Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

9 minutes ago, Hughesie27 said:

When I went through the payment stuff it mentioned I hadn't chosen delivery and I would need to pick it up. That must juat be an error on the website.

Good to know though, thanks.

If you're in any doubt just ring the membership line.  1300 255 432

They are generally very helpful indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cityscape said:

September 30, 2015 - 6811

September 29, 2016 - 9511

+2,700. Huge. The Cahill effect.

And we have passed our last year's final membership total of 9490.

My prediction of close to 10,000 by the beginning of the season is looking like my first green line.

Edited by mjake1234
Add

Crunching some numbers:

South End 12-21: 5,689

Eastern Wing Lower 1-11: 3,414

North End 33-42: 5,903

Western Wing Lower 22-32: 3,494

Upper Eastern Wing 70-80: 5,015

Upper Western Win 81-91: 4,968

Corporate Western Wing C1-24: 432

Corporate Eastern Wing 50-60: 1,137

Capacity: 30,052

Non Corporate Capacity: 28,483

Capacity Minus Upper West and East Wing (Inclusive of Corporate): 20,069

• Like 2

9608 this morning, with not much increase over the past few days.

A-league season launch is today, with what seems like a fair amount of media coverage compared to last year. Tv ads meant to start today as well so we will see if it has any effect.

Edited by bellydrum

13 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

A-league season launch is today, with what seems like a fair amount of media coverage compared to last year. Tv ads meant to start today as well so we will see if it has any effect.

I don't understand why this hadn't started weeks ago.

You wouldnt know the A League season starts this week unless your a supporter.

On 18/03/2016 at 2:35 PM, Dylan said:

*was meant to quote above post.

As you said, anyone that is a fan knows it starts this week.

Everyone else is too wrapped up in the AFL/NRL GF's to give a shit about an A league advert, could be a waste of money, and die hards of those sports could even be turned off seeing "soccer" advertised during the holy week(s) of those codes.

While the dust has settled, the adverts etc. should hit and give some of those fans another option to watch some sport before the cricket sets in, and maybe they might get hooked.

Or maybe the FFA are just tight fucks

Edited by bumpyknuckles
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bumpyknuckles said:

Everyone else is too wrapped up in the AFL/NRL GF's to give a shit about an A league advert, could be a waste of money, and die hards of those sports could even be turned off seeing "soccer" advertised during the holy week(s) of those codes.

While the dust has settled, the adverts etc. should hit and give some of those fans another option to watch some sport before the cricket sets in, and maybe they might get hooked.

Anyone who would get turned off by soccer ads are people who probably dont like the sport period so they dont bother me.

We have to get out of this mentality that we need to bend over for the AFL/NRL. Get those ad's out and let them know that once the AFL/NRL seasons are over, A League bis ready to go to get your sports fix.

I love football, but AFL was probably what i'd say i was into more with me following Liverpool being in another country not really being drawn into Victory or the A League. Heart came in and i thought I'd give it a go so i have something to do during the AFL off season.

Now its turned a full 360 and the AFL is what i do to pass the time during the A League off season.

Have to find a way to try and hook in Sports fans and not just AFL/NRL only fans.

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, bellydrum said:

Can we see a trailer on the adds? I didn't even know the A-league had an add that would be aired. On what channels will they be on?

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Your couch looks comfy man, if I was watching a match on that I would be asleep in 5 minutes. :)

Haha actually my mate's couch, he was off work yesterday and able to receive the package, gotta pick mine up from the post office today.

I've seen the keyring too, it's a 2 sided jersey with the home stripe on one side and the away on the other.

• Like 2

On 04/10/2016 at 8:36 AM, bumpyknuckles said:

Club should try and align itself with Storm and a say Collingwood or Hawthorn and offer some sort of membership insentives.

On 04/10/2016 at 8:59 AM, [LIBBA] said:

Anyone who would get turned off by soccer ads are people who probably dont like the sport period so they dont bother me.

We have to get out of this mentality that we need to bend over for the AFL/NRL. Get those ad's out and let them know that once the AFL/NRL seasons are over, A League bis ready to go to get your sports fix.

I love football, but AFL was probably what i'd say i was into more with me following Liverpool being in another country not really being drawn into Victory or the A League. Heart came in and i thought I'd give it a go so i have something to do during the AFL off season.

Now its turned a full 360 and the AFL is what i do to pass the time during the A League off season.

Have to find a way to try and hook in Sports fans and not just AFL/NRL only fans.

Club should try and align itself with Storm and a say Collingwood or Hawthorn and offer some sort of membership insentives.

10 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

I think aligning with a specific AFL club would alienate fans of other clubs, wouldn't mind if they did it with Storm, Rebels, United (cue @embee and @jimmy talking NBL shit I know nothing about) etc.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic