Melbourne Football

RD 4 City V Adelaide 7:30pm Friday 31st October.

Dylan

Look guys, I had work all day and only got back at 9.30 so I got my mum to tape the game and whilst taking my routine pre-game shit, I accidentally scrolled down my newsfeed and ruined the result. 

...BEST FUCK-UP EVER, so glad I didn't have to watch this club fuck me over yet again. Fold the club, sack JVS and bring on the AFL season  :up:

• Like 1

Same old same old.

Can't play out through a press

can't defend.

can't score.

By next game all our goal scorers will be in the worst defence in the league, our contracted forwards have scored nothing between them.

4 HAL games - 3 penalties conceded

1 FFA game - 2 penalties conceded.

If we back pass any more because there are no forward pass options I'll just explode.

Dugandzic, Hoffman, Ramsay, Redmayne are just liabilities, they may as well just put on jerseys for the other club.

Kisnorbo's ball distribution is terrible, AU made sure to press Weilart all night so that the ball was played through Kisnorbo.

The gap between us and the teams that we have played is as large as ever, even Jets.

I didn't turn up expecting a win, I left surprised that we scored 1 more goal than I expected.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Absolutely gutted about tonight. Can't remember the last time I walked away from AAMI Park in a happy/positive frame of mind.

We all know the drill; goal from set piece, Hoffman shit, Murdocca shit, Germano injured, team missing passes to Villa, defence too slow, LB position vacant, Dugandzic AWOL, Redmayne average, go to pieces when opponents score etc.

But tonight's loss just goes further. Further than any of the others (and I was there for every match last season).

CFG gave us hope. That pisses me off the most because, clearly, we are the same mediocre fucking football team. 

When are we actually going to start winning matches of football? We can't do it with one of the best forwards in the world. How will we go without him?

Edited by Harrison

I have never understood masochism (nor for that matter sadism) but what is even more perplexing is why I keep going into every match optimistic only to be shown how poor the team is. About 10 minutes prior to the game commencing I see three blokes, in suits, strolling through the field - immediately recognised Kalmar and then realised that the other two are Ramsay and Brown. At last I thought to myself poor performance is allowing others to come into the side. Noticed that Germano was in the starting line up and a smile crosses my face but there is always that tinge of concern. Sadly at the 20 minute mark his career came to an end.

Those first 20 minutes were good - the kids enjoyed it as did my mate who has come along to watch Villa. Just minutes before the equaliser is scored I noted that the team is beginning to wilt - then they score. The second half was not as exciting as the first but at least the team is not conceding. Then Redders stuffs up. Makes me wonder what does Tando have to do to be given an opportunity but seriously how long can his goalkeeping be tolerated without consequences.

Had high hopes for Garrucio but I now dread that he is going to be hot and cold. In contrast AU seem to find quality youth players and develop them, Mabil and his replacement had a field day. It remains early days in Garrucio's career but it could also be a very short career.

The club needs to make some arrangement with Germano to end his career now. Then with two visa spots we need to find some experienced LB and RB. Drop Hoffman and bring back Archibald. I rather lose with Garrucio and Archibald rather than keep tolerating Ramsay and Hoffman.

• Like 3

Redmayne is an easy target...I don't think he did much wrong tonight. He guessed right with the penalty, it was just perfectly taken. And if you give Djite a ball that good and in that sort of space, what is the goalkeeper expected to do? Don't get me wrong, it would be great if just once, a team failed to convert a penalty against us, but there's a few others that deserve more criticism than Redmayne from tonight.

• Like 1