Melbourne Football

Start planning for 2016-17 now

AntiScum

Any chance Man City will announce the signing of Weilart, Ramsay and Redmayne? All 3 accept mutually agreed releases from Heart, to join Man City then accept releases there, before finding other clubs (funnily enough not triggering any payments under the salary cap).

You got a source for that? I've not heard any suggestion of this happening. I'm not entirely sure why the players would sign up to a scheme designed to deprive them of a golden goodbye either, nor why City would feel the need to do so either to save on such a pitiful amount of cash compared to their budget?

Edit: oh wait, you're just suggesting that you want to see it happen? I think I may have misread.

I'm sure that they won't do that but any payouts to players are included under the salary cap

Any chance Man City will announce the signing of Weilart, Ramsay and Redmayne? All 3 accept mutually agreed releases from Heart, to join Man City then accept releases there, before finding other clubs (funnily enough not triggering any payments under the salary cap).

You got a source for that? I've not heard any suggestion of this happening. I'm not entirely sure why the players would sign up to a scheme designed to deprive them of a golden goodbye either, nor why City would feel the need to do so either to save on such a pitiful amount of cash compared to their budget?

Edit: oh wait, you're just suggesting that you want to see it happen? I think I may have misread.

I'm sure that they won't do that but any payouts to players are included under the salary cap

No, i'm thinking they leave Heart by "mutual concent" so there would be no pay out. 

If a "3rd party" happened to pay them well for their next job, what's that got to do with the FFA?

:)

No, i'm thinking they leave Heart by "mutual concent" so there would be no pay out. 

If a "3rd party" happened to pay them well for their next job, what's that got to do with the FFA?

:)

Doesn't have to be mutual consent, could be done by transfer. Once transferred to a club outside Australia FFA cannot control what happens. However, I doubt City itself would risk this, as it would likely receive very close scrutiny as a blatant manipulation of the salary cap and possibly lead to a clamp-down on such activity in the future.

But as Shahanga says, 3rd party payments are impossible to control.

It may be possible to work the system that way but is that the way that we want to become successful and what we want to become known for? I don't.

Yep. City should bring enough advantage without having to rort the system. Simply using the marquee and guest spots properly combined with decent facilities and proper youth development should be enough to challenge for top spot if the coach is up to it (I'm looking at you JVS). 

Huzie  i cant tell if you are being serious when you say that part time jobs are being lined up for any City youngsters that might come across, you are saying that tongue in cheek are you not? Any Player heading your way from City is a full time proffesional footballer the only thing they will be working on, apart from football will be the local female talent !!!!

Huzie i cant tell if you are being serious when you say that part time jobs are being lined up for any City youngsters that might come across, you are saying that tongue in cheek are you not? Any Player heading your way from City is a full time proffesional footballer the only thing they will be working on, apart from football will be the local female talent !!!!

I'm not sure if you're being serious now...lol I was 100% serious. One of them was a chippy apparently, I think it's for life after football...same as our AFL players do (excluding Fev).

Huzie i cant tell if you are being serious when you say that part time jobs are being lined up for any City youngsters that might come across, you are saying that tongue in cheek are you not? Any Player heading your way from City is a full time proffesional footballer the only thing they will be working on, apart from football will be the local female talent !!!!

I'm not sure if you're being serious now...lol I was 100% serious. One of them was a chippy apparently, I think it's for life after football...same as our AFL players do (excluding Fev).

He was being serious - I thought you were joking too. This stuff is a long way away from what happens in the UK.

Huzie no way will any city youngsters be working in chip shops par time!!e Any youngsters coming over will already be driving top of the range BMWs and probably one or two of them have Audi R8s lined up ,i know about salatry caps and all the other monetary limits in the A league but the type of player coming your way is already used to a weekly salary somewhere between 2 to 4 thousand a week and thats not because its city paying bigger wages than other premier league clubs, but that figure is probably about average for a 18/19 year old proffesional footballer at a premier league  club who is possibly a year away from a couple of outings in the first team or, going out on loan to a championship team, or european side . The days of trainee footballers cleaning boots and sweeping the stadium clean on a monday morning are long gone.. These guys will have enough money to throw at the local night club,s and the local girls, and they wont have to say do you want vinegar on your chips either! I do understand that any young guys with the Heart team are probablly still in some form of education, and do have to have part time jobs to make a living, But Heart won the lottery when the sheik came to town ,and you are going to be operating on a whole new level from now on I know a few guys on this forum laugh at that idea and have told me so on here but it is true !

Huzie no way will any city youngsters be working in chip shops par time!!e Any youngsters coming over will already be driving top of the range BMWs and probably one or two of them have Audi R8s lined up ,i know about salatry caps and all the other monetary limits in the A league but the type of player coming your way is already used to a weekly salary somewhere between 2 to 4 thousand a week and thats not because its city paying bigger wages than other premier league clubs, but that figure is probably about average for a 18/19 year old proffesional footballer at a premier league  club who is possibly a year away from a couple of outings in the first team or, going out on loan to a championship team, or european side . The days of trainee footballers cleaning boots and sweeping the stadium clean on a monday morning are long gone.. These guys will have enough money to throw at the local night club,s and the local girls, and they wont have to say do you want vinegar on your chips either! I do understand that any young guys with the Heart team are probablly still in some form of education, and do have to have part time jobs to make a living, But Heart won the lottery when the sheik came to town ,and you are going to be operating on a whole new level from now on I know a few guys on this forum laugh at that idea and have told me so on here but it is true !

The problem is what will it cost them by winniing this particular lottery? With us they have built on the foundations of the fact we were a community based club. Having respect for our history and bringing the fans with them.

However, this may not be the case with Heart. The fact that it is a frnachise league has made it easier to buy the team. But for the Heart fans they are being told it will mean losing their name and colours. It is a situation that shouldn't be happening.

Our owners should respect their history however short it may be. If they don't then they will lose a lot of respect and goodwill from fans in Melbourne.

Lonestay, chippy means carpenter or handiman (as in, creator of wood chips), not chip shop worker. Come on, that's not even Australian slang, we use that word too!

Edited by Falastur

But Heart won the lottery when the sheik came to town

Now I know you didn't have any ill meaning toward this comment but I'd just like to point out we hear it a lot and it's sort of become a slap in the face. Are we only 'rich' due to luck of the draw and should be happy with it?

We've won the 'lottery' so apparently we get a lifetime's supply of footballers but it seems that comes at a price (although I won't delve further into that already exhausted argument!).

Anyway, covering rehashed ground perhaps it's just a strange choice of words :)

I don't know if you understand the concept of the salary cap, but players over here don't earn 2-4 thousand a week unless they are a marquee. No matter how rich the owners are.

I don't know if you understand the concept of the salary cap, but players over here don't earn 2-4 thousand a week unless they are a marquee. No matter how rich the owners are.

Um Yes they do !   The average is 2.2k per week.  

The range is slighlty out it should be 1-4k per week where 47k is minimum wage and 200k is a good experienced wage.

It all fits in the cap of 2.62M+ excluding marquees & 3rd party agreements  

http://www.pfa.net.au/index.php?id=191

Huzie no way will any city youngsters be working in chip shops par time!!e Any youngsters coming over will already be driving top of the range BMWs and probably one or two of them have Audi R8s lined up ,i know about salatry caps and all the other monetary limits in the A league but the type of player coming your way is already used to a weekly salary somewhere between 2 to 4 thousand a week and thats not because its city paying bigger wages than other premier league clubs, but that figure is probably about average for a 18/19 year old proffesional footballer at a premier league club who is possibly a year away from a couple of outings in the first team or, going out on loan to a championship team, or european side . The days of trainee footballers cleaning boots and sweeping the stadium clean on a monday morning are long gone.. These guys will have enough money to throw at the local night club,s and the local girls, and they wont have to say do you want vinegar on your chips either! I do understand that any young guys with the Heart team are probablly still in some form of education, and do have to have part time jobs to make a living, But Heart won the lottery when the sheik came to town ,and you are going to be operating on a whole new level from now on I know a few guys on this forum laugh at that idea and have told me so on here but it is true !

It's not to make money out of, it's for after their career ends they have options/skill sets. This isn't me guessing either, this is fact.

EXCLUSIVE: Injured Chelsea skipper John Terry rated 50/50 for Champions League return

JOHN TERRY is rated 50-50 to make a shock return from an ankle injury and face Atletico Madrid tomorrow.

By David Woods

29 April 2014

Terry was initially ruled out until the Champions League Final on May 24 by boss Jose Mourinho after he had to hobble off in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final last week.

But Starsport revealed on Friday he had only tweaked ankle ligaments and was hopeful of returning for the second leg at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea's inspirational skipper did not train with the first team yesterday, but did do some light running under the guidance of the club's physio department.

It is understood Mourinho is planning to play Branislav Ivanovic at centre back alongside Gary Cahill - with Cesar Azpilicueta and Ashley Cole the full backs - if Terry cannot make it.

Meanwhile, it has emerged that Sheihk Mansour has sanctioned a move for midfielder Frank Lampard - who is suspended for the Atletico match.

But the deal is with Melbourne Heart, not Manchester City.

The super-rich Sheihk bought an 80 per cent stake in the A League club for £6.7m in January.

Lampard is out of contract at the end of the season and is already being courted by LA Galaxy.

Melboune are offering £60,000 a week after tax for two years, with the option of a third year.

The 35-year-old, though, is hoping to secure another year's extension with the Blues and is unlikely to take up the Aussie option.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/376459/EXCLUSIVE-Injured-Chelsea-skipper-John-Terry-rated-50-50-for-Champions-League-return

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1