Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

Cost of tickets are too high and must be affecting attendances. Please report back that I can't even give away free admission to my friends (by using unused season tickets) - City home games are clearly well understood to be an exercise in frustration and not entertaining for anyone that I've tried to entice along.

• Like 3

I'd also add in the ongoing unsatisfactory ticketing arrangements for the derby. 5+ year season ticket holders and we get the option of crap GA tickets with a poor view and undoubtedly surrounded by bogan gloating visitors supporters. The franchise really has to come up with a better arrangement that gives us the best seats and keeps all the visitors bogans down one end. I look forward to the day when Melbourne City purchase all the tickets bar the small away bay area and that is all that is made available to the visitors.

Edited by belaguttman

Has the club considered a post match "kick around" on AAMI on a Sunday afternoon? I think Brisbane did this earlier in the year and worked well for them. Ties in with the family concept of the club.

Also, what is the club's expectations in terms of winning championships and getting into the ACL? Are we on track with the expectations?

14 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

I few things I might raise include:

- The Daily Telegraph article, and concerns about the privacy and rights of supporters. In particular the 4 Melbourne Heart or City supporters named

- A question about the team's form, and how the team's annoying roller coaster inconsistency over years bothers supporters

- Food at AAMI Park

I don't know much about club mechandise this season, active support this season, and number of other club & supporter issues, so it would be good to get some feedback.

A lot of good points are being raised Murphy, including injuries, management thereof, and lack of clear information to fans, ticket prices, farcical "membership" statistics, club taking a "hands-off approach" to getting decent seats for City fans at both home and away derbies, club colours (still no explanation of why we can't have the red stripe on our home jersey) etc. etc. but for me to go on with anything whilst continuing to ignore the elephant in the room is a waste of time.
For me that elephant is the football that we are serving up, and this season so far gives me every indication that that we are not going to be competitive again, either in the league generally or with our Melbourne rivals. For all the investment being put in, Melbourne City just seems leaderless and directionless, both on and off the field. I just cannot see where this club is heading. My overwhelming feeling is that the club  spends far too much "being City" and inwardly navel-gazing, and seems not to understand that a substantial number of people have made an emotional investment in the club and even if it, the club, cannot achieve immediate success we want to feel pride in what it does, and we want to feel that it is going somewhere and has the will to achieve its goals.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Jimmy said:

With the food at AAMI Park issue you could cite the almost cult following something as mediocre as a sausage stand has now got as evidence of a very strong demand for some better food options. 

Also keep badgering them for an actual statement on colors if you can. 

I think the popularity of the sausages (or lack of) saga is poignant in showing how us fans have started to lose interest in the team's typical poor on field home performances. We've been led to a point where now, most seem genuinely angry about the lack of chilli bratwursts.

• Like 3

There was a huge billboard promoting Man City (on punt rd below Richmond Station) when they were in town for two games earlier this year. I may well be wrong, but I can't remember Melbourne City having anything as prominant (advertising wise) in the 18 months since the rebranding.

That one billboard summed it all up: We're at the bottom of the pecking order and reminded of it constantly. Whether it's the Villa debacle, lack of merchandise, an ever increasing navy blue presence (do they not realise our cross town rivals sport this colour?) or an unwillingness to move on our abysmal coach I feel like we're the basement tenants at cfg house

Edited by Imperial Pints
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

Please ask when we are going to get the individually Melbourne flavoured club we were told we were going to be, as opposed to the Manchester City clone we are fast becoming.

Perhaps you could suggest we play home games in our ready to go red and white strip? Would differentiate us from the visitors and restore some pride.

This!

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Please ask when we are going to get the individually Melbourne flavoured club we were told we were going to be, as opposed to the Manchester City clone we are fast becoming.

Perhaps you could suggest we play home games in our ready to go red and white strip? Would differentiate us from the visitors and restore some pride.

What he said. If not that then what about even playing in our away strip when we are away. Yet to happen this year.

8 minutes ago, tigerou812 said:

In the survey that I was sent because I hadn't renewed my membership I'd mentioned the lack of a kit of our own. Said it would be nice to have something that is ours not a Manchester hand me down. Don't mind what colour it is just something of our own that you could identify with.

Like our away kit you mean?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Are we really going to argue about the colours on the kit again on here for the 100th time?

Yes. Because this club has gotten shitter and shitter the more sky blue we have become. SRS. Not even joking. 

Edited by gundam

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

people love flogging a dead horse

Well on one level you are right, The CFG man city master race will never budge until their marketing department gets their dream of  a full mini Man City in Australia, however I suspect because you don't personally care about jersey colours you don't appreciate just how offensive many people find this whole mini Man city approach. When something offends you like this "letting go" is not easy.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, morphine said:

Like our away kit you mean?

I know that we are going to light blue no problems. I like that we have the away kit, just wish they would wear it. The home kit for me is the problem. I just would like to have something that is ours. Surely they could give us something that is ours not just a hand me down for a home kit. At least they could have broken it up with different colour shorts. And get rid of that navy stripe. Don't care if they just keep the light blue or they could add red but the navy has to go.

9 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Well on one level you are right, The CFG man city master race will never budge until their marketing department gets their dream of  a full mini Man City in Australia, however I suspect because you don't personally care about jersey colours you don't appreciate just how offensive many people find this whole mini Man city approach. When something offends you like this "letting go" is not easy.

Particularly in view of this:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/soccer-we-may-be-owned-by-city-but-we-are-not-a-mini-manchester-melbourne-boss-declares-20150720-gig79p.html
Munn should be grilled on this until he bleeds.

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

To be honest, I am pretty stoked that the membership metric is floundering. At least CFG may realise that appealing to the Melbourne fan base isn't as simple as riding the coattails of a famous brother.

On 23 November 2015 8:58:18 pm, KSK_47 said:

Tell them to get rid of those horrible giant iron on stickers and get properly printed sponsors on the shirts. And the fabric feels cheap IMO. Definitely not paying that much for crap like that.

I find the fabric this year more comfortable and less plasticy actually.

On 24 November 2015 2:31:39 am, alex_terra_11 said:

What are they doing to improve results off the field and the need for better communication to fans about injuries.

EDIT: Victory have been allowing fans to vote on what songs get played pre-game, wouldn't mind something similar tbh

They have been doing this on City Voice.

On 24 November 2015 1:21:07 pm, Imperial Pints said:

There was a huge billboard promoting Man City (on punt rd below Richmond Station) when they were in town for two games earlier this year. I may well be wrong, but I can't remember Melbourne City having anything as prominant (advertising wise) in the 18 months since the rebranding.

That one billboard summed it all up: We're at the bottom of the pecking order and reminded of it constantly. Whether it's the Villa debacle, lack of merchandise, an ever increasing navy blue presence (do they not realise our cross town rivals sport this colour?) or an unwillingness to move on our abysmal coach I feel like we're the basement tenants at cfg house

They also had the billboard opposite Flinders st earlier this year.

That said:

1. Why does so much of the merch use navy blue, can they not at least make it black

2. Need more red and white merch 

3. Apparently they have filmed a team mates segment with some wleague players and it's coming soon, but given we're almost halfway through the season it would be good if they'd done it earlier and had more w-league player content in general

4. I am ridiculously optemistic and even I don't expect us to win games any more after literal years of being let down. It's a grim feeling and it will take sustained success to fix (no more inconsistancy). My casually attending coworker has stopped coming to games because it's so painful. For the love of god they need to do better.

• Like 2

I don't think success on field is really tangible though is it. I mean, if we're not happy with the coach, that's one thing. Injuries is another. But it's not like we are trying to lose games, if you know what I mean. Can't just say 'bring sustained, consistent success please'. Needs to be tangible. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic