yep, duff and duga are our only wide midfielders in our whole squad, and duffs contract expires at the end of the year. We need depth and someone to make duga earn his spot in the starting 11

Garuccio, Ramsay (when played in position), Brown and Williams can all play wing if needed. 

We don't really need any wingers for now though as Duff and Dugandzic have been fine. although them players are able to play wing, they can't. Williams is needed as striker as is Ramsey at left back. Brown is not at all a winger, he's best position is CAM

Apathy....tell a friend

Guess who's back....

How many impy pints to create this masterpiece?

Only players whose contracts finish at the conclusion of the 2014/15 season can be replaced unless a mutual release can be arranged.

Out of the current list (excluding injury replacement and guest players) the following come out of contract at the end of 2014/15:

Redmayne,

Velaphi,

Kisnorbo,

Wielaert (v),

Ramsay,

Murdocca,

Kalmar,

Retre,

Germano (v),

Dugandzic,

Duff (v).

So that's the starting point for this discussion.

Would resign one of redmayne/ Velaphi, if they were prepared to take the minimum wage.

And then Kisnorbo, Dugandzic and Duff. That's it.

I think Wielaart, Ramsey and murdocca should clear a bit of salary cap space but we are going to need a lot of kids and/or base wage players.

The salary cap is very prohibitive for bringing players in in every position so before everyone says cut them all and then next season is whinging that we haven't picked up any quality, wake up and realise that putting an a league list together is exceptionally difficult.

Here is a list of Aussie players in the A-League coming out of contract at seasons end. Who do you guys think we should chase?

Goalkeepers:

Paul Izzo, Matthew Nash, Nathan Coe, Lawrence Thomas, Mark Birighitti, Ben Kennedy, John Solari, Jack Duncan, Ivan Necevski, Ante Covic 

Defenders:

Right Backs:Michael Marrone, Hayden Morton,  Jacob Poscoliero,  Jason Geria, Sam Gallagher, Sam Gallaway, Matthew Davies, Pedj Bojic, Rhyan Grant, Seb Ryall

Centre Backs:Nigel Boogaard,  Jordan Elsey,Corey Brown, Matt Smith, Zach Anderson, Eddie Bosnar, Brett Griffiths, Adrian Madaschi, Matthew Jurman, Sasa Ognenovski, Andrew Durante, Anthony Golec, Brendan Hamill

Left Backs: Cassio (Aussie naturalized), Corey Brown, Shane Stefanutto, Michael Neil, Josh Rose, Daniel Georgievski, Scott Jamieson, Riley Woodcock,  Josh Brindell-South

Midfielders:

Defensive Midfielders: Cameron Watson, Jesse Curran, John Hutchinson (Aussie naturalized),Rashid Mahazi, Mark Milligan, Zenon Caravella, Allan Welsh, Rostyn Griffiths, Brandon O'Neill, Hagi Gligor, Peter Triantis 

Attacking Midfielders: George Lambadaridis, Ben Liftin, Matt McKay, Isaka Cernak, Jordan Brown, Billy Celeski, Mitch Cooper, Glen Trifiro, Cameron Edwards, Mitch Nichols (technically on loan from Cerezo Osaka but his contract ends there as well), Nick Carle, Yianni Perkatis, Jason Trifiro

Wingers:

Right Wingers: Fabio Ferreira (Aussie naturalized), Nick Fitzgerald, Andrew Nabbout, Connor Pain, James Virgili, Kwabena Appiah, Nikita Rukavytysa

Left Wingers: Matt Sim

Forwards:

Strikers: Bruce Djite, Matt Simon, Archie Thompson, Joel Griffiths, Kofi Danning, Harry O'Brien, Jamie Maclaren, Corey Gamiero, Shane Smeltz, Tomi Juric 

Well as far as goalkeepers are concerned: Mark Birighitti and Ante Covic are potential candidates.

RB: Marrone and Gallaway

LB: none of them inspire but perhaps Josh Rose

CB: Andrew Durante, Hamill

DM: Milligan and maybe Gligor but we have Paartalau so not really necessary

Strikers:Tomi Juric. Gameiro (maybe now that he has done his ACL not so sure), Bruce Djite

For me I would go hard for Djite and Juric. If we were to get BOTH that would change the entire balance and make up of the squad. No comparison with Kennedy and Williams. Don't get me wrong I rate Kennedy but my fear is that it mirrors the Grella scenario not 20mins or whatever if was but if he plays more than 10 games I'll be astonished.

At the other end Covic on a one year deal might be okay but long term I think a quality keeper is a must.