Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

I've also come across a lot of Internet advertising 

Yeah so have I, on the world game and there was one random place which I cant remember what site....But it might have been a locational add type program on the website

I guess that it's cookies (although I don't understand how they work). I've the seen the Heart ads multiple times on an NBA website, where users are mostly American, so the club wouldn't be targeting them. 

692fa9b53ec15905d2615ad71086dfa6.png

Interesting use of 'victory' as well haha

I've also come across a lot of Internet advertising

Yeah so have I, on the world game and there was one random place which I cant remember what site....But it might have been a locational add type program on the website

I guess that it's cookies (although I don't understand how they work). I've the seen the Heart ads multiple times on an NBA website, where users are mostly American, so the club wouldn't be targeting them.

692fa9b53ec15905d2615ad71086dfa6.png

Interesting use of 'victory' as well haha

They use the ip of your computer to use localized advertising. So the American users would see a different ad altogether.

Every single prick reading this post should go out and sign up as many of their friends, family, workmates, sporting team mates, homeless people etc as you possibly can. Be that annoying heart fan who won't shut the fuck up. Would be incredible to get around 7,000 members by the start of the season. It's only like 50 a day :up:

• Like 1

My mate has been nagging me to join crossfit (like fitness boot camp) for a while (hes hooked).. he came to a few heart matches with me last season. I told him today if he signs on as a heart member I'll match his investment in crossfit sessions for myself. One more for the tally fellas

• Like 3

I've been trying to convince my mate to try and sign up all off-season. Safe to say he has been very resistant so far, so to help convince him i tied him up and locked him in my basement. I've told him the only way to get out it to sign up as a heart member. Give me 2-3 days and we'll add another one to the tally :up:

We start the week on 3652 on the counter. Let's see where we are this time next week.

I'm wondering whether the explanation of how the counter works is as follows? On-line renewals/joins are counted straight away. However, quite a few people don't like doing financial transactions on-line, so they fill out the application form and pay by cheque/credit card by post, or renew/join over the 'phone. These off-line additions will be made periodically - possibly explaining how there are large incremental jumps form time to time.

We start the week on 3652 on the counter. Let's see where we are this time next week.

I'm wondering whether the explanation of how the counter works is as follows? On-line renewals/joins are counted straight away. However, quite a few people don't like doing financial transactions on-line, so they fill out the application form and pay by cheque/credit card by post, or renew/join over the 'phone. These off-line additions will be made periodically - possibly explaining how there are large incremental jumps form time to time.

I'd say this is spot on.

I'd say this is spot on.

agreed, there certainly have been some interesting jumps in membership number.

Melbourne Heart appear to be advertising through Google. This is how Google ads work: "when people search on Google using one of your keywords [e.g. 'Melbourne Heart'], your ad may appear next to the search results. Now you're advertising to an audience that's already interested in you.' (https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=adwords&continue=https://adwords.google.com/um/gaiaauth?apt%3DNone%26ltmpl%3Djfk&hl=en_AU&ltmpl=jfk&passive=86400&skipvpage=true&sacu=1&sarp=1&sourceid=awo&subid=au-ww-et-nelson_adshp_lrn)

Smart targeted advertising IMO.

• Like 1

Also, I guess a lot of people are in the boat that I'm in, that is, basically waiting for my tax return to come in and I'm signed up immediately.

Do the payment plan mate, having to pay 12 bucks a week for a membership works out so much better than paying straight up, especially the fact i can't afford it straight up due to the fact i'm only working part-time