Melbourne Football

Western Sydney

LR9

Have not been able to find much about it in the news but pretty interested in the talks of them being sold. Club reportedly being bought for 15 mil by a wealthy Chinese businessman who has already sunk a lot of money into the Wanderers.

Not sure if any Wanderers supporters still frequent this forum, but would be interested to hear their thoughts on it.

• Like 1

Have not been able to find much about it in the news but pretty interested in the talks of them being sold. Club reportedly being bought for 15 mil by a wealthy Chinese businessman who has already sunk a lot of money into the Wanderers.

Not sure if any Wanderers supporters still frequent this forum, but would be interested to hear their thoughts on it.

Seems to be a bid from a 3 man consortium who are all involved with the club already. Primo Smallgoods boss Paul Lederer, Pirtek founder Peter Duncan and a 'mystery' Chinese businessman..

As for a time frime, "there is a chance the deal could be completed as early as March but if the FFA is not satisfied with the arrangement, a sale may be held off until the end of the season."

Seems to be a bid from a 3 man consortium who are all involved with the club already. Primo Smallgoods boss Paul Lederer, Pirtek founder Peter Duncan and a 'mystery' Chinese businessman..

As for a time frime, "there is a chance the deal could be completed as early as March but if the FFA is not satisfied with the arrangement, a sale may be held off until the end of the season."

Hi all haven't been here in a while, but saw the need for thought so I'm happy to oblige.

All in all, a three group consortium is good news for us, not bad in any stretch, so I'm happy with this personally

Lederer is on the board at the moment, as well as sponsoring the club through Primo. His wealth is approx $630 million, obviously we won't be able to tap into all that but he is a football and a supporter, was before he even had a stake, and this is when he had a hand in the Mariners.

The Chinese business can't be bad. He won't have full control over the club seeing as its a three group consortium, he should have money and highlights how there is international interest in the club. Could begin a good relationship overseas.

With the Pirtek guy, I'll weigh into this as both an Eels and Wanderers fan.

With the Eels, many people on the outside saw a man who kept trying to meddle in the club, change things, meddle with the board and eventually left halfway through a season.

As an Eels fan Duncan from Pirtek had his hand in the eels largely trying to save the club from extinction. He kept trying to meddle with the board because at the eels, the board needs to go. Far far away. It has destroyed anything the club has left, identity is the last, and that might go if we move to ANZ. He fixed up Jarryd Hayne when he started to go a bit off the rails, kicked some board members back into place and kicked the arses of anything in the board who was fucking up. 

He stuck with the eels when they were having some shocking off and on the field dramas. So bad that we wouldn't have even got a sponsor at all if Pirtek left.

Eventually Duncan had enough, didn't want his brand tarnished anymore, and sponsored the stadium, just to keep his name in the local economy he bases himself out of. He sponsors the WSW now, has a Wandergoals scheme, any goal is $1000 toward a charity (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/wswanderersfc/news-display/Pirtek-Wander-Goals-help-Neurodegenerative-Disorders/77297) and tries to shoot as much as he can into the local economy (through stadium and funding on matchdays).

The fact he'd like to own the club is a good sign, In my opinion.

All in all I'm happy with the sale. Stable (it seems) and will provide a good base for us to move forward as a club

• Like 5

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/victory-and-wanderers-charged/82204

Somewhat ironic. FFA charging the club that they own and run.

Pretty ridiculous really as the only reason this has happened is because the events that took place were so public/visible. Virtually every game Victory play against a club with a semi-decent sized supporter base their fans/roving groups of miscreant gronks 'bring the game into disrepute' by targeting opposition fans.  (PS anybody who thinks this isn't true, you know fuck all about it and neck yaself :up: )

Not surprising, just a fucking joke is all. 

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING - @wswanderersfc marquee Shinji Ono is reportedly set to leave the club at the end of the season to join Japan's Consadole Sapporo

Surprised by this but i take it they must have something in the works to get another big name player? They wouldn't just let him leave without a replacement.

Edited by kingofhearts

Just a note:

If anybody here is 1) surprised by this 2)Thinks this is an isolated incident 3) claiming an anti-sokkah media beat up 4)thinking of making excuses for it by posting how often people get assaulted at other sporting matches/codes, please kindly remove your head from your ass and wake up.

Cheers :up:

• Like 5

Just a note:If anybody here is 1) surprised by this 2)Thinks this is an isolated incident 3) claiming an anti-sokkah media beat up 4)thinking of making excuses for it by posting how often people get assaulted at other sporting matches/codes, please kindly remove your head from your ass and wake up.Cheers :up: But Mr Braveheart,

Three Blokes and a Donkey got thrown out at last years Cessnock Cup...

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Isolated incident :)

Time for the FFA to take points of these cunts me thinks.

Were the people involved wanderers fans?

Who are the witnesses?

How did the witnesses identify them as members of AMOK?

Was this incident related to the game? And if not should the clubs be punished or the individuals only or both?

^^^^And there in lies the danger of a points penalty. 

AMOK was in Adelaide with the rest of us.....so who knows.

What's stopping a bunch of HCS who are just fucktards and got themselves beat up by another group of testosterone fueled adolescents simply blaming their biggest local rival for a shit stir. I don't know what happened, but the authorities need to be 100% certain before we cop any unjust penalty.

^^^^And there in lies the danger of a points penalty. 

AMOK was in Adelaide with the rest of us.....so who knows.

What's stopping a bunch of HCS who are just fucktards and got themselves beat up by another group of testosterone fueled adolescents simply blaming their biggest local rival for a shit stir. I don't know what happened, but the authorities need to be 100% certain before we cop any unjust penalty.

Your version of events seems inconsitent with the ramblings of other WSW fans in other parts of The Internet.

• Like 3

Haven't heard or read anything else on the net contrary to my statement. Although I don't frequent TCA or whatever it's latest incarnation is.

Sadly a lot your less intelligent and more hostile supporters do frequent these seedier parts of the Online Aussie Sokka Community,

Ferran Soriano, Manchester City’s chief executive, says there were other factors in Melbourne’s favour too: a strong A-League regulatory framework, the option to help build up the developing competition and the relative lack of corruption – compared to many leagues in this part of the world – in the Australian game.

‘‘The league here is well organised and the restrictions that it has (salary cap, rules on squad sizes and number of foreign players) are positive,’’Soriano says.
‘‘There are other leagues where this does not exist, and there is corruption. We are early in the history of the league, and maybe we can help develop it. We have experience in the Premier League, but Txiki Begiristain (City’s Director of Football) and I have been with Barcelona as well. We never considered Western Sydney."

• 2 weeks later...

THE sale of Western Sydney Wanderers should be approved a fortnight from Monday, with the third backer behind the consortium of new owners revealed to be a Filipino-Chinese businessman already investing heavily in western Sydney youth football.

Football Federation Australia's board is due to meet on February 15 when it should be able to give final approval of the $12 million sale to a consortium led by Primo Smallgoods boss Paul Lederer, Pirtek founder Peter Duncan and Jefferson Cheng, president of Philippine Airport Ground Support Solutions.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/sale-of-western-sydney-wanderers-should-be-soon-approved-as-mebrahtu-and-mullen-sign-on/story-e6frf4gl-1226816205100

Ferran Soriano, Manchester City’s chief executive, says there were other factors in Melbourne’s favour too: a strong A-League regulatory framework, the option to help build up the developing competition and the relative lack of corruption – compared to many leagues in this part of the world – in the Australian game.

‘‘The league here is well organised and the restrictions that it has (salary cap, rules on squad sizes and number of foreign players) are positive,’’Soriano says.

‘‘There are other leagues where this does not exist, and there is corruption. We are early in the history of the league, and maybe we can help develop it. We have experience in the Premier League, but Txiki Begiristain (City’s Director of Football) and I have been with Barcelona as well. We never considered Western Sydney."

Lucky Western Sydney dont need to change their main colours to Sky blue :ph34r:

Lucky Western Sydney dont need to change their main colours to Sky blue :ph34r:

here we go...

In my view smart move by WSW picking up 3 guys outside of the cap to play ACL.  I haven't seen the ACL draw, but I assume that like other seasons they will find themselves playing finals and ACL at the same time?  Pretty tough with the thin A league squads.  These 3 guys will help give them the depth to cope.

Whether they are the right 3 remains to be seen though.

In my view smart move by WSW picking up 3 guys outside of the cap to play ACL.  I haven't seen the ACL draw, but I assume that like other seasons they will find themselves playing finals and ACL at the same time?  Pretty tough with the thin A league squads.  These 3 guys will help give them the depth to cope.

Whether they are the right 3 remains to be seen though.

Think if you look back it's fairly common for additional players to be signed for the ACL. Before he came to us David Williams was one such (signed by Sydney).