Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of companies like that are actually Australian owned but have links and offices in Asia. They also operate throughout Asia and in doing so connect with the Asian market here and abroad by having all their written advertisement in both English and more often thatn not Chinese. In saying that it may be an Asian based business for all I know. 

Gui Finkler on his way out from Victory ???

FUMING Melbourne Victory attacker Gui Finkler looks set to leave the club at the end of the season after coach Kevin Muscat revealed he would again be axed for the Asian Champions League.

Defender Matthieu Delpierre is the shock visa inclusion.

Star winger Fahid Ben Khalfallah is also distraught at his omission, with Kiwi winger Kosta Barbarouses picked ahead of him and Finkler.

Albanian striker Besart Berisha was the third overseas player selected.

Champions League rules allow for only three visa players to be included in the squad.

Muscat informed the players during one-on-one meetings before training on Tuesday.

Finkler's first Asian heartbreak came in 2014 when he recovered from a knee reconstruction and hit form but was one of the visa players sacrificed from the final squad *behind Barbarouses, Pablo Contreras and Adama Traore.

His contract expires at the end of the season and it?s understood he will consider options at rival clubs and overseas. The Brazilian starred in Saturday night?s derby despite playing with painkillers, and should have been awarded a second goal when his free kick crossed the line after hitting the underside of the bar.

Speaking after the 2-2 draw, Finkler told the Herald Sun he was desperate to play in the Champions League after his 2014 heartbreak.

Everyone wants to be involved. It?s a great competition to play. Western Sydney did a good job, so everybody wants to be involved and I'm no different, so we?ll see how it goes on Tuesday,?? Finkler, 30, said.

It?s not easy for him (Muscat). All the foreigners have played week in, week out, so it?s going to be a big decision and I reckon he hasn?t slept well recently.

Muscat said it had been a tough call.

Obviously it was a very tough decision to leave Fahid and Gui out of the squad,? he said. ?The two foreign players who missed out were always going to be disappointed, but unfortunately we are restricted by how many we can select.

We had to choose the most balanced squad which we believe will give us the best chance of competing in both competitions.

Muscat and Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold had held off making the call until the 11th hour, taking the unprecedented step of not naming their visa players when the original squads were submitted a month ago.

Arnold omitted Slovakian attacker Filip Holosko and Senegalese stopper Jacques Faty, preferring Serb pair Milos Ninkovic and Milos Dimitrijevic and midfielder Mickael Tavares.

VICTORY has responded to Football Federation Australia?s flares show-cause notice a day early, delivering the document last night.

The club *expects to learn its fate on Wednesday.

david.davutovic@news.com.au

I don't know enough about the inner dealings of their club but has gui actually expressed his anger at the decision? Seems David is simply talking shit to make it sound more dramatic than it really is. Just a side note as well good job Davutovic on adding the flares saga into the article. Couldn't the article simply be about football. Shit for brains. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I don't know enough about the inner dealings of their club but has gui actually expressed his anger at the decision? Seems David is simply talking shit to make it sound more dramatic than it really is. Just a side note as well good job Davutovic on adding the flares saga into the article. Couldn't the article simply be about football. Shit for brains. 

Don't tell me you're accusing davutovic of being apart of the 'anti football' media because he mentioned the flares

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Don't tell me you're accusing davutovic of being apart of the 'anti football' media because he mentioned the flares

My point is I'm disappointed with him mentioning them in an article that has nothing to do with it. What his purpose/agenda or lack thereof may be doesn't really interest me. Him adding that in there says that football = flares. The sooner we remove this stigma the better. Articles like this don't help. 

Edited by n i k o

Just now, n i k o said:

My point is I'm disappointed with him mentioning them in an article that has nothing to do with it. What his purpose/agenda or lack thereof may be doesn't really interest me. Him adding that in there says that everything about football = flares. The sooner we remove this stigma the better. Articles like this don't help. 

I really don't think it makes a difference anymore. The damage has been done

53 minutes ago, raw10 said:

Trolling their north terrace fb page atm. They are fighting amongst themselves over their flares incidents..  Lol... Flogs! They don't even have the guts to condemn their own fans. 

But it's not their fault, they've been victimised by the media and FFA. Lel

3 hours ago, raw10 said:

Trolling their north terrace fb page atm. They are fighting amongst themselves over their flares incidents..  Lol... Flogs! They don't even have the guts to condemn their own fans. 

The thing I found interesting about this is that they have behaved pretty much the sane ad they always did. Thuggery and letting of flares was just typical behaviour, but thanks to their cousins in Western Sydney the FFA has finally had a gutful of their anti-social behaviour & something is finally being done.

6 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

The thing I found interesting about this is that they have behaved pretty much the sane ad they always did. Thuggery and letting of flares was just typical behaviour, but thanks to their cousins in Western Sydney the FFA has finally had a gutful of their anti-social behaviour & something is finally being done.

Which thuggery ? 

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Which thuggery ? 

At that game assaults on the cameraman and the police (as reported in the media).

At other times well there was the assault at the imp and the knife fight or whatever it was with the WSW fans and a whole host of events that @cadeteoften refers to and (because of his general style etc) I have chosen to accept as "fair dinkum", without need for greater evidence (not having been present).

11 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

At that game assaults on the cameraman and the police (as reported in the media).

At other times well there was the assault at the imp and the knife fight or whatever it was with the WSW fans and a whole host of events that @cadeteoften refers to and (because of his general style etc) I have chosen to accept as "fair dinkum", without need for greater evidence (not having been present).

I'd question anyone who takes tabloid media as gospel tbh particularly considering some of their noted exaggerations in the past 

32 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'd question anyone who takes tabloid media as gospel tbh particularly considering some of their noted exaggerations in the past 

I know what you're saying, but If it fits what I already know about a group I tend to accept it easier. Those recent accusations are completely inline with their previous behaviour.

For the record it's because of those animals that I support City (& Heart before it).

Edited by Shahanga
Grammar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Man, you should have seen this one time pigs2 laid out like 5 of the dudes.

Full crouching tiger hidden pig style.    All the way from the slums of shaolin.

21 minutes ago, malloy said:

I take it this is you volunteering to be front and centre when victory turn up at the pub next time throwing flares and out numbering City supporters 2 to 1. 

Cheers mate.

2 to 1 is being generous. One time at an NPL game it was closer to 5-1 and to quote them from the evening they are "the biggest street gang in Melbourne"

• Like 1