Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

KSK.

What you've said is 100% correct.

1 key element that drives membership numbers is winning games.

Our position has if anything gone backwards.

This is the core of the problem!

You can sign exciting players however if the coaching staff can't make them produce results on the field, none of that will matter.

Win! And they will come to see it, to be a part of it.

Dish out below ordinary performance and most will lose interest. Income will go backwards and club will choke and flounder.

Maybe even disappear.

Look what success looks like at WSW.... and it's only year1!!!!!

But even winning games at home can have a massive effect on memberships.  Every home game should be treated as a winnable game.

I think the back room of the club have done a fantastic job thus far in getting members.  The ball is well and truly in the football department's half and i hope the club's management takes off the kids gloves and puts a rocket up the coach's and players backsides if they put on moRe of the insipid performances from last year .

If our attendances are poor then there are no ifs or buts about it: it IS the players and the coaches fault.

• Like 2

But even winning games at home can have a massive effect on memberships.  Every home game should be treated as a winnable game.

I think the back room of the club have done a fantastic job thus far in getting members.  The ball is well and truly in the football department's half and i hope the club's management takes off the kids gloves and puts a rocket up the coach's and players backsides if they put on moRe of the insipid performances from last year .

If our attendances are poor then there are no ifs or buts about it: it IS the players and the coaches fault.

Agree 100% KK.

Agree with everything you just said, but every game should be treated as a winnable game, not just home games. 

The first step to winning is between the ears. 

• Like 2

A few subtle hints to a Englishman seconded recently to my office paid dividends. He just decided to sign his family ticket plus got his friends on board too. That's all it takes. The decider was, geographical proximation ( according to his research the south side of Melbourne are predominately Heart fans). Doesn't take much to promote your passion, club or other interests. Every member should be doing te same.

• Like 1

So we were at 4272 yesterday.

Last Season # Vs this season

3,300 August  16th Vs 3800 (+15.15%)

3,650 August  30th Vs 4272 (+17.04%)

4,000 Sept.     12th

4,750 October 4th (day before round 1)

We need to hit 4680 by Sept 12th to stay 17% ahead of last season. Already at 4293 right now ;-)

We started this week on 4301.

Just on the subject of membership generally, I'm interested to see that Adelaide United now differentiate between Season Ticket Holders and Members, as per the following from their club website:

"United for Ten. Together as One.
Membership is a matter of choice and about being respected, and we respect every member’s right to choose the category which best suits them.

The club is committed to growing its membership base and to that end has established Adelaide United Members Club (AUMC) Inc. complete with voting rights. It provides a sense of ownership, of being able to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and being part of a member based entity. As an Incorporated Not for Profit Entity, the club can now apply for Government Grants. In addition, it can also join Clubs SA and receive all associated benefits.

We have included the option to join AUMC Inc. as part of the packages. Not everyone wants to; some will just want access to matches. Thus there were two clear options both independent of each other – a) a Season Ticket, and B) an Adelaide United Members Club Inc. Financial Membership.

We appeal to all fans to consider joining the club, especially through ordering season tickets, the key reason being that the proceeds of your season ticket and membership go directly to the club. Individual match day ticket purchases incur additional fees from the agents."

• Like 1

Just on the subject of membership generally, I'm interested to see that Adelaide United now differentiate between Season Ticket Holders and Members, as per the following from their club website:

Membership is a matter of choice and about being respected, and we respect every member’s right to choose the category which best suits them.

The club is committed to growing its membership base and to that end has established Adelaide United Members Club (AUMC) Inc. complete with voting rights. It provides a sense of ownership, of being able to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and being part of a member based entity. As an Incorporated Not for Profit Entity, the club can now apply for Government Grants. In addition, it can also join Clubs SA and receive all associated benefits.

We have included the option to join AUMC Inc. as part of the packages. Not everyone wants to; some will just want access to matches. Thus there were two clear options both independent of each other – a) a Season Ticket, and B) an Adelaide United Members Club Inc. Financial Membership.

We appeal to all fans to consider joining the club, especially through ordering season tickets, the key reason being that the proceeds of your season ticket and membership go directly to the club. Individual match day ticket purchases incur additional fees from the agents."

Yes, definitely should be a distinction between buying a season ticket and being a financial member. Would be interesting to know how much influence these financial members have when exercising their votes. Is your voting strength dependent on how much capital you have invested in the club? I would guess so. Then how much of the club can be owned by these financial members and how much by established large investors? Anyway, HeartFC were also looking at a similar model a few years ago when they asked for expressions of interest from us season ticket holders but the idea hasn't progressed. Edited by HEARTinator

A cushion seems appropriate considering Adelaide Utd supporters take it up the bum! It also cushions the pain when Yarraside screams "Sit down, shut up!" when they have the nerve to steal our oxygen at AAMI Park...Maybe they can include gargantuan condoms in the deal, that way the dickheads among them have a fucking nice hat to wear...

• Like 1

A cushion seems appropriate considering Adelaide Utd supporters take it up the bum! It also cushions the pain when Yarraside screams "Sit down, shut up!" when they have the nerve to steal our oxygen at AAMI Park...Maybe they can include gargantuan condoms in the deal, that way the dickheads among them have a fucking nice hat to wear...

You tell 'em, mate.

escalated quickly.....

Ahahahahahaha, best rant of the year award goes to this post

We have included the option to join AUMC Inc. as part of the packages. Not everyone wants to; some will just want access to matches. Thus there were two clear options both independent of each other – a) a Season Ticket, and B) an Adelaide United Members Club Inc. Financial Membership.

Yes, definitely should be a distinction between buying a season ticket and being a financial member. Would be interesting to know how much influence these financial members have when exercising their votes. Is your voting strength dependent on how much capital you have invested in the club? I would guess so. Then how much of the club can be owned by these financial members and how much by established large investors? Anyway, HeartFC were also looking at a similar model a few years ago when they asked for expressions of interest from us season ticket holders but the idea hasn't progressed.

I recall this being brought up and the club is keen to do it, but last I recall was the club had to be financially stable. i.e.: 10K+ members.

Someone out for the season...

Engelaar

Its Hoffman. He's lost faith in the club cause there's no support around him on the pitch to work his magic.

Don't worry we all believe in his magic. How he has convinced JVS, JA and the rest of the coaching staff to keep him is nothing short of sorcery :)

• Like 1