Melbourne Football

The Petrillo Derby vs Adelaide - Sun 16/12 7pm AWAY

neio

50 minutes ago, neio said:

Strong rumours that every single one of CFG scouts will be in attendance looking for next year's squad 

Discuss the game, if anyone still cares 

Faq me... it's always next year, next year, next year....

And we are only 7 games in. Why next year already? We want this year!

58 minutes ago, neio said:

Strong rumours that every single one of CFG scouts will be in attendance looking for next year's squad 

Discuss the game, if anyone still cares 

Next 3 matches - Adelaide (A), Victory (H), WSW (A). I'm afraid I can see us losing all of them, and being too far off the pace to have much chance of silverware this season. We're just not scoring enough goals.

Methinks best we can hope for in Adelaide is a draw.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Next 3 matches - Adelaide (A), Victory (H), WSW (A). I'm afraid I can see us losing all of them, and being too far off the pace to have much chance of silverware this season. We're just not scoring enough goals.

Methinks best we can hope for in Adelaide is a draw.

It's either a draw or win.

So far 

WDLWLWL, so after a L it can only be W or maybe a D.

• Like 1

Team News: City’s Round 8 squad
melbournecityfc.com.au5 mins ago

The team is in for Sunday’s clash with Adelaide United at Coopers Stadium. See who’s in and who’s out of this week’s side.
It’s good news for City on the injury front with Ritchie De Laet making his return to the side after overcoming an injury in training late last week.
The defender’s tweak saw him miss his side’s trip to Perth with the extended break and travel allowing him to recover for Sunday’s contest.
Osama Malik also returns to the selection mix this week after overcoming a calf injury that has seen him out since the start of the season with the defender looking to enhance the competition for spots in the defensive third.
The unlucky man to miss out from last week’s contest is Curtis Good. Despite making his first start for the Club since his return from Europe, the defender will sit out this week after picking up two yellow cards against the Glory.
Florin Berenguer has also been added to the unavailable list with Warren Joyce confirming the Frenchman would be out with a calf injury for 2-4 weeks while Michael O’Halloran is close to making his return from a hamstring injury.
Melbourne City take on Adelaide United on Sunday at Coopers Stadium, kick-off 7.00pm.

1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 6.Osama MALIK, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 34.Connor METCALFE, 36.Dylan PIERIAS
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 2.Ritchie DE LAET (returns from injury), 6.Osama MALIK (returns from injury), 36.Dylan PIERIAS (promoted)
Outs: 22.Curtis GOOD (suspended - 1 week)
Unavailable: 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring), 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER (calf)

#JoyceOut

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

#JoyceOut

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Well FMD. Two of the casualties from last Thursday's training - De Laet, Berenguer and La Rocca - are miraculously recovered, but Fornaroli continues to be omitted.

18 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

2-0 win to Adelaide A over the Melbourne based Adelaide B, or should that be Adelaide P. I can't see us offering much in attack

Feels weird to hope we lose, but the sooner Joyce is farked off the better. Can't see us winning either tho.

At least it'll feel good to cheer on a team in red again.

Out of all the players we have been mentioning, spare a thought for Birighitti.... Was the top keeper in the HAL before leaving for Europe, comes back and can't get a game in front of a 35 year old. (who hasnt been playing bad mind you).

I wonder what promises they made to him to sign.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, haz said:

Out of all the players we have been mentioning, spare a thought for Birighitti.... Was the top keeper in the HAL before leaving for Europe, comes back and can't get a game in front of a 35 year old. (who hasnt been playing bad mind you).

Surely he wouldn't have come to city if he wasn't promised No.1 spot.....they gave him the No.1 shirt. Say no more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Probably the same promises O'Halloran was given. Having been given the all clear and ready to play not in the squad. He too will join all the other unhappy band of senior players to fall out with Joyce and be out the door in January. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Probably the same promises O'Halloran was given. Having been given the all clear and ready to play not in the squad. He too will join all the other unhappy band of senior players to fall out with Joyce and be out the door in January. 

O'Halloran or Birighitti - or both?

14 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

Feels weird to hope we lose, but the sooner Joyce is farked off the better. Can't see us winning either tho.

At least it'll feel good to cheer on a team in red again.

I don't hope that we lose, I just don't expect us to win

9 hours ago, haz said:

Has anyone checked if Joyce passes the skin fold test for coaches? He would score worst out of all coaches imo

Measure his neural cortical folds

:hkpalm:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/joyce-keen-for-melbourne-city-to-spread-the-goal-scoring-20181214-p50m9o.html

Joyce keen for Melbourne City to spread the goal-scoring

Melbourne City will continue their search for an A-League scoring formula without Bruno Fornaroli when they travel to Adelaide this weekend.

City have scored in just two of their past five matches and are desperate to find a forward-line connection against United.

Last week against Perth, City troubled the league leaders but didn't have a shot on target.

Unfortunately for City, coach Warren Joyce reported no sign of the change in attitude he wants to see in his proven scorer.

"No, there's been no difference," Joyce said on Friday. [get fcuked Wazza !!!]

Joyce said he wouldn't look to field the Uruguayan in the City's youth team, as he did with Curtis Good last month, saying he didn't think "things like that help senior players".

City must wait until the January transfer window to ponder replacements for Fornaroli, so it's up to Joyce's next-gen brigade to find the goals.

Riley McGree, whose form has the 20-year-old in Asian Cup calculations, 21-year-old Lachlan Wales and teenager Nathaniel Atkinson are likely to continue in Adelaide on Sunday.

Along with last-minute signing Kearyn Baccus, established names Rostyn Griffiths and Anthony Caceres have been kept out of the side in line with Joyce's training-first mantra.

"We've got competition for places and other players have done better than [Caceres]," he said of the Manchester City loanee.

"He's had a chance to show what he can do so far this season and other people, the emergence of Lachie Wales or Riley McGree or Nathaniel Atkinson, they've done better.

"You want competition for places, don't you."

Joyce said Frenchman Florin Berenguer was unlikely to be seen until the new year with a calf injury.

Osama Malik might play minutes in Adelaide, while Ritchie De Laet is a wait-and- see proposition after locking his knee twice last week.

"We'll look at everybody after training," Joyce said.

So, I maintain my view that we could see Fornaroli, Caceres and O'Halloran all looking for an exit in the January window.

But Joyce is only what we call the presenting problem here. Everything he's doing is being encouraged/condoned/approved/tolerated by our owners, City Football Group. CFG is the root cause of all the woes besetting Melbourne City. I can't be bothered to sign any petition calling for Joyce's removal. Not only will he not be removed - after all he is the hand-picked choice of Brian Marwood - but even if he were all we would end up with would be a replacement hand-picked by Marwood, who would be charged with the same objective - deliver a supply of talented young footballers from whom we can deliver profits for City Football Group. There would be no open and transparent search for a manager to deliver premierships and championships for Melbourne City.

We should be campaigning not against Joyce but for the removal of the A-League licence from CFG, because the latter is not operating the club for the benefit of Australian football.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, jw1739 said:

So, I maintain my view that we could see Fornaroli, Caceres and O'Halloran all looking for an exit in the January window.

But Joyce is only what we call the presenting problem here. Everything he's doing is being encouraged/condoned/approved/tolerated by our owners, City Football Group. CFG is the root cause of all the woes besetting Melbourne City. I can't be bothered to sign any petition calling for Joyce's removal. Not only will he not be removed - after all he is the hand-picked choice of Brian Marwood - but even if he were all we would end up with would be a replacement hand-picked by Marwood, who would be charged with the same objective - deliver a supply of talented young footballers from whom we can deliver profits for City Football Group. There would be no open and transparent search for a manager to deliver premierships and championships for Melbourne City.

We should be campaigning not against Joyce but for the removal of the A-League licence from CFG, because the latter is not operating the club for the benefit of Australian football.

Hmmmm.......... you could be right JW but about the JVS years? Obviously JVS was into turning the kids into great players, but from what i could gather he was also about winning trophies, it was just unfortunate that his game style of all out attack couldnt win the league.