Melbourne Football

Start planning for 2016-17 now

AntiScum

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png GK Andrew Redmayne               - two years to go on his contract.

2 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Jeremy Walker (Youth)       -  out of contract

3 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png DF Rob Wielaert                       -  out of contract

4 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png MF Orlando Engelaar               - out of contract

5 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Sam Mitchinson (Youth)     - not sure

6 23px-Flag_of_Liberia.svg.png DF Patrick Gerhardt                 - out of contract

7 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Iain Ramsay                       - one year to go on his contract

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Massimo Murdocca     - one year to go on his contract

9 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Dylan Macallister        - out of contract

10 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Harry Kewell (Captain)- out of contract

11 23px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png FW Michael Mifsud          - out of contract

13 23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png MF Jonatan Germano      - out of contract

14 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Golgol Mebrahtu        - out of contract

15 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW David Williams          - out of contract

16 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Aziz Behich                - on loan - loan finishes at end of current season

17 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Jason Hoffman          - out of contract

18 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF David Vranković (Youth) - out of contract

19 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Ben Garuccio (Youth)  - out of contract

20 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png GK Tando Velaphi            - out of contract

21 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Stefan Mauk (Youth)    - out of contract

22 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Nick Kalmar               - out of contract

23 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Mate Dugandžić        - out of contract

24 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Patrick Kisnorbo        - out of contract

25 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png MF Andrea Migliorini        - injury replacement - present contract ends at end of January 2014

26 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Ersin Kaya (Youth)      - not sure

28 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Paulo Retre (Youth)     - not sure

Realistically who stays who goes?

Realistically, almost everyone can leave if they wish to.

Obviously Redmayne, Murdocca and Ramsay have to stay unless there is a mutual release.

Of the rest I would keep Walker, Mitchinson, Mauk, Garuccio and Retre, and Behich if we can keep him on loan.

Migliorini a possible.

(I am aware a lot of people don't rate either Mitchinson or Migliorini.)

Huge rebuilding task ahead of us.

Not 100% sure on contract situations but id go with

OUT: Dugandzic, Misfud, Kewell, Migliorini, Germano, Wielart, Ramsay, Gerhard, Macallister, Behich (return), Velaphi

IN: Foreign ST, Foreign CM, Foreign winger, Matt Spiranovic (Aus marquee), Antony Golec, Ben Kennedy, Joel Chianese,David Carney, some more fillers

Edited by Dynomite

It's easier to list who should remain than who should be let go.

As JW states, all who have a contract should remain so that's:

Redmayne (back to second choice keeper)

Murdocca

Ramsay

I would then want the following to remain:

Mauk

Retre

Walker

Garrucio

That's basically it. Then recruit a whole lot of new players. Rebuild the whole club.

• Like 1

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png GK Andrew Redmayne               STAY

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Jeremy Walker (Youth)       STAY

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png DF Rob Wielaert                       STAY

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png MF Orlando Engelaar               Farewell

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Sam Mitchinson (Youth)     STAY

23px-Flag_of_Liberia.svg.png DF Patrick Gerhardt                 Ta-Ta

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Iain Ramsay                       STAY

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Massimo Murdocca     STAY

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Dylan Macallister        Feck off -

10 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Harry Kewell (Captain)- Feck Off -

11 23px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png FW Michael Mifsud          - Feck Off

13 23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png MF Jonatan Germano      - Feck Off

123px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Golgol Mebrahtu        - STAY

15 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW David Williams          - STAY

16 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Aziz Behich                - STAY

17 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Jason Hoffman          - STAY

18 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF David Vranković (Youth- STAY

19 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Ben Garuccio (Youth)  - STAY

20 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png GK Tando Velaphi            - Ta-Ta

21 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Stefan Mauk (Youth)    - STAY

22 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Nick Kalmar               - Farewell

23 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Mate Dugandžić        - Good By

24 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Patrick Kisnorbo        - Stay

25 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png MF Andrea Migliorini        - Ta-Ta

26 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Ersin Kaya (Youth)      Good By

28 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Paulo Retre (Youth)     -STAY

Wish list of course

I actually think that on the whole we have a decent squad and would be keen to see how they perform under a good manager in a well managed club with good training facilities.

Agreed.

Rated our squad this season up until now.

Id maybe ad another striker to pay up front with Mifsud as I believe he plays much better when feeding off a some partner and another CAM as its clear as day we can't rely on Kewell.

All 5 foreign players should be let go (unless Engelaar produces something unbelievable on his return). Gerhardt, Weilart, Germano and Mifsud offer nothing more than genuine squad players. If we want to win the League our imports need to be guys that stand out. None of ours would make the  Brisbane Roar starting XI.

Williams, D-Mac, & Velaphi would be the 1st ones out the door, with Hoffman Gol Gol & Dugandzic needing to produce for every single game if they're to be offered new contracts. Mitchinson doesn't appear to be up to standard, and Kaya seems to have dropped off the radar.

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png GK Andrew Redmayne               - two years to go on his contract -Staying

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Jeremy Walker (Youth)       -  out of contract - Renew

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png DF Rob Wielaert                       -  out of contract - Pack your Bags

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png MF Orlando Engelaar               - out of contract - Due to Age Pack your bags

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Sam Mitchinson (Youth)     - not sure - Renew

23px-Flag_of_Liberia.svg.png DF Patrick Gerhardt                 - out of contract - Pack your Bags

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Iain Ramsay                       - one year to go on his contract - Staying

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Massimo Murdocca     - one year to go on his contract - Staying

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Dylan Macallister        - out of contract - Clear out your locker

10 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Harry Kewell (Captain)- out of contract - Clear out your locker

11 23px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png FW Michael Mifsud          - out of contract - Renew

13 23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png MF Jonatan Germano      - out of contract - Sad but goodbye

123px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Golgol Mebrahtu        - out of contract - Renew

15 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW David Williams          - out of contract - Renew

16 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Aziz Behich                - on loan - loan finishes at end of current season

17 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Jason Hoffman          - out of contract - One year deal

18 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF David Vranković (Youth- out of contract - Renew

19 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Ben Garuccio (Youth)  - out of contract - Renew

20 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png GK Tando Velaphi            - out of contract - Seeya

21 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Stefan Mauk (Youth)    - out of contract - Renew

22 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Nick Kalmar               - out of contract - Pack your bags

23 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Mate Dugandžić        - out of contract - Pack your bags

24 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Patrick Kisnorbo        - out of contract - Seeya 

25 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png MF Andrea Migliorini        - injury replacement - present contract ends at end of January 2014 (hopefully they renew would like to see him under a decent coach)

26 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Ersin Kaya (Youth)      - not sure (no idea what his story is)

28 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Paulo Retre (Youth)     - not sure - Renew 

I actually think that on the whole we have a decent squad and would be keen to see how they perform under a good manager in a well managed club with good training facilities.

Agreed.

Rated our squad this season up until now.

Id maybe ad another striker to pay up front with Mifsud as I believe he plays much better when feeding off a some partner and another CAM as its clear as day we can't rely on Kewell.

We don't necessarily need 2 players up front but we need to look at role of players in our present structure, we don't get enough players forward in attacking transition and their positioning and movement is poor. We can support Mifsud if we improve this.

I essentially agree the season is over in terms of results. If we, through some miracle, squeeze in to the finals, then it will be the lower reaches and therefore an away final. We all know how good we are away.

I would make the changes to the matchday setup immediately. I think it's obvious which players need to be cut - it's not as if we don't know which players are performing. Their cards should be marked now - this will generate a lot of debate about individual players, but we don't know the mitigating circumstances (eg injuries, pre-season etc) in all cases. I'm happy to leave that decision to the coaching panel.

My plan for the rest of the season from the club regarding on field issues:

1. Get a new coaching panel - temporary or permanent depending on the quality of candidates.

2. Openly acknowledge what we all know - finals are pretty much gone. Don't keep selling hope and "Believe" - it's simply embarrassing.

3. Openly acknowledge results are not the club's priority for the rest of the season.

4. Play the kids. Re-invigorate our enthusiasm on the pitch, return to a core value, give real opportunities to test our young talent (and hence make an informed decision on their future at seasons end), and start making our club an attractive destination for youth.

5. Focus on a "Barcelona" playing style for the rest of the season. Possession based football with the aim of playing out, technical skill and vision, trickery and fun. This will rapidly unmask players with gross technical deficiencies and we can move them on - you need technically proficient players to win the A-league. It will also be better to watch, even if we lose. I get the funny feeling that by changing the style, many players will enjoy the change and results could possibly come with happier players anyway.

6. Start headhunting and locking up the best youth in the VPL NOW for our NYL team and academy with the option of assessing them for the future.

7. Delist Germano immediately and look aggressively world wide in the January window period for an international player who will bring some excitement to the club. We will bleed members if we don't create some buzz around the place pretty soon. This player should be someone who has mentoring capabilities and value add to our youth.

8. Find a home base - hopefully this will come with new owners.

In the end, it's time to rebuild. But let's do it openly, slowly and tick all the boxes this time. Don't sell me "hope" now - that's ludicrous.

• Like 6

Why the fuck would some of you people want to keep Williams?

With the state of the club who would want to come to heart? Its going to be another two year rebuild 10 players to go in off season and the rest will follow the year after depending on who`s available.

One thing you should not forget is if a top class manager (who has some idea about football) comes in you might see players in a different light.

Edited by AntiScum

With the state of the club who would want to come to heart? Its going to be another two year rebuild 10 players to go in off season and the rest will follow the year after depending on who`s available.

One thing you should not forget is if a top class manager (who has some idea about football) comes in you might see players in a different light.

Unless the manager can fix Williams shooting i don't want him anymore. We've seen enough of him to know he is not going to get any better.

Replace him with a visa player or some youth. He's finished and destined to spend the rest of his career in the vpl or in some very competitive league like the indonesian league.

No. Position Player

1 GK Andrew Redmayne - good back up keeper at best

2 DF Jeremy Walker (Youth) -Keep

3 DF Rob Wielaert -Keep

4 MF Orlando Engelaar -Keep, he is suppose to be ok

5 DF Sam Mitchinson (Youth) -Goodbye

6 DF Patrick Gerhardt -Goodbye

7 MF Iain Ramsay -CONTRACTED

8 MF Massimo Murdocca -CONTRACTED

9 FW Dylan Macallister -Please leave

10 MF Harry Kewell (Captain) -Keep 1 more year

11 FW Michael Mifsud -Keep as long as we get a better one

13 MF Jonatan Germano -Goodbye

14 FW Golgol Mebrahtu -Keep

15 FW David Williams -Goodbye

16 DF Aziz Behich -Don't come back

17 MF Jason Hoffman -Goodbye

18 DF David Vranković (Youth) -Keep

19 MF Ben Garuccio (Youth) -Keep

20 GK Tando Velaphi -lol Goodbye

21 MF Stefan Mauk (Youth) -Keep

22 MF Nick Kalmar -Goodbye

23 FW Mate Dugandžić -Goodbye

24 DF Patrick Kisnorbo -Keep

25 MF Andrea Migliorini -Hope to god we Keep

26 MF Ersin Kaya (Youth) -Goodbye

28 MF Paulo Retre (Youth) -Keep

I essentially agree the season is over in terms of results. If we, through some miracle, squeeze in to the finals, then it will be the lower reaches and therefore an away final. We all know how good we are away.

I would make the changes to the matchday setup immediately. I think it's obvious which players need to be cut - it's not as if we don't know which players are performing. Their cards should be marked now - this will generate a lot of debate about individual players, but we don't know the mitigating circumstances (eg injuries, pre-season etc) in all cases. I'm happy to leave that decision to the coaching panel.

My plan for the rest of the season from the club regarding on field issues:

1. Get a new coaching panel - temporary or permanent depending on the quality of candidates.

2. Openly acknowledge what we all know - finals are pretty much gone. Don't keep selling hope and "Believe" - it's simply embarrassing.

3. Openly acknowledge results are not the club's priority for the rest of the season.

4. Play the kids. Re-invigorate our enthusiasm on the pitch, return to a core value, give real opportunities to test our young talent (and hence make an informed decision on their future at seasons end), and start making our club an attractive destination for youth.

5. Focus on a "Barcelona" playing style for the rest of the season. Possession based football with the aim of playing out, technical skill and vision, trickery and fun. This will rapidly unmask players with gross technical deficiencies and we can move them on - you need technically proficient players to win the A-league. It will also be better to watch, even if we lose. I get the funny feeling that by changing the style, many players will enjoy the change and results could possibly come with happier players anyway.

6. Start headhunting and locking up the best youth in the VPL NOW for our NYL team and academy with the option of assessing them for the future.

7. Delist Germano immediately and look aggressively world wide in the January window period for an international player who will bring some excitement to the club. We will bleed members if we don't create some buzz around the place pretty soon. This player should be someone who has mentoring capabilities and value add to our youth.

8. Find a home base - hopefully this will come with new owners.

In the end, it's time to rebuild. But let's do it openly, slowly and tick all the boxes this time. Don't sell me "hope" now - that's ludicrous.

Top post mate. Encapsulates everything.

I essentially agree the season is over in terms of results. If we, through some miracle, squeeze in to the finals, then it will be the lower reaches and therefore an away final. We all know how good we are away.I would make the changes to the matchday setup immediately. I think it's obvious which players need to be cut - it's not as if we don't know which players are performing. Their cards should be marked now - this will generate a lot of debate about individual players, but we don't know the mitigating circumstances (eg injuries, pre-season etc) in all cases. I'm happy to leave that decision to the coaching panel.My plan for the rest of the season from the club regarding on field issues:1. Get a new coaching panel - temporary or permanent depending on the quality of candidates.2. Openly acknowledge what we all know - finals are pretty much gone. Don't keep selling hope and "Believe" - it's simply embarrassing.3. Openly acknowledge results are not the club's priority for the rest of the season.4. Play the kids. Re-invigorate our enthusiasm on the pitch, return to a core value, give real opportunities to test our young talent (and hence make an informed decision on their future at seasons end), and start making our club an attractive destination for youth.5. Focus on a "Barcelona" playing style for the rest of the season. Possession based football with the aim of playing out, technical skill and vision, trickery and fun. This will rapidly unmask players with gross technical deficiencies and we can move them on - you need technically proficient players to win the A-league. It will also be better to watch, even if we lose. I get the funny feeling that by changing the style, many players will enjoy the change and results could possibly come with happier players anyway.6. Start headhunting and locking up the best youth in the VPL NOW for our NYL team and academy with the option of assessing them for the future.7. Delist Germano immediately and look aggressively world wide in the January window period for an international player who will bring some excitement to the club. We will bleed members if we don't create some buzz around the place pretty soon. This player should be someone who has mentoring capabilities and value add to our youth.8. Find a home base - hopefully this will come with new owners.In the end, it's time to rebuild. But let's do it openly, slowly and tick all the boxes this time. Don't sell me "hope" now - that's ludicrous.

Sounds like a plan and don't disagree that the season it over. But as for Point 5, who would you suggest? We know that JA/Foxe are not the answer. In fact there wouldn't be many free coaches that could walk in and take over straightaway without paying some serious money? Our current owners are too busy ironing out the last few clauses of the deal and getting it approved by FFA HQ to be worried about the longer term future of HeartFC.

Answering on an iPhone so forgive the typos. But to answer the above question re 5 I honestly can't give you a name. But I will say that we are not looking for a high profile name or tactical genius. I think we've regressed to the point where we've lost sight of the basics - technical proficiency and basic decision making. Get these right and you're well on the way. There must be a development coach at the AIS for example that would happily take us back to a development path. Someone who has a history of developing the individual to excel and the group to gel. We have not seen one player really advance in skill or performance in 20 months which is a tragedy. We have a unique opportunity to focus on player development unencumbered by results. Acknowledge the season is gone and move on.

A big plus is it will be cheap, acknowledge it as temporary, and heaven forbid you might uncover a gem whilst you do an extensive search for "your man". This is my understanding about how,for example, Arsene Wenger was found.

I'd be amazed if there was no one in this country with a history of developing players to improve. Every state must have someone. Let's do this slowly - there is no rush to get results. But do it in an honest and open fashion. It will pay benefits in the long run.

Again, let's see how the players perform under JVS Williams struggled under his team plan but the players will get better man management and have more confidence. We've seen what they are like as a devolved team and devolved individuals, let's see how they can play as they evolve before we talk about delisting them.

• Like 1

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png GK Andrew Redmayne               - two years to go on his contract -In

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Jeremy Walker (Youth)       -  out of contract - In

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png DF Rob Wielaert                       -  out of contract - Out

23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png MF Orlando Engelaar               - out of contract - Out

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Sam Mitchinson (Youth)     - not sure - Not sure

23px-Flag_of_Liberia.svg.png DF Patrick Gerhardt                 - out of contract - Out

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Iain Ramsay                       - one year to go on his contract - Stay

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Massimo Murdocca     - one year to go on his contract - Stay

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Dylan Macallister        - out of contract - Out

10 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Harry Kewell (Captain)- out of contract - Out

11 23px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png FW Michael Mifsud          - out of contract - Renew if he improves, otherwise out

13 23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png MF Jonatan Germano      - out of contract - Out

123px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Golgol Mebrahtu        - out of contract - Out

15 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW David Williams          - out of contract - Out

16 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Aziz Behich                - on loan - Stay if we can get him 

17 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Jason Hoffman          - out of contract - Out

18 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF David Vranković (Youth- out of contract - Renew

19 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Ben Garuccio (Youth)  - out of contract - Renew

20 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png GK Tando Velaphi            - out of contract - Out

21 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Stefan Mauk (Youth)    - out of contract - Renew

22 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Nick Kalmar               - out of contract - Stay if improves

23 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png FW Mate Dugandžić        - out of contract - Stay if improves

24 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png DF Patrick Kisnorbo        - out of contract - Out

25 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png MF Andrea Migliorini        - injury replacement - present contract ends at end of January 2014 - Renew if we can

26 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Ersin Kaya (Youth)      - not sure Don't know

28 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png MF Paulo Retre (Youth)     - not sure - Renew 

• Like 1

No doubt some cleanout will occur but can we also get a real striker please. Instead of DMac sitting injured and being a waste of space we should have gone for Juric or Duke who would have provide a genuine target up front. Would like to see us go for Josh Kennedy. Good with his feet and in the air of course and proven goal scorer.

Yeah I am of the opinion that we do have a good group of players that can challenge towards the top but they are so low on confidence and have been so poorly managed that they are playing well below their best. Give JVS a few weeks before we find out who the real hacks are and get rid of the deadwood from there.

• Like 1