Melbourne Football

Bruce Kamau

Murfy1

16 minutes ago, japiedog said:

the situations that Bruce gets into , he should have 20 assists and 10 goals this season

He's like a rabbit in the headlights when he gets to decision time

Unfortunately somethings like this can't be "taught" after 3 years in the A league he should know what to do in those areas

I've said it before, but his off the ball running ( to an open attacking position) is probably the worst in the A League

Prime example , Fitzy comes on, there is a gaping whole on the defense left between the fullback and centre back, Brattan or Franjic ( can't remember who) play the ball through the gap and Fitzy is in behind the defense, shot on target, turned over by Reddy. ( this is perhaps his first touch of the match)

I reckon I could count on one hand ( for the whole season) where Bruce has done that,

yes he bring some other skills to the table , but I stand by my statement, with the amount of "areas" he gets into, he should have 20 assists and 10 goals

Come on ease up. 20 assists 10 goals. That's Mooy territory. Thats top top shelf stuff. Kamau is frustrating granted but he's not as bad as everyone is making out. I just don't understand how people on here get so down on certain players.

1 goal is disappointing and 6 assists is okay but what really do you expect? Fitzy has got 3 goals and 3 assists which is also okay but not outstanding.

Bruno has 0 assists 17 goals. 

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Come on ease up. 20 assists 10 goals. That's Mooy territory. Thats top top shelf stuff. Kamau is frustrating granted but he's not as bad as everyone is making out. I just don't understand how people on here get so down on certain players.

1 goal is disappointing and 6 assists is okay but what really do you expect? Fitzy has got 3 goals and 3 assists which is also okay but not outstanding.

well look at the positions he has been in and he can't square a ball for someone open to have a tap in ?

his vision , or lack of it, is a major let down and I'll say that if he could sort that out, he should have had 20 assists, but he is wasteful .

the last home match, he was good, it was like he turned a corner, perhaps someone put a rocket up him ( and Colazzo,) where they actually showed some of their potential, but back to normal this week

49 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Looking at our three wingers according to transfermarket, Kamau 1 goal and 5 assists in 1,560 minutes. Fitzgerald 3,3,950; Colazo 4,4,1490. I'm not down on Kamau, but IMO he's over-rated and the figures suggest to me who our starting wingers should be out of the three of them.

17 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Yes because once upon a game it worked to bring Fitzy on as an impact sub now we need to do this every game. Even though Kamau hasn't delivered anywhere near what Fitzy has. There's a clear pattern of stupidity amongst the coaching staff. 

Best keeper in Sorensen. Bench. Best player for 2 months running in Fitzy. Bench. Caceras best creative mid in the last 2 months. Bench. :droy: 

Absolutely SPOT ON what more can one say. I am fed up to the back teeth with the coaching decisions we have had to endure for almost the entire season to the point where with the outrageous price rises and the want of City to have us sign up for next season without further knowledge of who the coach is going to be has brought me to the brink of not signing at all. If that is not fixed before May 31st then it will be goodbye City membership, after all i can save the money that is being wasted on this rabble, because that's what they are. I can sit in the comfort of my lounge chair and watch all the games on Foxtel without spending money on fares etc.

Edited by johnno cpfc
Added script.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Yes because once upon a game it worked to bring Fitzy on as an impact sub now we need to do this every game. Even though Kamau hasn't delivered anywhere near what Fitzy has. There's a clear pattern of stupidity amongst the coaching staff. 

Best keeper in Sorensen. Bench. Best player for 2 months running in Fitzy. Bench. Caceras best creative mid in the last 2 months. Bench. :droy: 

Totally agree. But that's a reflection on management. Selection and non selection are just dumbfounding. 

I'm seriously considering giving this forum a rest.  Increasingly all I'm reading is foul mouthed rants ripping into players.  Particularly concerned when it is about young players who are still learning their craft.  Sometimes some of you need to a. Lighten up and get some perspective on your lives and b. Remember that Bruce Kamau is a human being, and probably quite a reasonable one.  No one, frankly, deserves the sort of vile abuse that is being dished out here.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I'm seriously considering giving this forum a rest.  Increasingly all I'm reading is foul mouthed rants ripping into players.  Particularly concerned when it is about young players who are still learning their craft.  Sometimes some of you need to a. Lighten up and get some perspective on your lives and b. Remember that Bruce Kamau is a human being, and probably quite a reasonable one.  No one, frankly, deserves the sort of vile abuse that is being dished out here.

Here here. 

This forum has really turned to shit. And don't use the excuse that because the team is shit justifys all this lowball bagging.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

A couple of quality posts in the last few days. Right on the money again.

If he is still maturing, which he is, and he is not fulfilling his role as an attacking wing, which he isn't, and costing us goal potential, which he is, then questions need to be asked.

1. Is this is all he is capable of?

2. Why is he being chosen in the starting line up when there is a better player in this position?

3. Why hasn't he developed over the season into a better player?

4. Why is his deficiencies not being attended to at training?

5. If he is getting the proper training to improve his vision and crossing, why is he not improving?

6. If the correct training has been administered over the season, and he is not improving then why should he be on the list for next season?

Just because he is young and developing doesn't give him an excuse to under-perform and nullify our goal potential on the right side, especially when he is receiving passes that any winger in the A-league would 90% of the time, directly threaten goals with either a direct shot or with an accurate and timely disposal to put another player in an advantage to take a direct shot . People that are impressed by the pace and dribbling skill of Kamau fail to see the massive scoring potential we are losing because of his inadequacies which a crucial to the position he occupies.

I wish the guy all the best and I hope he kills it for the sake of his own future and the team, but as it stands he is just not good enough, should not be starting, and has cost us games.

Edited by playmaker

36 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Here here. 

This forum has really turned to shit. And don't use the excuse that because the team is shit justifys all this lowball bagging.

Yep, but that's ok, Just don't make some poor attempt of a joke about some low profile tennis tournament in the suburbs, you might be banned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Fair enough. The Forum is far less attractive than it used to be, and fewer and fewer members vote in polls etc. - evidence of its lack of appeal. There are 2-3 Moderators who I think are willing to step in and clean the Forum up a bit who in the past have held off because of the comments they receive if they do. That's if that's what you'd like us to do.

5 hours ago, Jovan said:

Lets compare shall we:

Minutes played:

Player A: 954    Player B: 1558

Goals scored: 

Player A: 4        Player B: 1

Chances created:

Player A: 16      Player B: 14

Successful crosses:

Player A: 9        Player B: 10

Penalities won:

Player A: 2       Player B: 2

Shots on target:

Player A: 13      Player B: 9

So it seems that player A has more shots on target, wins the same amount of penalties, creates more chances and scores more goals and yet gets less 604 minutes less then Player B? Whilst player B has more assists then player A as well as having one more successful cross then player A are we really benefiting from playing player b so much more then player A? (Player A's shooting accuracy is also 65% compared to player B's which is 42.9)

Now i'm not saying to write off kamau, even with all these stats against him. Rather, i am just dumbfounded on how fitzgerald is not starting despite being ahead of him in every major category that matters. There is still time for kamau to come back and be a good player, no one is writing him off. However, it is clear that fitzgerald should be starting ahead of him and that kamau should be the one working to get his starting spot back.

29 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Yep, but that's ok, Just don't make some poor attempt of a joke about some low profile tennis tournament in the suburbs, you might be banned.

At least i've been able to come back from it, it looks like Hellinic hero is gone forever :(

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Lets compare shall we:

Minutes played:

Player A: 954    Player B: 1558

Goals scored: 

Player A: 4        Player B: 1

Chances created:

Player A: 16      Player B: 14

Successful crosses:

Player A: 9        Player B: 10

Penalities won:

Player A: 2       Player B: 2

Shots on target:

Player A: 13      Player B: 9

So it seems that player A has more shots on target, wins the same amount of penalties, creates more chances and scores more goals and yet gets less 604 minutes less then Player B? Whilst player B has more assists then player A as well as having one more successful cross then player A are we really benefiting from playing player b more then player A? (Player A's shooting accuracy is also 65% compared to player B's which is 42.9)

Now i'm not saying to write off kamau, even with all these stats against him. Rather, i am just dumbfounded on how fitzgerald is not starting despite being ahead of him in every major category that matters. There is still time for kamau to come back and be a good player, no one is writing him off. However, it is clear that fitzgerald should be starting ahead of him and that kamau should be the one working to get his starting spot back.

At least i've been able to come back from it, it looks like Hellinic hero is gone forever :(

I agree Fitzy has been more productive and probably on balance should be playing more. So to Fernando early on after he was available missed from memory 3 or 4 games for no apparent reason.  Caceres also. What does Caceras have to do to start and hold his spot. 

Don't start me on the Sorensen situation. 

But to call out individual players and bag them in a very disrespectful way should be ban worthy. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I think that as a minimum we need to be respectful of each other and players and staff. It's possible to be critical and respectful.

Agreed. As a Mod, I'd urge people not to rely on us to "control" the Forum, but to use more self-control. We can't be sitting looking at posts 24 hours per day - well, I can't anyway. Members can always reconsider a post after they have made it, and edit or hide it if they have second thoughts.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, strider said:

lol at all this butthurt. you were all quick to be all "novillo out" cos he bashed his mrs but are sooking over people bashing kamau for being the shittest player we've had in our starting 11 since mifsud

Completely different. Novillo could have been the best player in the world and I still would have expected and hoped that the club would sack him if what he allegedly did was true. Doesn't matter how good you are domestic violence isn't okay.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jovan said:

Totally agree. But that's a reflection on management. Selection and non selection are just dumbfounding. 

That's right, hence the reference to the coaching staff.

In all honesty though Kamau isn't anywhere near as bad as some of the comments in this thread. It's simply that Fitzy has been better so the focus on Kamau shortcomings is amplified by this fact. Given though his final ball and lack of finishing or attempt to finish deserves the rath of ten thousand suns, the rest if his game and him as a person doesn't warrant to be insulted. 

Edit: Defensive ability is pretty shit too

Edited by n i k o

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

That's right, hence the reference to the coaching staff.

In all honesty though Kamau isn't anywhere near as bad as some of the comments in this thread. It's simply that Fitzy has been better so the focus on Kamau shortcomings is amplified by this fact. Given though his final ball and lack of finishing or attempt to finish deserves the rath of ten thousand suns, the rest if his game and him as a person doesn't warrant to be insulted. 

Kamau at the moment is a slightly better Andrew Hoole

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Probably the worst insult at Kamau in this thread 

I think I saw a statistic that Hoole has created the most chances this season?

EDIT: Castro overtook Hoole after the Glory game against us to finish on 65 Chances, Hoole was 2nd with 63. Nichols in 3rd with 54.

http://www.a-league.com.au/stats-centre

Edited by haz

@n i k o

The above comment actully got me interested in the comparison between Hoole and Kamau. IMO the stats show that Hoole was a more dangerous 'individual' attacker in comparison to Kamau, I believe the reason why Kamau has more assists and successful crosses is due to the fact that Melbourne City have better attackers then the jets.  Every one has their own opinion though, I'm just analyzing the recorded statistics.

58f630f399ff8_KamuvsHoole1.JPG.b0f50a3a26a28a36a03132ce9a179cb9.JPG

58f630f1b8eb7_KamuvsHoole2.JPG.3933689feaa09d0aecdd8e21725cc2c1.JPG

58f630eb64814_KamuvsHoole3.JPG.9d916330df9df4194793c0547c265f4a.JPG

(I'm bored at my computer, it's currently snowing outside and I can't be bothered getting frozen)

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

The points I've made have no bearing on Bruce as a person, his religion, race colour or creed or any remark demeaning him personally

I've just stated the as a player with 3 years A League experience, with the positions he gets into , he should be delivering more , and it's eternally frustrating to watch him, botch final ball over and over.

Ok maybe i was a little harsh on the bloke and yes he's still young, but atm how he is anywhere near the starting 11 over Fitzy is mind boggling to say the least.

I think that was just my frustration over time of watching him blunder a number of chances time after time after time.

IMHO he needs to come off the bench and be an impact sub for the remainder of the season and nothing more.

• Like 2