Melbourne Football

A must win: City v Wanderers 9th January

n i k o

1 hour ago, Red or Dead said:

If we only have 3 at the back they're going to slowly break us down. I reckon we line up like this so we can control the midfield:

Sorensen

Hughes      -      Kisnorbo
Franjic      -                                           -      Zullo
Paartalu
Mooy               -               Retre
Koren

Fornaroli         -         Novillo

Fornavillo could be the next Neguero ;) 

WSW play with 3 up front so we'd match 1:1 with their front 3. The thing that will break us down is their pressing will cause our back line to turnover the ball in dangerous positions so our back 3 need to pass accurately. This requires good movement off the ball by our midfield and if we have 4 players there to their 3 then we should have an extra man (with intelligent movement off the ball). The more pressure our backing is under, the more goals we will concede

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You can browse the ticket prices here (current for forthcoming WSW match):

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/MCITY1416/venues/MRS/performances/EMHR2016609/tickets

For example, here are the GA prices.

Ticket type Price Per Ticket/Item  
Adult $28.55  
Junior (4-14years inclusive) $7.65  
Concession: (Pension/Student) $19.37  
Family (2Adt + 2Jnr or 1Adt + 3Jnr) (Admits 4) $68.31

I have a season ticket, so I don't know what add-ons there are to the above. Prima facie I'd say the above are not outrageous. Also to be considered is the target audience and the costs of other entertainment. For example, an adult ticket to a show (take Fiddler on the Roof) will cost about $100 for a reasonable seat matinee performance, plus the add-ons for buying on-line.

One concession demographic that the A-League ignores is the non-pensioned senior (i.e. self-funded retirees). These are people with disposable income (the ones filling up European river cruises and other up-market travel) and have time on their hands.

They'd be very reasonable if we were getting 25,000 people to each game but if we want to improve the ground atmosphere by increasing the crowd then I think that we should be charging $15 an adult ticket, $10 concession and kids for free. Its an investment by the franchise in future success and support

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

AAMI Park management, ground security seem to be putting as many barriers as possible in place to stop spectator enjoyment.

My daughter treated as a potential terrorist and having her water bottle confiscated on a 35 degree match day and told she would be refused entry if she kept complaining to entrance security about it. 

High food and drink prices in the stadium

Antagonistic ground security

High ticket prices especially for families

The GA ticket debacle exacerbated by the regular derby ticketing problemsgeneral inflexibility around ticketing and bringing friends or changing seating areas

My old man and I walked in with opened bottles of water to the derby with no problem.

Just now, bumpyknuckles said:

My old man and I walked in with opened bottles of water to the derby with no problem.

I bet you aren't 21. She offered to drink some water or empty the bottle but was told she had to discard it. She came to the ground with no money (poor Arts student) and was refused free water from the ground food stalls. There were huge queues at the few water fountains. This sort of experience won't deter her but I can see that would deter many casual attenders from our target audience

49 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I bet you aren't 21. She offered to drink some water or empty the bottle but was told she had to discard it. She came to the ground with no money (poor Arts student) and was refused free water from the ground food stalls. There were huge queues at the few water fountains. This sort of experience won't deter her but I can see that would deter many casual attenders from our target audience

Water fountains? Where are they exactly?

I have walked in with frozen water bottles which can clobber someone with ease and I had no issues bringing them in.

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

AAMI Park management, ground security seem to be putting as many barriers as possible in place to stop spectator enjoyment.

My daughter treated as a potential terrorist and having her water bottle confiscated on a 35 degree match day and told she would be refused entry if she kept complaining to entrance security about it

Weird, I've pretty much taken a bottle of mountain dew to every game since year 1 and have been able to take it in every time, think the bottle can't be more than 700ml, might not be right as i wonder how much fits into the free water bottles the club gave out can hold
have only been checked for concession once and that was years ago but had been frisked this season v habibi's and derby, last week they checked my jacket

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

My daughter treated as a potential terrorist and having her water bottle confiscated on a 35 degree match day and told she would be refused entry if she kept complaining to entrance security about it

Weird, I've pretty much taken a bottle of mountain dew to every game since year 1 and have been able to take it in every time, think the bottle can't be more than 700ml, might not be right as i wonder how much fits into the free water bottles the club gave out can hold
have only been checked for concession once and that was years ago but had been frisked this season v habibi's and derby, last week they checked my jacket

26 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Hidden gems of AAMI park. Must find them when I bring in my frozen water bottles to do my refills.

They inside the actual stadium or on the outer perimeter?

There are in the perimeter walkways, often near the first aid stations

21 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

I'm sure that to was an arbitrary decision and as AAMI Park pointed out not official policy, but these things would deter a casual from attending again

34 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Water fountains? Where are they exactly?

I have walked in with frozen water bottles which can clobber someone with ease and I had no issues bringing them in.

i brought 3 water bottles once, each different sizes. the usual plastic bottles you get from a freezer were allowed, the one as big as my arm wasn't allowed.

8 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I think that on superhot days they need to apply the rules with some common sense. Even a 600ml bottle is inadequate, especially if you can't find the water fountains or he queues are too long or you don't have lots of money to spend on bottled drinks

Quite so Bela. Is there actually a rule on the size of water bottles that can be brought into the stadium?

13 minutes ago, Imperial Pints said:

My understanding is that as long as they don't exceed the length or girth of Novillo's cock you can bring them in.

So 750 ml: Accepted

1.25L: Denied

Quite correct, the T&C are couched in family friendly terms without any direct reference to Harry Novillo but say:

1. PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following items are not permitted to be taken into the Stadium:

• Illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
  • Incendiary devices (flares, fireworks and smoke bombs)
  • Firearms and explosives
  • Chemical, radioactive or biological substances 
  • Laser lights
  • Alcohol
  • Animals (other than Assistance Dogs)
  • Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/ skates
  • Professional cameras, audio recording devices or video cameras
  • Camera Tripods and detachable lenses above 200mm
  • Chairs/ Stools
  • Glass (including bottles) or cans, drink containers and plastic bottles above 750ml
  • Large flags/banners exceeding 1.6m
  • Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
  • Musical instruments 
  • Any large item that cannot be placed under a seat; and
  • Any other item that in the opinion of M&OP management could cause harm or public nuisance.
  •  

4 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Yep, not 21. I'm 39.

4 hours ago, belaguttman said:

If i bring a water bottle next game, maybe you can introduce me to her? I can find out what else she drinks? :)

5 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Hidden gems of AAMI park. Must find them when I bring in my frozen water bottles to do my refills.

They inside the actual stadium or on the outer perimeter?

I think there are only two (yeah ridiculous) - one of them is on the concourse (inside the stadium) on the wing but near the end of the ground, to your left if you're facing up the pitch siting in active or cat c. (The sausage stand would be to the right.) It's near the first aid room, I fill my water bottle up there most games.

7 hours ago, belaguttman said:

My daughter treated as a potential terrorist and having her water bottle confiscated on a 35 degree match day and told she would be refused entry if she kept complaining to entrance security about it. 

High food and drink prices in the stadium

High ticket prices especially for families

The GA ticket debacle exacerbated by the regular derby ticketing problemsgeneral inflexibility around ticketing and bringing friends or changing seating areas

I got metal detected and searched on entry last Saturday night, I told security I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts where was I going to hide something?

Bloody ridiculous there heavy handed let's treat everyone like they going to destroy everything

12 hours ago, Jovan said:

I'm actually thinking the 3 5 2 makes alot of sense with our current list.

Hughes Kisnorbo Clisby 

Franjic.       Retre       Paartalu     Zullo

Mooy

Fornaroli  Novillio 

Really agree. 3-5-2 solves our RW dilemma (we have no real options there with Gameiro injured and Mauk overseas). And it gives the team balance, by giving the team lots of defensive cover (which we need) and by having ample firepower up front with Fornaroli, Novillo and Mooy. Would work very well (like our team in the middle of the last game, where the team played 3-5-2, but with Franjic and our proven midfield of Mooy, Paartalu and Retre added).

Another possible option is 4-3-3, with our proven midfield back, Franjic at RB and Zullo playing as a winger:

Franjic  Hughes  Kisnorbo   Clisby

Retre        Paartalu

Mooy

Novillo        Fornaroli         Zullo

Novillo showed on Saturday with the 2nd goal that he is capable at RW (something I was unsure about; he sometimes has seemed one sided), and Zullo showed he is dangerous attacking down the left flank. Overall it's the same players as the 3-5-2, but a more attacking formation with 4 players in the attacking third (and 5 players when Franjic gets up field and supports the attack, which he would regularly do).

I'd wager JVS will play either 3-5-2 or 4-3-3, the 2 formations he used against Sydney FC. And with the players we've got I can see either formation being effective, however I'm slightly leaning towards the safer/more defensive 3-5-2 against the league leaders WSW.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

You can browse the ticket prices here (current for forthcoming WSW match):

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/MCITY1416/venues/MRS/performances/EMHR2016609/tickets

For example, here are the GA prices.

Ticket type Price Per Ticket/Item  
Adult $28.55  
Junior (4-14years inclusive) $7.65  
Concession: (Pension/Student) $19.37  
Family (2Adt + 2Jnr or 1Adt + 3Jnr) (Admits 4) $68.31

I have a season ticket, so I don't know what add-ons there are to the above. Prima facie I'd say the above are not outrageous. Also to be considered is the target audience and the costs of other entertainment. For example, an adult ticket to a show (take Fiddler on the Roof) will cost about $100 for a reasonable seat matinee performance, plus the add-ons for buying on-line.

One concession demographic that the A-League ignores is the non-pensioned senior (i.e. self-funded retirees). These are people with disposable income (the ones filling up European river cruises and other up-market travel) and have time on their hands.

Ticketek also charge $5-6 service fee per transaction and an extra $2 per ticket on the day of the event.

2 hours ago, neio said:

I got metal detected and searched on entry last Saturday night, I told security I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts where was I going to hide something?

Bloody ridiculous there heavy handed let's treat everyone like they going to destroy everything

If you were wearing tan chino shorts and black polo then I don't blame them for cominh to that conclusion

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, malloy said:

If you were wearing tan chino shorts and black polo then I don't blame them for cominh to that conclusion

Speaking of black polos, what was up with the record number of black polos in the Active area? Is that the Melburnians new official colour or something or did the Derby Specials decide to come to another game? Just curious, that's all...

44 minutes ago, Red or Dead said:

Speaking of black polos, what was up with the record number of black polos in the Active area? Is that the Melburnians new official colour or something or did the Derby Specials decide to come to another game? Just curious, that's all...

Looked like the justice crew 

12 hours ago, Red or Dead said:

i thought these were a joke, maybe notimage2.thumb.PNG.9848e1e037744b1251abd19image1.thumb.PNG.a5ce42426d6472e3e10aa98

20 hours ago, neio said:

If they try to metal detect me they're alarms will go bananas as i have 2 implanted pulse generators in my chest which affect heart monitors when applied. The generators are there to send electric pulses to my brain to control tremors (Essential Tremor) which if scanned will kill the settings and i would need to get to a neurologist Quickly.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, neio said:

Was it when he scored his second goal?

How long will he be out for 

There's no specific treatment for broken ribs they heal in their own time, around 6 weeks. Whether you play or not depends on pain as deep inspiration is painful and of course there's pain on impact if you fall forget bumped and its possible that this may exacerbate the injury. Its possible then that he could keep playing with pain relief, often local anaesthetic injections or he could be rested for a few weeks to allow them to heal naturally.