Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

Don't wait for the club to come up with something and then say that the fans didn't have input. Get organized. Register for City Voice and submit what you would like to see, either in description, or diagram, or both.
Any registered member can reply to posts, and "agree" or "disagree."
Club has a commitment on there to reply to posts made on City Voice. So make use of the conduit. 

37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Don't wait for the club to come up with something and then say that the fans didn't have input. Get organized. Register for City Voice and submit what you would like to see, either in description, or diagram, or both.
Any registered member can reply to posts, and "agree" or "disagree."
Club has a commitment on there to reply to posts made on City Voice. So make use of the conduit. 

I already posted that. I think its almost the first post on there haha. Looking at that now id rather white sleeves and white trim (so predominately white) and the heart bigger. ALthough every time I just tried to change the sleeve colour and shoulders to white it went grey. If anyone can help let me know

Home2017.png

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I already posted that. I think its almost the first post on there haha. Looking at that now id rather white sleeves and white trim (so predominately white) and the heart bigger. ALthough every time I just tried to change the sleeve colour and shoulders to white it went grey. If anyone can help let me know

Home2017.png

Needs to be a lighter shade of blue, i think its just as dark as the Vistors but thats me!

another point......#JVSProtest if we dont win our game tonight?

7 minutes ago, elieanid said:

another point......#JVSProtest if we dont win our game tonight?

I don't see a JVS out protest serving any purpose tbh. If you read between the lines a bit it's pretty clear he's on his last legs already. 

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

are you colour blind?

Lol. It's only a bit lighter than Hellas royal blue to be fair to poor elie. 

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Home2017.png

This is fantastic. I personally think the heart would be better on the back below the collar and above the name

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Home2017.png

Yep.

I remember posting about the Malaga kit ages ago. Very similar and a good compromise.

Further to the meeting and Murphy's notes, and noting that the official minutes from the meeting are still to be released, I can add 3 things of interest.

1. SM indicated that there is a desire for the club to be 'City blue' and that Melbourne City FC were the only A-League club that has restrictions on its playing strip (i.e our home strip must be at least 85% white) - he was surprised that Adelaide were allowed to have a Sky blue clash kit and that Sydney were allowed a white away strip.

2. SM indicated that our away strip will change next season, but will remain red & white.  Extent of the changes not yet known.

3. The Melburnians will have a continued presence at the FRG meetings from their leadership group.  The message delivered on behalf of the Melburnians at the meeting was highly impressive and really good to hear and it aligned with being a positive independent group that operated with good intentions with respect to the game and the club, and that they would work with the club / FFA (if the FFA became more open to working with active groups) / the stadium / the police as needed and they would continue to practice a self policing philosophy to try and head off and deal with trouble as it arises.  

Also, it was revealed that Manchester City are looking to change their crest and that their supporters are saying that they want it to be round and more like Melbourne & New York crests

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Home2017.png 

Hope the club see this, and yes, I also support North Melbourne, but that still looks fucking mint. 

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

1. SM indicated that there is a desire for the club to be 'City blue' and that Melbourne City FC were the only A-League club that has restrictions on its playing strip (i.e our home strip must be at least 85% white) - he was surprised that Adelaide were allowed to have a Sky blue clash kit and that Sydney were allowed a white away strip.

Also, it was revealed that Manchester City are looking to change their crest and that their supporters are saying that they want it to be round and more like Melbourne & New York crests

Very happy we're restricted from having more sky blue, nice work FFA/Sydney FC. (Lol at the sadness about Adelaide, clearly there's a difference between two clubs in a 10 team comp wearing sky blue home kits vs one club sometimes having a sky blue clash kit when their colours don't clash with Sydney's... I mean come on.)

Interesting about the crest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

Very happy we're restricted from having more sky blue, nice work FFA/Sydney FC. (Lol at the sadness about Adelaide, clearly there's a difference between two clubs in a 10 team comp wearing sky blue home kits vs one club sometimes having a sky blue clash kit when their colours don't clash with Sydney's... I mean come on.)

Interesting about the crest.

You know eventually that will change

On Thu Nov 26 05:14:38, Dylan said:

Was listening to the fox sports podcast. Apparently we have the lowest crowds in the league now. Which makes sense

With Melbourne and Manchester being the two sides with history why can't we come up with a strip that both can wear but still resonates with the individual histories? Love the idea of a big red heart differentiating our strip.

39 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Opr8Wj0.jpg?1

White sleeves

It's very good. But will it meet the requirement of "home strip must be at least 85% white"? Does that mean the home strip in total (jersey, shorts, socks) or the jersey alone?

I agree that the concept must be to create a kit that will be uniquely Melbourne City, and, although our history may be short, to remember our heritage. It's a great opportunity for the club really.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Thanks, great news as the present arrangements really suck. Most of all I hate being surrounded by smug visitor bogans at our own home derby

One suggestion put to the club was that as part of signing on for a general admission (unreserved seat) membership, you would pick or be allocated a reserve seat for the home derby / derbies through the club, and then your derby seating allocation would be printed on your membership card.

Then ticketek would be taken out of the equation and you could just rock up to derbies and have your seat through your membership card.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

One suggestion put to the club was that as part of signing on for a general admission (unreserved seat) membership, you would pick or be allocated a reserve seat for the home derby / derbies through the club, and then your derby seating allocation would be printed on your membership card.

Then ticketek would be taken out of the equation and you could just rock up to derbies and have your seat through your membership card.

Perfect solution.

Might I also suggest, TA, for a future meeting, that the club could do more to get City members together at away derbies? We allocate the whole of the North End to Victory supporters at AAMI, but the deal is not reciprocated. We would go to the Etihad derbies if I knew that my wife and I would with the other City supporters rather than isolated in the middle of a horde of Victory bogans.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It's very good. But will it meet the requirement of "home strip must be at least 85% white"? Does that mean the home strip in total (jersey, shorts, socks) or the jersey alone?

I agree that the concept must be to create a kit that will be uniquely Melbourne City, and, although our history may be short, to remember our heritage. It's a great opportunity for the club really.

I reckon the collar should be red too, if the back is made completely white with blue numbers, and the shorts being all white too, surely that will be at least 85% white

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Perfect solution.

Might I also suggest, TA, for a future meeting, that the club could do more to get City members together at away derbies? We allocate the whole of the North End to Victory supporters at AAMI, but the deal is not reciprocated. We would go to the Etihad derbies if I knew that my wife and I would with the other City supporters rather than isolated in the middle of a horde of Victory bogans.

Although it isn't a completely adequate solution and action from the club is still required it's worth noting that Melburnians actively try and address this issue by encouraging City fans with a general admission ticket to all sit together directly above the active bay. I sat in this area last derby and around me there was significantly more City fans than Victory.

Perhaps that could suffice for you and your wife if you decide on attending future away derbies. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic