Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

Suddenly he decides to drop two senior players for a cup semi-final after blabbing on about how important it was for us to win trophies? The club captain and and the player he himself signed to a four-year contract because he "is thinking longer-term"? And another two senior players develop mysterious calf injuries that no-one saw them sustain? Nah, don't believe a word of it. Smacks to me of the Colosimo situation all over again.

So he has alienated two of his leadership group, Mooy played poorly, we got hammered, the youth will only come out with less confidence, HE OPENLY CRITICISES PLAYERS IN THE MEDIA WHEN IT SHOULD REMAIN INSIDE THE DRESSING ROOM and he has the hide to suggest it's everyone else's fault but his.

I sincerely hope he benches or better still drops both of them again. Firstly because players don't react well to poor management threats and secondly it will just precipitate a quicker demise for JVS.

Suggest JVS enrols at Latrobe once he's sacked. Psych 101 and Management Fundamentals 101. I don't think Latrobe runs a course called Coaching for Dummies do they?

Doesn't talk openly about players having a bad game - criticised.

Talks openly about players having a bad game -criticised.

Who'd be a coach.

Has a win % up there with successful coaches- praised

Has a terrible win % and makes idiotic decisions, then tries to make up excuses for them that dont make sense- criticised

• Like 2

What worries me most is his assessment of players. Who would ever think Ramsay is anywhere near A League level? And then try to turn him into a full back? And then play him so often?

Dekker is the new Ramsay, only he is invisible. Gameiro is a fuckin pretender also. God, what I would give for a couple of decent wingers. Williams plays 10 minutes a game, Gameiro and Dekker are virtually useless, Kuzmanovski as dumb as they come. And we have gotten rid of Dugandzic and Ramsay, two who are even worse. Who picks these duds????? and more importantly, why does the Dutch wanker keep playing them? Structure and tactics did us over second half. Just ridiculous. 

• Like 2

What worries me most is his assessment of players. Who would ever think Ramsay is anywhere near A League level? And then try to turn him into a full back? And then play him so often?

Dekker is the new Ramsay, only he is invisible. Gameiro is a fuckin pretender also. God, what I would give for a couple of decent wingers. Williams plays 10 minutes a game, Gameiro and Dekker are virtually useless, Kuzmanovski as dumb as they come. And we have gotten rid of Dugandzic and Ramsay, two who are even worse. Who picks these duds????? and more importantly, why does the Dutch wanker keep playing them? Structure and tactics did us over second half. Just ridiculous. 

youll find that is because our injury is as long as black man's dick, but yeah i get your frustration. Franijc, Hughes and Gameiro bad signings, if you are injured then you should not be signed to a club trying to build a strong reputation.

it's also about personalities. JVS is a bit soft so more comfortable dealing with introverts. Introverts go missing when things get tough. No extroverts in the squad demanding effort and making others walk taller. Kisnorbo is a warrior but more of a "leader by action" rather than putting verbal rockets up people. Fornaroli seems to lift a notch when things get tough, but he is reliant on supply. Which leaves us with either wimps or young kids in midfield other than perhaps Melling who is underdone and was dragged when we needed him most, for another invisible introvert. Precious few fighters which is why these kind of performances are a regular occurrence. 

• Like 1

Why this bloke is still here is beyond me; Obviously the salary cap is why we cant load the squad, but why CFG has not gone out and bought the best coach (and backroom staff) their plentiful money could buy given there are no restrictions in this area doesn't really make sense if they are serious about becoming a 'force in Asia' or whatever the hell it is they want to achieve here.

Haven't seen the game..have recorder it but not yet watched it

It does seem that JVS is living on borrowed time with recent results and the end of last season.

If he is still there in the next game he has got to look at the youngsters, with Melling, Mauk, Garuccio, Marino and Archibald all included in the squad.

They could just help save his job.

Lol, this post is a year old today. I recommend going back to the start of this thread to see some more classic posts. 

How the fuck does this prick still have a job. The team, no matter who is in it, has remained terrible for years. 

I sincerely hope that I don't have to bump this post in a years time upon getting home from another standard JvS performance. 

Unfortunately, the reality is he won't be sacked until we string a few losses together and have all of our squad fit. Although I am convinced that there must be something in how JVS takes training sessions that leads to us always having half our team out

Well, I have a feeling that its going to be either him or the spectators unless things change real quick 

• Like 2

What we really need is a coach that can deliver a rocket! JVS doesn't seem like I coach that just looses his shit when trying to get the team back on track, more likely to give the team a pat on the back whilst saying "you can do better"

I like the style we play but maybe would be more suited to assistant role with a demanding coach that can deliver a message and put the fear of God into the players.

Well, I have a feeling that its going to be either him or the spectators unless things change real quick 

Its going to be the spectators first and then they will sack him unfortunatly. Anyway, its pretty certain he will go this season. I just hope they spend the money to bring in a great manager next time

• Like 1

Don't we have an global director of coaching or something like that? Borrello - is that his name? What's his role wrt Melbourne?

As Step 1 I can't see why we don't stand van 't Schip aside on sick leave, or recall him to Manchester on some pretext or other, and send out someone from Manchester to take over. At least for a while to observe from the inside what the hell is going on, both physically and mentally.

As people are saying it's pretty hard to win matches when a third of the squad is always unavailable injured, including 3 out of your 4 outfield visa players. Not only do we have this monotony of soft tissue injuries but the players are out for so long.

If I wasn't fuming enough last night his post match interview just left me stunned. It was as if he didn't care at all. As Cadete said, when JA couldn't get a win he'd give every excuse and say we were 'unlucky' but at least he showed that he still cared and was desperate to do better. I know that may just be a supporter driven emotive thing but I just can't believe how calm this guy is given his terrible record. 

I'm a big believer in seeing the season as a marathon and that teams have until about mid December to turn things around and still make an impact. I think JVS wopuld be able to get this team right and make playoffs, but long term I can't ever see him winning the league or going into the AFC. It would be nice having some message from CFG on this too, what is expected of our team, where are we at? Is the goal to win the league this season, or is the goal to develop 20 year old kids who can't run out a full 90 minutes? The whole club seems so directionless right now and JVS is the central figure of it all. 

• Like 2