Melbourne Football

Start planning for 2016-17 now

AntiScum

9 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Gombau is no better than JVS.

We need a championship winning coach from a decent League. 

I would disagree. Gombau has at leat won some silverware in HK, admittedly not highly esteemed but he has won silverware. Where they are similar is that neither seem to get angry at the players but we do know that Gombau can get angry at the media, so the fire is there. Also, Gombau did not have any concerns with upsetting his players - I am not sure about JVS.

31 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Its coming from one of the players. And its exactly what you mentioned in regards to the rocket. JVS doesnt like it and thinks its causing unrest towards the rest of the team and his coaching philosophies. Thank fuck he wont be there next year!!!

Couldnt agree more highly in regards to Franjic and Zullo where they think being part of the City family will open doors for them. You dont perform you dont deserve to play let alone have your head in Europe.

It all comes down to the coaching staff. JVS has had his way for far too long with very little results. I think there is method to a very strange transfer window where we have freed up funds for the incoming coach which im told is Josep Gombau.

Gee if I had to choose between Sorensen or JVS, let me see... (0.000001 seconds later) - Sorensen

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AntiScum said:

Its coming from one of the players. And its exactly what you mentioned in regards to the rocket. JVS doesnt like it and thinks its causing unrest towards the rest of the team and his coaching philosophies. Thank fuck he wont be there next year!!!

You mean the team is unhappy with Sorenson or that JVS thinks Sorenson is making the team unhappy with JVS?

Sorenson had a long career under some quality and experienced managers. 

It didn't take him to long to see this team has a muppet in charge. 

he doesn't have to be happy about this rudderless boat's sinking final chances as well as his professional goalie career getting hammered due the number of goals he has conceded. He can mostly thank the retards employed to protect him

Edited by Jestr

8 hours ago, AntiScum said:

It all comes down to the coaching staff. JVS has had his way for far too long with very little results. I think there is method to a very strange transfer window where we have freed up funds for the incoming coach which im told is Josep Gombau.

Why on earth would Gombau, having turned down CFG once, throw in his long term academy project to come here and coach?

Plenty of coaches in the world, I assume we'd have scouts for that too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

Why on earth would Gombau, having turned down CFG once, throw in his long term academy project to come here and coach?

Plenty of coaches in the world, I assume we'd have scouts for that too.

I agree, I would hope that we should be more ambitious with our next coach. Bielsa is still unemployed but doesn't speak English. It would at least save us from the 1 hour pressers where he goes into minute details over tactics.:D

15 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

You mean the team is unhappy with Sorenson or that JVS thinks Sorenson is making the team unhappy with JVS?

JVS thinks Sorenson is unsettling the team for giving rockets and interfering with methods etc etc (if I were a player i know who id listen too and it isnt JVS)

To me it sounds like JVS feels a little threatened by Sorenson`s presence.

• Like 1

On 29/02/2016 at 2:30 AM, AntiScum said:

Couldnt agree more highly in regards to Franjic and Zullo where they think being part of the City family will open doors for them. You dont perform you dont deserve to play let alone have your head in Europe.

You had me until "Josep Gombau", Obviously I know nothing of your sources, and if it happens then fine, I'll take it, but I've seen so many people - including press sources - mistake Gombau's move to NYC to start an academy to be him joining NYCFC (which he patently did not do) that I now cannot believe any link between us and him. I'm pretty sure people just keep starting rumours saying he is coming under the mistaken belief that CFG is holding him in NYC on the down-low until the time is right.

It's very clear that we are not going anywhere with JVS in charge. The team reflects the manager. Limp and weak. 

I'm looking forward to next season more than this one tbh. No JVS, New marquee, new kit (hopefully a long term one).

almost like we will finally lance the heart boil and push on. 

Edited by Dylan

14 minutes ago, Dylan said:

It's very clear that we are not going anywhere with JVS in charge. The team reflects the manager. Limp and weak. 

I'm looking forward to next season more than this one tbh. No JVS, New marquee, new kit (hopefully a long term one).

almost like we will finally lance the heart boil and push on. 

Yeah, I'm in some ways happy with how the season is going. We're not sinking without a trace and humiliating ourselves by finishing outside of the playoffs (touch wood), we've had some high-scoring games for good entertainment and to show the league how we play and how we can destroy existing scoring records, and yet we're really not meeting potential which means that JVS' position is tenuous. Surely come season end he will be gone. It's only a matter of time.

Well, even if we finish in 6th position it'll be the best 6th position a team could hope for. Bruno potentially golden boot, breaking scoring records, great home record etc. There's been some amazing stuff this season. 

Edited by n i k o
Apologies for the positivity guys. Clearly out of line.

31 minutes ago, haz said:

People's thoughts on if Sorenson became our manager next season?

I don't doubt that he has some knowledge about the game but we've seen that great players don't automatically transform into great managers (I.e JA).

Maybe put him on as an assistant coach first then he can work his way up to being a head coach.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, haz said:

Same thought when Alosi became manager = No. Not experienced enough.

Needs to learn the trade under an established coach ~2 seasons, then manage at a lower level ~2 years

• Like 2

1 hour ago, haz said:

No way. Isn't a qualified coach for starters. Second, IMO he's in line for a job with CFG back in the UK, and third it's not a good idea to appoint a gaffer who only months earlier was one of the boys. 

3 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

I don't doubt that he has some knowledge about the game but we've seen that great players don't automatically transform into great managers (I.e JA).

Maybe put him on as an assistant coach first then he can work his way up to being a head coach.

Statistically the further up the pitch a player plays the less likely they are to succeed as a coach.  So statistically we can expect him to be a better coach than Aloisi. 

That being said I still want someone who can win us silvrware.

23 minutes ago, malloy said:

Statistically the further up the pitch a player plays the less likely they are to succeed as a coach.  So statistically we can expect him to be a better coach than Aloisi. 

In that case lets appoint the security guy that sits behind the goal, he's as far back on the pitch as possible

13 hours ago, Falastur said:

You had me until "Josep Gombau", Obviously I know nothing of your sources, and if it happens then fine, I'll take it, but I've seen so many people - including press sources - mistake Gombau's move to NYC to start an academy to be him joining NYCFC (which he patently did not do) that I now cannot believe any link between us and him. I'm pretty sure people just keep starting rumours saying he is coming under the mistaken belief that CFG is holding him in NYC on the down-low until the time is right.

I only pass on what im told i was right about some things in the transfer market (Paartalu - Malik) and some things flopped.

3 hours ago, malloy said:

Yeah true Id be throwing big money at a well known coach at the end of the season but I'd also like to keep Sorenson around at the end of his contract if he wanted because he is very well liked from what I understand. He could slip into a bolton-esque roll maybe.

10 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Yeah true Id be throwing big money at a well known coach at the end of the season but I'd also like to keep Sorenson around at the end of his contract if he wanted because he is very well liked from what I understand. He could slip into a bolton-esque roll maybe.

Perhaps he could replace Joey Nepotism?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Cheer up JW we'll win the league one day dw :)

Will we be around to see it? Thats the bigger question

Indeed it is. Which will come first; will the sands of time run out on me, or will my patience evaporate? That is the question.

I'm a bad case this morning, my melancholy exacerbated by the success that Sydney and that other mob are having in the ACL.

• Like 2