Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

17 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Id be very curious to see the numbers who cancel membership if Joyce is extended. Hope I am wrong, but I fully expect it to be just a whole lot of hot internet air and come the crunch, which actually requires effort.....

I wouldn't be surprised if the auto renewals are activated before an announcement about Joyce will be made, sneaky but this how we seem to operate.

I actually think he will get a 1 year deal.

Most current supporters will be there round 1. 

This forum will become to hard to continue too visit due to the endless negativity. 

I genuinely hope all 3 scenarios don't eventuate. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I actually think he will get a 1 year deal.

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

In every dispute between Joyce and the players and between Joyce and the assistant coaches, CFG (most likely Marwood) has backed Joyce.

What is the point of CFG backing Joyce so strongly for 2 years if they don't believe he is the coach to take the team forward?

1 hour ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

In every dispute between Joyce and the players and between Joyce and the assistant coaches, CFG (most likely Marwood) has backed Joyce.

What is the point of CFG backing Joyce so strongly for 2 years if they don't believe he is the coach to take the team forward?

Marwoord personally appointed Joyce. If Joyce goes it means that Marwoord fucked up. No corporate boss wants to be embarrassed making a bad decision....

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Id be very curious to see the numbers who cancel membership if Joyce is extended. Hope I am wrong, but I fully expect it to be just a whole lot of hot internet air and come the crunch, which actually requires effort.....

This is one reason why I’ve never signed up for auto renew.

i wanted to be in the position of confirming my ongoing relationship with the club, not being taken for granted.

Mark Bosnich says Warren Joyce needs to rethink his style if he remains at Melbourne City
A-League

Carly Adno

May 6, 2019

It remains to be seen whether or not Warren Joyce will stay at Melbourne City.
It remains to be seen whether or not Warren Joyce will stay at Melbourne City.Source: AAP
Mark Bosnich says Warren Joyce needs to have a “complete rethink” about his football style if the Melbourne City coach remains at the club.

City were beaten in extra time by Adelaide United in their elimination final, capping off another overall disappointing season.

It remains to be seen whether or not Joyce will stay on the club, but either way Bosnich says City have “a lot of thinking to do”.

With the talent and resources at the City Group’s disposal, the club has again failed to live up to expectations.

“If they do decide to stay with him (Joyce), I believe he needs to have a complete rethink about the way he plays football as well, because some of the football they played towards the end of the season was very good, but the vast majority of the season it was very difficult to watch,” Bosnich said on Fox Sports’ A-League Hour.

“I think they’ve gone backwards this season. Last season they finished third, got knocked out in the semi-final by Newcastle — another major disappointment.

“This season fifth, had problems with the Fornaroli thing, had problems with turnover of players, and also settling on a fixed side.

“They’ve got a lot of thinking to do. I always like to give coaches, no matter who they are, three years. If they decide to go that way he’s got to start like a rocket next season or there will be trouble. Unless they turn around and say we want to go a completely different way, because once again on the biggest stage when it really mattered … (they) were a complete disappointment.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/mark-bosnich-says-warren-joyce-needs-to-rethink-his-style-if-he-remains-at-melbourne-city/news-story/128177d4bf9f20aa9258f02075971597

2 minutes ago, playmaker said:

What's irritating is that he always says 'everyone is flat out'. Flat out doing what? Just because you are flat out doing stuff doesn't mean you are efficiently doing the right thing!

This guy is deluded.

I think he says that they are "flat", i.e. dejected after losing to Adelaide.

I just hope it's Davutovic finding something to pad out his article, but to comment that " City's choice will be swayed by what's (sic) available" worries me. There's a lot of football clubs out there and a lot of senior coaches and managers. It seems to me that there are a lot more "available" than a handful of names that we have already heard of. And the thought that Petrillo is still there with his bizarre recruiting efforts... FMD, surely we can cast our net far wider?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harrison said:

Today’s Herald Sun. 

D7BB5265-B1DF-4995-8D00-7A3602608E60.jpeg

"This time last year it could have secured Tony Popovic, ...."

Backs up all that we've been saying. That CFG/Marwood stuck with Joyce is beyond words. It was pretty evident last season that Wazza was not cutting it. This is what you get when on the other side of the world CFG HQ is busy on other matters related to Manchester  and Abu Dhabi and not on what's happening down under. Marwood should be apologising to fans for this cock up. There is no 'dilemma' surrounding Wazza - his time is up. It was up last season.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Didn't exist. Smokescreen to pretend that we did a world-wide search.

Probably fkn spot on @jw1739

😣 imminent Joyce extension.

In reality, a lot of media coverage is leaning against Joyce. I feel Adelaide was really bare minimum, and it was a shite outing. Pack yer bags sonnyjim. 

even if he's offered a contract extension, who's to say he'll even want to stay?

plying away in a second-rate league in a foreign country at a club whose fans pretty much universally hate you would be a difficult sell I'd imagine

4 minutes ago, Nate said:

even if he's offered a contract extension, who's to say he'll even want to stay?

plying away in a second-rate league in a foreign country at a club whose fans pretty much universally hate you would be a difficult sell I'd imagine

He seems to be too proud to let that get to him. What is most important is that 'he knows' what is going on despite the speculation in public and that he can have his head held up high.

1 hour ago, Nate said:

This is this blokes last chance of a senior gig. If he gets axed or walks who is going to look at him. Maybe League 2 but even then I'm not so sure. 

I hope to treat this Joyce period like that time I woke up next to the extremely weight challenged Sandra Adamson after a few too many at a party: lets bury the memory as quickly as possible and pretend it never happened.