Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

Last year's August 16th was 50 days from the season, whereas this year's is 61 days...so it's also nice to look at that factor too, I think the JVS arrival will also spark a few members. Nothing like Engelaar or Kewell, but a few

I Rememver at the first derby I went too I was sitting next to these old Dutch dudes, who I never saw again after that. They will be back :P

Last year's August 16th was 50 days from the season, whereas this year's is 61 days...so it's also nice to look at that factor too, I think the JVS arrival will also spark a few members. Nothing like Engelaar or Kewell, but a few

errm hopefully none of our 'supporters' were depending on JVS returning to sign up as members... 

What I meant was, there will be a few people who wouldn't sign up this year because of our performance last year and lack of direction, but the reintroduction of JVS would probably provide a new found optimism about the club's upcoming season and the ambition not saying many, I'd say a few like 30-70 odd

What I meant was, there will be a few people who wouldn't sign up this year because of our performance last year and lack of direction, but the reintroduction of JVS would probably provide a new found optimism about the club's upcoming season and the ambition not saying many, I'd say a few like 30-70 odd

Plus the signing of 2 quality dutch players. Maybe tapping into the dutch market? Im of dutch heritage so im stoked

I think tonight they'll sign up afew hundred if they have booths open at the game :D

Emma from heart HQ has been to every pre season game so far signing up people... if you see a cutie in a black MHFC jacket, say hi :D

How did you get one of those jackets?

• Like 1

I think tonight they'll sign up afew hundred if they have booths open at the game :D

Emma from heart HQ has been to every pre season game so far signing up people... if you see a cutie in a black MHFC jacket, say hi :D

How did you get one of those jackets?

Ease up, i'm taken... ;)

There will be no cheeky cigarette's tonight... LOL!!

Edited by Deviate

Your 10am membership update: 3912.

15 more than yesterday morning. We need to hit 4150 by August 30th to stay 500 ahead of last season.

Last Season # Vs this season

3,300 August  16th  Vs 3800

3,650 August  30th

4,000 Sept.    12th

4,750 October 4th (day before round 1)

love this post. 

• Like 1

Your 10am membership update: 3912.

15 more than yesterday morning. We need to hit 4150 by August 30th to stay 500 ahead of last season.

Last Season # Vs this season

3,300 August  16th  Vs 3800

3,650 August  30th

4,000 Sept.    12th

4,750 October 4th (day before round 1)

was up 9 from the 10am just a minute ago and you can finally +2 with my memberships, so hopefully todays increment is a gooden  :lawl::up:

In comparison to other clubs...

Adelaide: 3653 (From their supporters site. Not sure how recent.)

Brisbane: 4000

Central Coast: 3515 (From yesterday.)

Melbourne: 3921

Visitors: 16103

Newcastle: 7500

Perth: 0

Sydney: 7602

W. Sydney: 15000

Wellington: 2480

These are the most recent membership updates from each club.
  • Like 2

In comparison to other clubs...

Adelaide: 3653 (From their supporters site. Not sure how recent.)

Brisbane: 4000

Central Coast: 3515 (From yesterday.)

Melbourne: 3921

Visitors: 16103

Newcastle: 7500

Perth: 0

Sydney: 7602

W. Sydney: 15000

Wellington: 2480

These are the most recent membership updates from each club.

Cheers.

Good to see us competing with Brisbane and Central Coast; two of the most successful A-L clubs of recent times (albeit not from football hotspots).

We need that striker signing.

But we also need, each pre-season (not just this one) more games in Melbourne against better-quality opposition, at decent KO times and at grounds that are adequately serviced by public transport, if we are going to stimulate interest in the club.

I don't see this as meaning that we stop the "community" matches at Shepparton, Lismore or wherever - there's no conflict. We just need to play more pre-season games to get the fans interested again.

And we do need to seriously consider a match against a quality overseas club in due course.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1