Melbourne Football

Western Sydney

LR9

How much do the Fox Sports commentators love the RBB? They actually recognised that they were singing a new chant. They'd never care if it were any other supporters let alone comment on what other teams' fans were singing or chanting.

There's obviously been several more instances of them praising the WSW supporters but this one was a first. It's not like these guys revolutionalised anything in terms of active support. Just improving.

How much do the Fox Sports commentators love the RBB? They actually recognised that they were singing a new chant. They'd never care if it were any other supporters let alone comment on what other teams' fans were singing or chanting.

There's obviously been several more instances of them praising the WSW supporters but this one was a first. It's not like these guys revolutionalised anything in terms of active support. Just improving.

This irked me a little too. 

There is no denying that the RBB aren't the the best in the league for active support (I only mean best from an atmospheric perspective) but you're right, it's not revolutionary by any stretch of the imagination.

Yarraside really ought to be commended for their showing on Friday night in spite of an insipid result/performance.

• 1 month later...

Spot on Ando. I get hassled trying to get into the active area and a couple of weeks ago even had ACG trying to have a go at me to show a ticket when walking my boys up to GA when I had my hands full.

Next time I should wear a WSW top and have my hands full with flares. No problems then.

Spot on Ando. I get hassled trying to get into the active area and a couple of weeks ago even had ACG trying to have a go at me to show a ticket when walking my boys up to GA when I had my hands full.

Next time I should wear a WSW top and have my hands full with flares. No problems then.

Fucking unacceptable... We had a bloke at my work from ACG watching the store whilst construction was taking place nearby.

Saw security footage of him dancing with mannequins, feeling them up n shit and pocketing a few garments. No lies...

Wonder how these muppets get a job

• Like 3

Spot on Ando. I get hassled trying to get into the active area and a couple of weeks ago even had ACG trying to have a go at me to show a ticket when walking my boys up to GA when I had my hands full.

Fucking unacceptable... We had a bloke at my work from ACG watching the store whilst construction was taking place nearby.

Saw security footage of him dancing with mannequins, feeling them up n shit and pocketing a few garments. No lies...

Haha, surely that will/has found its way on YouTube?

Wonder how these muppets get a job :lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

Edited by FB.

Loved this pearler from an ACG bloke @ the derby last week to a Visitors supporter when things were getting a bit heated in the smokers area.

"Dun worry broh, smash him outside of the ground"

• Like 1

Wonder how these muppets get a jobHaha, surely that will/has found its way on YouTube? Unfortunately ACG and VicPol needed it to not only protect us for losses but to present adequate grounds to terminate his employment...

I did have a rather good chuckle at the footage however

I was as upset not to have a hard copy of the footage as all of you... Shame really, he really was a nutjob

Edited by Petercrouch

anyone see this?

beat me to it, was gonna post this. i found it on a fb page called "Bring back the national soccer league" lol

I've been following that page since it started, but the admins on it are the biggest dickheads out. Sure some people are still sour over what happened with the NSL, but the way they go about it is just stupid.

It is true though that the FFA are protecting A-League clubs. If this happened between two ethnic-based teams we wouldn't hear the end of it. Even 7-8 years after the Preston v South incident, they played a state knockout cup match behind closed doors. Watch WSW and Victory get a little slap on the wrist before the media and ffa continue to have a wankfest over their respective fan bases.

• Like 1

WESTERN Sydney Wanderers have stepped up a war of words with Melbourne Victory as the fallout from last weekend's fiery clashes involving both sets of fans continues in a battle of press releases.

"The club fully supports any call for severe sanctioning of any individual identified as being involved in anti-social behaviour and is committed to working in collaboration with the Melbourne Victory Football Club and all relevant stakeholders to identify any individual involved either at the match or in the unfortunate incident triggered by some Melbourne Victory fans at the Wanderers pre-match hotel function,” the statement read.

"While appreciating the difficulties that Melbourne Victory are currently experiencing with its active supporter group remaining on strike because of irreconcilable differences, the Western Sydney Wanderers will not shy away from its full responsibility for the behaviour of any fan that can be directly linked to the club. We have every confidence that Melbourne Victory share these same views."

--------------------------------------------

"The club reaffirms its full support of its 16,700 members who continue to set a new benchmark for fan support in any sporting code in the country and will not let the actions of an absolute minority stand in the way of this recognition," the statement said.

"The 1500 Wanderers fans in attendance at Saturday’s match who demonstrated exemplary behaviour is a greater reflection of the club’s values and culture than the five or six individuals who chose to demonstrate completely unacceptable behaviour.

----------------------------------------------

"The club also further notes that it has a virtually unblemished record of fan behaviour at its matches this year and will be seeking to establish a co-operative and collaborative approach with the Melbourne Victory Football Club to better understand and identify what may have been the catalysts for the events of Saturday and in so doing identify the necessary preventive strategies to ensure that such events do not occur in the future."

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/291232,battle-of-the-press-releases.aspx

Edited by KSK_47

I really do find it weird that these incidents (which were compltelye unacceptable) have gotten so much media attention, but a stabbing in Sydney has received virtually none

I'd probably say that it's because there was no visual media in relation to the stabbing, just a lot of talk and a small police statement.

Whereas the fight had a video taken of it and numerous 'scary looking' photos of the pyro at the game.

I really do find it weird that these incidents (which were compltelye unacceptable) have gotten so much media attention, but a stabbing in Sydney has received virtually none

I'd probably say that it's because there was no visual media in relation to the stabbing, just a lot of talk and a small police statement.

Whereas the fight had a video taken of it and numerous 'scary looking' photos of the pyro at the game.

Add to it the fact that it was in broad daylight and in a very busy part of the cbd. The numbers involved in this were alot more than the sydney incident

This sort of incident is why i have stayed away from football in this country for 35 years, i was born in the U.K. and can honestly say that there was never any football hooliganism at my home club before i came to Australia in 1964.

It was only the forming of the A-league which reawakened my enthusiasm for football, those so called fans should be ashamed of their behaviour and their respective clubs Must take appropriate action to ban anyone causing riotous behavior and i include our own club in this regard, so far we have had fairly well behaved fans both at home and away games. I hope and pray that this kind of thing is not contagious as that would really put an end to the rise of this great game in this country as i said i am thoroughly disgusted by what has happened regardless of whether you like or dislike Flares at the football THEY ARE ILLEGAL end of. Where were the so called security persons to allow these nutjobs to let them enter the ground with flares in the first place, whenever my wife and i enter the ground we have to offer any bags etc for inspection surely the security people are obviously NOT doing their jobs effectively!

Edited by johnno cpfc
  • Like 2

Here's one for all the conspiracy theorists out there regarding the pyro at the MV v WSW fixture. 

- Things kick off early outside the Royal Melbourne Hotel.

- The WSW march was controlled quite tightly by VicPol and funneled through an ACG pat-down outside AAMI Park. 

- RBB lads let off numerous flares and bungers. VicPol and ACG stand idly by. 

Nothing was done during the game because the CCTV at AAMI Park is pretty impressive, so why would ACG bother to wade into that heaving mass of westies? I suspect most of the the RBB lads would've been ID'd nice and early on by the authorities anyway.

I'd be expecting quite a number to be receiving 5 year bans as a result. 

yesitis2.gif?1311943181

• Like 1

Here's one for all the conspiracy theorists out there regarding the pyro at the MV v WSW fixture. 

- The WSW march was controlled quite tightly by VicPol and funneled through an ACG pat-down outside AAMI Park. 

Nothing was done during the game because the CCTV at AAMI Park is pretty impressive, so why would ACG bother to wade into that heaving mass of westies? I suspect most of the the RBB lads would've been ID'd nice and early on by the authorities anyway.

yesitis2.gif?1311943181

I don't believe that a five year ban is enough for what happened both in the city and at the ground and when is this going to take place, we have heard nothing from VicPol or AGC since the match?

yesitis2.gif?1311943181

I don't believe that a five year ban is enough for what happened both in the city and at the ground and when is this going to take place, we have heard nothing from VicPol or AGC since the match?

Three fans have been charged due to the cbd incident and investigations are ongoing. In regards to cpfc ( I'm assuming Crystal Palace) they traditionally have been one of the few teams in the UK not to have had a big hooligan element, however of late there has seen a big rise in the numbers of rogue supporters with a group which I am led to believe are called the "naught forty".