Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby XII - 7:45pm 1st March AAMI Park

GreenSeater

Just play 3-4-3, well win any which way...

I like the cut of your gib.

Redders

Vrankovic - Wieleart - Kisnorbo

Germano - Engelaar - Mass - Ramsey

Dugandzic - Kewell - Williams

Tando, Hoffman, Kalmar, Mauk, Garucio

Front 3 interchangeable, Ramsey and Germano drop in wide at the back when needed, Engelaar protected in the middle with an extra man when they come after him, and they will.

Perfect tbh. Just a pity we all know Hoffman won't be dropped.

• Like 1

Just play 3-4-3, well win any which way...

I like the cut of your gib.

Redders

Vrankovic - Wieleart - Kisnorbo

Germano - Engelaar - Mass - Ramsey

Dugandzic - Kewell - Williams

Tando, Hoffman, Kalmar, Mauk, Garucio

Front 3 interchangeable, Ramsey and Germano drop in wide at the back when needed, Engelaar protected in the middle with an extra man when they come after him, and they will. Perfect tbh. Just a pity we all know Hoffman won't be dropped.

JVS though is man enough that if he sees it structurally better for the game he'd do it and I'm sure our form man would completely understand.

yup. if anything we'll probably see hoff at CB :droy:

Firstly I highly doubt this will happen. This isn't a time to be trying Hoffman out in yet another position, especially after he has performed very well in his newfound current position. Secondly we already have two established centre backs in Weilaert and Kisnorbo, which gives further reason that he won't be played there.

Hoffman has been playing first team football the whole season, has performed defensively very well, hasn't made any blunders, unlike every other defender in our back line this season. While going forward he isn't as aggressive but has many times opened up other players that have led to a goal. I'd say that yeasterday was his worst game going forward this season, a couple of poor passes at the start, but still provided the link with Duga that led to the goal. So why would you not want him in there as a starter? And why replace him with let's say walker or Vrankovic who, honestly, have been quite up and down in the youth team from what I've seen. In saying that Vrankovic definitely should be named in the squad on the bench. Some of you need to swallow your pride and admit he has done well this season. Simple.

• Like 2

yup. if anything we'll probably see hoff at CB :droy:

Firstly I highly doubt this will happen. This isn't a time to be trying Hoffman out in yet another position, especially after he has performed very well in his newfound current position. Secondly we already have two established centre backs in Weilaert and Kisnorbo, which gives further reason that he won't be played there.

Hoffman has been playing first team football the whole season, has performed defensively very well, hasn't made any blunders, unlike every other defender in our back line this season. While going forward he isn't as aggressive but has many times opened up other players that have led to a goal. I'd say that yeasterday was his worst game going forward this season, a couple of poor passes at the start, but still provided the link with Duga that led to the goal. So why would you not want him in there as a starter? And why replace him with let's say walker or Vrankovic who, honestly, have been quite up and down in the youth team from what I've seen. In saying that Vrankovic definitely should be named in the squad on the bench. Some of you need to swallow your pride and admit he has done well this season. Simple.

TLDR.

all i'm saying is don't rule it out. JVS is capable of the unexpected (in good and bad ways).

Can't wait to belt out "there's only team in Melbourne" when we're 5-0 up in the 90th minute :up:

The burn from tard fans will be glorious.

you should get all your mates to sing "we hate victoreee" as well because i hear they hate that  :D

I hate that

Can't wait to belt out "there's only team in Melbourne" when we're 5-0 up in the 90th minute :up:

The burn from tard fans will be glorious.

you should get all your mates to sing "we hate victoreee" as well because i hear they hate that  :D

I hate that

'We hate victoree' for 90 mins gents?

Edited by kingofhearts

imo

Redders

Hoff - Robbie - Paddy K - Shony

Mass - Orlando

H

Ramsay - Willo - Mate

Tando - Vranks - Mauk - Kalmar - Mifsud

I know what you're going to say about putting Mifsud on the bench, but he's been alright in the NYL and bringing his pace in late against a fairly slow Victory defence could work

• Like 5

imo

Redders

Hoff - Robbie - Paddy K - Shony

Mass - Orlando

H

Ramsay - Willo - Mate

Tando - Vranks - Mauk - Kalmar - Mifsud

I know what you're going to say about putting Mifsud on the bench, but he's been alright in the NYL and bringing his pace in late against a fairly slow Victory defence could work

I see what your saying but personally I would rather sub on mauk or garuccio and give them the experience and the playing time they deserve.

I don't see what's wrong with giving Mitchinson or Walker a go, besides the obvious concerns. Goodwin was a complete unknown when we fielded him and he had a great game

the only problem with those two is that they haven't been around the squad at all or very little so far this season, although I would considering giving walker a go at lb based on last seasons performances at rb.

Edited by Fentonthescreamingcactus

I don't see what's wrong with giving Mitchinson or Walker a go, besides the obvious concerns. Goodwin was a complete unknown when we fielded him and he had a great game

the only problem with those two is that they haven't been around the squad at all or very little so far this season, although I would considering giving walker a go at lb based on last seasons performances at rb.

I don't understand what you mean. They are senior squad players and have been training with the senior squad all season.

I don't understand what you mean. They are senior squad players and have been training with the senior squad all season.

Exactly.

PPL need to accept the fact that not all the young players MHFC recruit are going to end up A League players.

Even those who some show glimpses of promise like Walker can still end up State League Players... just like how some promising young AFL players end up becoming local champions instead of AFL journeymen.

Its just a reality of Australian Soccer...

true, but I am talking about the match day squads and I don't think we should be putting in players that have not played much senior football lately but I guess we don't really have much choice with all these suspensions.