Melbourne Football

The Petrillo Derby vs Adelaide - Sun 16/12 7pm AWAY

neio

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I think you're going a bit too far here. If Joyce was freezing out O'Halloran completely he wouldn't have selected him for the Adelaide squad at all.

It could well be that he brought Najjarine on instead of O'Halloran in the 23rd minute because he didn't want to risk the latter playing 70 minutes, when the intention for the match was to give him, say, 10-20.

All this speculation about what's going to happen will be confirmed as correct or incorrect come 3rd January.

I take on board all you are saying and the speculation. La Rocca played for the Y team, so if MOH was not going to get game time in Adelaide he would have also selected him for the youth team thereby giving him a game to aid with his match fitness as it did LaRocca. Therefore it is a fair assumption that he was expecting some game time.  If as you indicated he may not have wanted to risk giving him 70 mins but he did not risk your suggested 10-20 mins. But the team won so Joyce on this occasions is proven correct in selection, tactics and substitutions. 

With the teams Joyce has played in the last 2 matches there had been 2 shots on target in over 180 mins. So why delay bringing in a player who can help change that stat?

I agree let's wait and see the ins and outs of senior players in January. 

3 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

I take on board all you are saying and the speculation. La Rocca played for the Y team, so if MOH was not going to get game time in Adelaide he would have also selected him for the youth team thereby giving him a game to aid with his match fitness as it did LaRocca. Therefore it is a fair assumption that he was expecting some game time.  If as you indicated he may not have wanted to risk giving him 70 mins but he did not risk your suggested 10-20 mins. But the team won so Joyce on this occasions is proven correct in selection, tactics and substitutions. 

With the teams Joyce has played in the last 2 matches there had been 2 shots on target in over 180 mins. So why delay bringing in a player who can help change that stat?

I agree let's wait and see the ins and outs of senior players in January. 

To throw a bigger spanner in the works for you, Joyce said he doesn't beleive in playing senior players in the NYL. 

13 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

MOH was passed fit to play the 90 mins. Joyce as @playmaker stated decided to develop one from his puppy farm. By his actions Joyce has now made it clear to MOH that he will continued to prioritise developing talent rather than playing him. This reinforces what he did in the cup matches no MOH, yet he played on the tour of India. I am now used to Joyce's strange attitudes and choices . No wonder City fans get frustrated, no way can you have a winning team when and it is obvious that his priority is to develop young talent for another club and sell them as soon as they show they are a hot prospect. Our marquee is a full back is because this position does not interfere with his up and coming puppies development. He certainly does not want a marquee if it means dropping one of his puppies. It now makes sense why we signed a Youth coach.

MOH has a big decision to make over the next couple of weeks my guess is he is not playing in the derby he will return to Scotland where 9 of 12 clubs offered him a contract before he came to Australia. May be he would be better off playing in a league with Australian internationalist rather than future ones.  

How do you know he was fit enough to play 90 minutes ? 

I wanna see him in the park too as he looks quick and will offer the side a lot going forward but there was no point being him on once the game was iced