Melbourne Football

Robert Koren (confirmed by club as released)

Jimmy

I agree that Koren just doesn't seem to care.

No energy, no drive and no determination to actually perform is all I see from him. He's either not happy or just too willing to use this as a very well paid holiday.

As a marquee, we need someone to make others follow their lead as a winner, not someone that couldn't care less.

Rant over.

Either respect our league or piss off. Duff came here knew it would be tough and dug in the hard yards for us. He respected our league as a whole. He did not treat it like a holiday. Did he run out off puff every noow and then. YES. But he had a bloody good crack. IF koren thinks he can come here earn a good paycheck and deliver lacklustre performaces he has another thing coming,

Pull your finger out Koren and dig in and respect our league.

• Like 1

Like everyone I am truly disappointed in Korens performances thus far. Why?

Is it he was just overated and this is the best he can do.

He hasn't recovered from injury fully and is still carrying something.

Is he not able to play in the positions hes been instructed so far.

Will he improve and become the Marquee we need.

just don't know. All I know is that at this point in time he has been way below average.

Running out of patience.

I think that what is really annoying is that he does not appear to be bustin' a gut like Mooy, Melling or Chapman. Need more from him.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. Not sure if it's his personality, but considering he's captained a Premier League club and a World Cup squad, I think it's safe to assume that he has a bit of fire in the belly. He's earning good money and his performances should reflect that. Not enough of our players demonstrate that they truly care on a weekly basis. Duff left us in no doubt that he was going to be fair dinkum in his time here. I'll defend limited players like Murdocca, because he has a crack. The least Koren could do is show some sort of intensity.

• Like 1

Honestly I believe in current form Koren is not in the best 3 midfielders at the club. He is supposed to be a stand out player in the league, but actually is not currently worth his spot in the 11.

I don't want to squeeze him in on the wing- I want him to play so well he demands selection at #10.

Needs to lift substantially or CFG have to find a way to get him out the door.

Since Koren and Melling are pretty much competing for the same position, JvS is taking that sense of competition away by playing Koren regardless!

Since JvS is too stubborn to change the formation to suit his players, I'd suggest that once Dugandzic is fit I'd start Melling with Koren on the bench and come on after the hour mark when Melling's run himself to the ground and earned himself another yellow card.

To keep playing Koren (and Ramsay up until last week) says, you'll play regardless of how little you're offering the team, which only creates complacency, which just adds to the mediocrity!

Has to be one of his better games yesterday.

The cross to Kennedy for the goal was quality.

Thats the thing about him though.  A "luxury player" who will do one or two exceptional things every 3 or 4 games.

Still not worth marque status.

Wont go to watch him.

Missed the first 9 matches because of a calf injury. Has appeared in 9 matches since, 632 minutes, 3 goals, 1 assist.

I agree he's yet to demonstrate full marquee status, but IMO these two assessments are pretty harsh.

Thats the thing about him though.  A "luxury player" who will do one or two exceptional things every 3 or 4 games.

Wont go to watch him.

Missed the first 9 matches because of a calf injury. Has appeared in 9 matches since, 632 minutes, 3 goals, 1 assist.

I agree he's yet to demonstrate full marquee status, but IMO these two assessments are pretty harsh.

Plus the man has been played OUT of position for most of the games that he has played for us through no fault of his own.

Wont go to watch him.

Plus the man has been played OUT of position for most of the games that he has played for us through no fault of his own.

This is true but Mooy has his role right now.  May be next season when Mooy leaves for NYC.

Edited by Kiro Kompiro

^^ One would hope Mooy would get a better offer than NYC :lol:

Got to say, Koren surprised me last night. Like JVS, he actually seemed to care for once.

What was the inspiration for this? No idea. He still played large parts of this match out of position, yet seemed to offer far more. He also got involved in talking back to opposition players , which is not something I've seen him bother doing before.

Lets hope he can keep it up.

^^ One would hope Mooy would get a better offer than NYC :lol:

Got to say, Koren surprised me last night. Like JVS, he actually seemed to care for once.

What was the inspiration for this? No idea. He still played large parts of this match out of position, yet seemed to offer far more. He also got involved in talking back to opposition players , which is not something I've seen him bother doing before.

Lets hope he can keep it up.

Think this was the first game he chased back (mind you only a couple) and actually made a tackle and I recalled one turnover. Weather this was because he was given a cracker or maybe he is now fully fit??? Next week/s will tell. Hopeful.

Good signs from him on Friday. I'm certainly not writing him off yet. The next few weeks will be crucial for our season and we need players that have been notoriously up and down this year, like Koren and Williams, to fire to get the results we need.

Good signs from him on Friday. I'm certainly not writing him off yet. The next few weeks will be crucial for our season and we need players that have been notoriously up and down this year, like Koren and Williams, to fire to get the results we need.

Yeah, I had been writing him off but he seemed to lift this week.

If that can be be the benchmark level that he can build on, then it may well work. It was a positive sign, but there's been too many false dawns at this club to get excited yet unfortunately.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had been writing him off but he seemed to lift this week.

If that can be be the benchmark level that he can build on, then it may well work. It was a positive sign, but there's been too many false dawns at this club to get excited yet unfortunately.

I thought his enthusiasm was great as well. He was probably going off his head more than anyone, trying to pump the crowd up after the goals.

Dear Mr Koren,

Suck my cock. Actually, you would probably start off alright for the first 5 minutes, but your tendency to vanish into thin air means I will be stuck with finishing myself off you professional football imitator. Whats that you say? "Oh but Mr. Sheepdog, I once scored a hat trick against such high quality opposition as the all conquering Newcastle Jets?!?! Surely I deserve to hold your club to ransom by taking the marquee spot, thus stopping other fans and yourself the chance to see a quality footballer perform WEEK IN WEEK OUT for your beloved little club?"

No you don't Robert, you deserve to rim me while tossing my salad. Now assume the position.

Fuck off,

Mr. Sheepdog.

• Like 1