Melbourne Football

Andrew Redmayne

Murfy1

I highly rate Redders, he bas a lot of potential. I admit though he has had some horrible games under JA this season. He also seems to be the slowest of all the players to reverse the damage that JA did to each of them.

agreed, but he just needs to be given a little patience, as confidence is a big thing with players - and especially GK's. 

if we can prove to him that we trust, believe in him etc, he should be fine. 

I highly rate Redders, he bas a lot of potential. I admit though he has had some horrible games under JA this season. He also seems to be the slowest of all the players to reverse the damage that JA did to each of them.

agreed, but he just needs to be given a little patience, as confidence is a big thing with players - and especially GK's.

I also reckon he suffers from a little bit of complacency. When tandos your back up, redders realises that he has to have a major fuck-up before he gets dragged. redders realises that he only has to perform servicebly to keep his starting spot. Lets be honest, we'll never see tando in a heart game unless redders gets a red.

I also reckon he suffers from a little bit of complacency. When tandos your back up, redders realises that he has to have a major fuck-up before he gets dragged. redders realises that he only has to perform servicebly to keep his starting spot. Lets be honest, we'll never see tando in a heart game unless redders gets a red.

i would have to agree - but do you really expect a better reserve keeper than Tando in the A-League? 

my point is that unless we had someone really pushing for Redders' place, there is every chance he could become complacent. 

I thought he'd been injured (I'm fairly sure he is) but memory serves he played 15 minutes off the bench during the middle of the National Youth League season. Marco Stevanja may not have even turned 18 yet (he was 17 at the end of last year) so he's a pretty good long term prospect and he impressed me as much as Tando did whenever I saw him in goals. Phil Petrovski will play at Moreland again this year, presumably, and get some more good experience.

Redmayne. On. Fire. This guy has been dominating lately.

The only mishap tonight was when he nearly rolled his ankle in the dead grass patch at the Yarraside end. I blame the grass.

Also to those Redmayne haters who want to see Velaphi get a gig:

MV rate Lawrence Thomas ahead of Tando. That's the skill level of Tando. He is worse that Thomas.

• Like 1

Redmayne. On. Fire. This guy has been dominating lately.

The only mishap tonight was when he nearly rolled his ankle in the dead grass patch at the Yarraside end. I blame the grass.

Also to those Redmayne haters who want to see Velaphi get a gig:

MV rate Lawrence Thomas ahead of Tando. That's the skill level of Tando. He is worse that Thomas.

hardly touched the ball tonight?

I don't see Redmayne as a good or even adequate goalkeeper. Every time the ball is passed back to him I get very nervous. Keep waiting for him to miss it and let it roll into the net, fumble it in front of an attacker, kick it out to the opposition or just kick it out of bounds. And he always seems to want to fiddle around. Even the few times he had the ball last night showed all of this and the time he fell over was absolute stupidity. Sure the ground was crap but why was he even "dribbling" the ball. He has all the basic skills but just does not have that extra something. I know it's "only the A-league" but would expect more from a goalkeeper - and hope we get it next year.

• Like 2

His handling was OK, but it's not just Redders who makes me nervous. We start moving the ball backwards and we inevitably start to get ourselves into trouble. While we were 2-0 up last night just one Victory goal would have turned the game. The euphoria over the win masks some instances of very poor control and passing in midfield, Murdocca and Kalmar among the guilty.

• Like 1

His handling was OK, but it's not just Redders who makes me nervous. We start moving the ball backwards and we inevitably start to get ourselves into trouble. While we were 2-0 up last night just one Victory goal would have turned the game. The euphoria over the win masks some instances of very poor control and passing in midfield, Murdocca and Kalmar among the guilty.

When the player who receives the ball from Redmayne has no forward option then the onus is on the midfield players to move into a position to receive the ball, this hardly happens for long periods of the game and once passed back the opposition press usually tightens, making it harder next time

I'm happy to wait and see with this. I thought he was one of our players in the early stages of this season and it's pretty tough to argue with three straight clean sheet wins. It always seems to be an adventure trying to keep the other team out after going one or two ahead and Redmayne's a big part of those nervous moments. I think he's a divisive figure, because he always gives the impression that a howler is around the corner.

I would say, I wish they'd not go quite so defensive with the back passes when they've got the advantage, if for no other reason than it would stop the pissed up dickhead who sits somewhere in my area screaming 'Redmayne's open...Redmayne's open...Yeah!!!' 20 times every game when they play it back to him and think he's killing it like Dave Chappelle in front of a packed house or something. Yeah, it's not quite as funny (if it ever was) when the team's put in 19 goals in the past seven weeks, you berk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Redders out at the Hawthorn last night. Clearly lacking confidence, pulling 17 year old birds who would be a max 4/10. 

Said he couldn't say anything in regards to colour change. 

LOL - 17 year old birds at the Hawthorn...

It seems nothing has changed about that place in the eight years I have been absent. :up:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I still can't believe he celebrated with two fist pumps after pulling the bird.

Tando > Redders.

Redders with his pathetic pickup record is just taking his turn to totally ruin the facade of what we all thought was the perfect life of a Professional Footballer.

Still not as depressing as Maycon's constant Cityville Requests. :up:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

Tando > Redders.

Redders with his pathetic pickup record is just taking his turn to totally ruin the facade of what we all thought was the perfect life of a Professional Footballer.

rofl, fucking Maycon. He legit played Cityville all day when he wasn't training.

TBH having his Brazilian compatriot Fred on facebook also was pretty facade ruining, and this is a guy who would have made decent $$$ during his career unlike Maycon, but all he ever posted on facebook were photos of him and his family living a fairly middle class (at best) lifestyle.

I think being Brazilian makes it worse, they come from fucking ghettos and so for them almost anything is a glamorous life, that's why there are so many Brazilians that could be playing for pretty much any club in the world end up playing in Ukraine or Russia for the money. Russia and Ukraine must be glamorous as fuck compared to Brazil.

Not just players though, seeing Scott Munn driving a fairly average sedan insured there was no facade about a football CEO's life.

Edited by Tesla

Tando > Redders.

rofl, fucking Maycon. He legit played Cityville all day when he wasn't training.

TBH having his Brazilian compatriot Fred on facebook also was pretty facade ruining, and this is a guy who would have made decent $$$ during his career unlike Maycon, but all he ever posted on facebook were photos of him and his family living a fairly middle class (at best) lifestyle.

I think being Brazilian makes it worse, they come from fucking ghettos and so for them almost anything is a glamorous life, that's why there are so many Brazilians that could be playing for pretty much any club in the world end up playing in Ukraine or Russia for the money. Russia and Ukraine must be glamorous as fuck compared to Brazil.

Not just players though, seeing Scott Munn driving a fairly average sedan insured there was no facade about a football CEO's life.

Fred actually explained the main reason why Brazilians travel so far and wide to play football on SEN once... its because in South America if a team is not performing often the club "forgets" to play its players.

I remember Maycon when he first arrived actually posted a pic of him standing next to a standard Speedbike (Probablly something like a base model Ninja) at Heildelberg Village Shopping Centre as if he standing in front of a Formula One car or something.

• Like 1