Melbourne Football

RD 4 City V Adelaide 7:30pm Friday 31st October.

Dylan

Heard rumours of a good cheap curry place near the imp last Saturday night. Where does one locate said venue? Got my younger brother over from Perth who hates football but loves curry, seems a fair trade off to someone who loves both activities in quick succession to one another.

Heard rumours of a good cheap curry place near the imp last Saturday night. Where does one locate said venue? Got my younger brother over from Perth who hates football but loves curry, seems a fair trade off to someone who loves both activities in quick succession to one another.

http://www.redpepperindianrestaurant.com

• Like 2

Surely we would drag 13k. 10000 paid up members plus those who want to see Villas last game in Oz. Last weeks nightmare may ruin that, but I hope we don't have consecutive disasters.

Then again its Halloween "nightmare on swan St. part 2"

City fans will watch on SBS

10k max

Surely we would drag 13k. 10000 paid up members plus those who want to see Villas last game in Oz. Last weeks nightmare may ruin that, but I hope we don't have consecutive disasters.

Then again its Halloween "nightmare on swan St. part 2"

City fans will watch on SBS

10k max

Agreed.

no banner crap directed towards the CFG unless its positive!

Out of interest, what would you call positive?

"CFG, please allow us to collectively suck your giant, rich and generous dick."

i'm picturing a sky blue phallus gushing oil

possibly the sheikh giving iain ramsey a reacharound

Edited by hyperfuzz
  • Like 2

no banner crap directed towards the CFG unless its positive!

Out of interest, what would you call positive?

"CFG, please allow us to collectively suck your giant, rich and generous dick."

i'm picturing a sky blue phallus gushing oil

possibly the sheikh giving iain ramsey a reacharound

lol, is it bad that I actually want the first one to be made?

Iain Ramsay has done nothing to deserve a reacharound, even from our overlord

I hope there is a banner that tells the new owners that we are a serious club with serious long suffering supporters and members and we will not accept the rubbish seen on Darby day.

In previous seasons the Yarraside took to long to show our frustration ...

We will be lucky to get anything from this game.. If Adelaide come to win.

I'm expecting a serious shake up to our starting 11... A message needs to be sent to the playing group...

Adelaide to win 4-0.

New supporters upset about the 10 game Villa stint which they signed on for desert in droves. Only the rusted on Heart supporters to remain insisting that the "away" colours are brought back.

CFG to go back to England and sell to someone prepared to invest in our club with our own identity.

Hoping for a positive result.

I would like to see Archibald, Mauk and Garuccio start.

The side needs freshening up

Velaphi

Hoffman, Archibald, Kisnorbo, Garuccio

Murdocca,

Mauk, Mooy

Duff, Villa , Ramsey

I would play Ramsey because he has pace and is left footed. May just give the balance that is required.

From what I have seen of Paartalu he is struggling with the pace of the game. So I would start him on the bench.

Can't we recycle a banner used last season, but add the word "Still"?

i.e. "We still won't accept mediocrity!"

But the problem wasn't mediocrity last Saturday!

If it was we would have gone on to draw I'd say.  We were appalling.  Outnumbered in the streets and the stands we go the derby games knowing in our Hearts we have a good side, that tries to play good football and will not back down in these big games.  To have to site there and watch that was just not on.

Quite simply there needs to be more heart in the city 

Can't we recycle a banner used last season, but add the word "Still"?

i.e. "We still won't accept mediocrity!"

But the problem wasn't mediocrity last Saturday!

If it was we would have gone on to draw I'd say.  We were appalling.  Outnumbered in the streets and the stands we go the derby games knowing in our Hearts we have a good side, that tries to play good football and will not back down in these big games.  To have to site there and watch that was just not on.

Quite simply there needs to be more heart in the city 

:clap:

This team needs to pace itself. We can't afford to play the first half hour of the game at 110% and then play at 50% for the rest of the game, it simply won't work against any team, let alone an in-form Adelaide. If we can play at a high level and consistent pace during the game, I think we can pull the upset this week.

We need to clean up some defensive issues also. Some of the goals we have given up this season has simply been sloppy, poor defending (Berisha's goal to open the second half) and brain-fades (the penalty.) Can't get caught out on the counter-attack also.

And finally, while we may control possession (51% possession in round 1, 62% possession in round 2, 45% possession in round 3 (although would like to see the first half possession count)), we simply aren't making that possession count. As crazy as this may sound, this team sometimes is too un-selfish. Sometimes, instead of making an extra pass, we need to have a crack. Plus, we don't always have to score from that shot. It can always lead to a corner, defection, rebound to one of our other players etc etc.

Posession game plan works if you have the cattle with high technical ability who know how to move the ball quickly forward not sideways or worse backwards, loosing momentum.

Physical ability to do it for 90min is just too hard, unless you have a couple of goals advantage and can then park the bus

Look at Arnold who defeated roar 2:0 with 30% possession.

A league level and possession without penetration is useless.

That is true and I agree but when we do attack and penetrate, we haven't looked like scoring, due to too much passing, poor passing and some poor decision making. Of course we have seen some great attacks, but not enough, with the talent this team has.

To me, it has looked like for the beginning of the season, we get enough of the ball to do damage, but we waste it a lot of the time

I disagree on a small point, it isn't so much that we waste possession, it's that we waste most of the limited opportunities that come with our possession. I agree man. We don't look threatening in front of goal do we

As far as pressing goes, you don't need to press constantly, you can press in a way that directs opposition play, you might stand off to lure opposition to pass to a weak link/ area before pressing to force an error.

Posession means bugger all unless it's effective, otherwise you're just playing keeping offs.

Ramsey needs to be replaced altogether. Hopefully David Williams will be available and he can replace Mate who is off to the bench. Bring back Archibald. maybe start Melling. Don't know what to do with Brown,

It infuriates me that there is nothing definite about Mauk, Williams, Germano and Garuccio. Cause they certainly would be in the line up, if not in the starting 11.

I am tipping a draw.

Ramsey needs to be replaced altogether. Hopefully David Williams will be available and he can replace Mate who is off to the bench. Bring back Archibald. maybe start Melling. Don't know what to do with Brown,

It infuriates me that there is nothing definite about Mauk, Williams, Germano and Garuccio. Cause they certainly would be in the line up, if not in the starting 11.

I am tipping a draw.

I reckon Germano will play LB this week.

I hope there is a banner that tells the new owners that we are a serious club with serious long suffering supporters and members and we will not accept the rubbish seen on Darby day.

Mate, these owners clearly don't give 2 fucks about the 'long suffering supporters'

OMG Attack11 is Mate Dugandzic?!?!?!?