Melbourne Football

Semi final vs Adelaide United. Fri 22nd, 7:35pm (local time)

kingawesomeness

56 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Riveting stuff here. You all sound as childish as each other. And that's coming from a child.

Why?

I have a  family membership in an appropiate area and away from where the active are, attended all home games with my family and we want to support our team for this game, so bought tickets early to get good seats in the away supporters area and booked flights and accommodation

Now I find out that someone decides to make it an active area and there is an expectation that me and my family's seats are no longer ours, that we will be amongst drunken retards with attitude problems.

And people have got a problem with that?

Its not an active area like at home where supporters have got a choice to be part of it or not, it is a supporters area and people have to respect that because we were allocated our seats as supporters not actives. 

So I want to know who decided it to be active and thought it was OK to impose the active rules on other supporters who really just want to sit in their seats and enjoy supporting their team.

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Personally I think even the Home Fans would prefer a Saturday GF. We are all Australian and if our team wins a Title we all want to get pissed and not work the next day.

Sorry to revisit this topic. I will post this and then drop it entirely.

If this was in response to what I was talking about before, I wasnt suggesting that the WSW fans would prefer the GF to be played on a Sunday. I was saying that if (for whatever reason) the decision is made by the FFA to play it on a Sunday, to start complaining that its unfair on us is missing the point of the home advantage entirely.

Edited by KSK_47

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Why?

I have a  family membership in an appropiate area and away from where the active are, attended all home games with my family and we want to support our team for this game, so bought tickets early to get good seats in the away supporters area and booked flights and accommodation

Now I find out that someone decides to make it an active area and there is an expectation that me and my family's seats are no longer ours, that we will be amongst drunken retards with attitude problems.

Its not an active area like at home where supporters have got a choice to be part of it or not, it is a supporters area and people have to respect that because we were allocated our seats as supporters not actives. 

So I want to know who decided it to be active and thought it was OK to impose the active rules on other supporters who really just want to sit in their seats and enjoy supporting their team.

Does the ticket itself say active?

If it does then I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Especially since you know exactly what active is as you dont sit in that area at home games.

50 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Does the ticket itself say active?

If it does then I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Especially since you know exactly what active is as you dont sit in that area at home games.

I don't believe any of the away seats were sold as "active" mate. 

Edited by Jozzy

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

Why?

Despite what everyone seems to think your "mistake" was easy to make (as as best i can figure out there was no real info provided to the contrary) so yes, it sounds like a big problem for your family, which is totally different if its just you, another middle aged bloke. 

OK, so send fortress a PM, meet him in Adelaide and organise to sit in the seats of the people he knows WANT to be in active, but have got seats outside of it.  Done and now wife and kids happy.  

We are $3.60 outsiders on Sportsbet to win, surprising. Don't mind going in as underdogs though, given our (historical) issues with consistency/favouritism. On the game itself if there's one player we have to watch out for, I'd say Goodwin. Classy, pace and great at setting up scoring opportunities. I'm excited, we have a chance to do something we've never done and make a Grand Final. Cmon City!!

5 minutes ago, Dezy94 said:

We are $3.60 outsiders on Sportsbet to win, surprising. Don't mind going in as underdogs though, given our (historical) issues with consistency/favouritism. On the game itself if there's one player we have to watch out for, I'd say Goodwin. Classy, pace and great at setting up scoring opportunities. I'm excited, we have a chance to do something we've never done and make a Grand Final. Cmon City!!

Havnt we beaten Adelaide twice this season in Adelaide so that to me is a good bet.

11 minutes ago, Dezy94 said:

7ish dollars for under 2.5 as well

If we can get a good result it will show the ridiculous depth we have in the team. Imagine that we get through to the grand final with arguably our preferred right back, left back, right winger, left winger and absent marquee player all not able to be involved in the game.  

Edited by n i k o

Game day, fire up!

Nothing to fear here - a cluster of heart/city second team rejects, a few diving Spaniards and a goalkeeper with doubtless deep psychological issues from having been given shit over his name every single day in the schoolyard.

A big shout out to those on the buses below us today. Safe travels and see you at the pub in that backwards economic basketcase known as Adelaide.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

How many "striders" have you met so far?

None yet, the real strd said he was flying so anyone foolish enough to approach me on the bus will be laughed away!

BUS UPDATE 2; 

7.10 and disaster has struck, I forgot to turn my charger on at the wall yesterday 12% battery and my portable charger is in my bag which is in the storage part of the bus... I'm gunna have to beg the driver to let me in or this ride is gunna get very uncomfortable for a lot of people 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cloughie said:

Game day, fire up!

Nothing to fear here - a cluster of heart/city second team rejects, a few diving Spaniards and a goalkeeper with doubtless deep psychological issues from having been given shit over his name every single day in the schoolyard.

A big shout out to those on the buses below us today. Safe travels and see you at the pub in that backwards economic basketcase known as Adelaide.

25962947503_12d797e269_z.jpg