Clisby Ā  kisnorbo Chapman Ā  franijĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā PaartaluĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Mooy Ā  Ā  Ā  Melling

Williams Ā  Ā  Tuna Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Novillo

Ā 

Beach: Tando, Zullo, Retre, Ā Mauk, Millar/Hughes

Obviously the closest we have been to full strength all year.Ā 

• Like 1

Trajectory-wise I agree. I do feel thoughĀ that CCM are our perfect away opponents. They are a bit gung-ho in their approach and will leave space for Mooy, Harry and Bruno on the break. I reckon we'll score 2+ goals, so if we can defend okay, we're a good shout. Williams to miss/completely fuck upĀ a minimum of 2 certain goals.Ā 

Edited by tommac

1 minute ago, millm103 said:

Predicted line up

Ā 

SorensenĀ 

Clisby Ā  kisnorbo Chapman Ā  franijĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā PaartaluĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Mooy Ā  Ā  Ā  Melling

Williams Ā  Ā  Tuna Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Novillo

Ā 

Beach: Tando, Zullo, Retre, Ā Mauk, Millar/Hughes

Obviously the closest we have been to full strength all year.Ā 

I reckon you might see mauk out on the right starting over williamsĀ 

• Like 1

It wont happen. but wouldn't mind seeing this formation and line up

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā SorensenĀ 

Clisby Ā  Kisnorbo Chapman Ā  Franjic

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Paartalu Ā Melling

Ā  Ā  Ā Ā  Mooy Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Mauk

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Tuna Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Novillo

• Like 1

I wouldn't bring Kisnorbo in at all!

One positive was that the young guys were very positive out from the back with high pass accuracy. KisnorboĀ will just punt it up field or head it aimlessly to the opposition.

I'd rather suffer the weakness in defence than to cut off the current channels from defender to DM to Ā Mooy. This allows Mooy to go further upfield rather than having to drop back to get the ball.

Other than Gameiro why change a thing?

Ā 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ray said:

I wouldn't bring Kisnorbo in at all!

One positive was that the young guys were very positive out from the back with high pass accuracy. KisnorboĀ will just punt it up field or head it aimlessly to the opposition.

I'd rather suffer the weakness in defence than to cut off the current channels from defender to DM to Ā Mooy. This allows Mooy to go further upfield rather than having to drop back to get the ball.

Other than Gameiro why change a thing?

Ā 

Because Kisnorbo is the best CB we have and not having him in the team when healthy is ludicrous?Ā 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Because Kisnorbo is the best CB we have and not having him in the team when healthy is ludicrous?Ā 

My controversial view on defenders is that the most important thing is that they can actually defend. I know it's a strange out there concept and at odds with our coach, but non the less, I intend to stubbornly stick with it.

Melling and Chapman were awfulĀ in the first 15 minutes. Perth should have had 3 goals in that period alone.

Having said that I'm sure we won't pick him and instead will watch the chaos in the back 4 unfold again.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

You are all presuming that Kisnorbo is actually fit to play. Not even sure what the injury was/is and whether it is wise to have him out there for 90 minutes or to gradually give him game time.

This. Especially seeing what happened to Gameiro.
We signed Callum Richardson for extra cover in the defence - should be at least in the squad. If we're never going to select him what was the point?

4 day turnaround between games for CCM vs 6 days for us

We are coming off a big win.

CCM defence porous and now playing a style we traditionally do well against.

CCM struggling to win a game.

We have the league's top player and top scorer.

It's a game that we will be expected to win... therefore I'm predicting an insipid draw or a loss.

5 hours ago, hakz7 said:

Nope. What a joke.

There haveĀ been at least a couple of horrible losses that immediately come to mind up there, but up until the City era, couldn't that just be put down as much to the clubs' respective standing in the competition over that period? For Melbourne Heart's existence, Central Coast was an outstanding team. Heart, on the other hand, was a bloody mediocre team. So it's not really unexpected to me that we've yet to open our account up there in, what, 7-8 attempts?