Melbourne Football

Melbourne vs Perth Friday 27th Nov 7:40pm AAMI Park

Baka1

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

I'll donate $50 towards the banner, just message me to let me know how.

Do we still have the 'we won't stand for mediocrity' banner?

That should be part of our match day experience week in week out. Perhaps needs to be tabled at the FRG meeting or city voice or whatever its called. 

i've always had an idea for when we're behind the opponents goal or when the opponent is taking a corner

in the buildup to the kick, everyone says the "oooooooooooohhh" buildup thing, and instead of saying "BOOM" when they kick it, say it a few seconds before to put the player off

not sure if relevant

15 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I'm predicting we'll win this. Im also guessing a number of people will second guess themselves that JVS may have a chance of being successful this season. 

Yeah.... Until we then lose the following week due to another highly underwhelming performance so the cycle continues.

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

I'm predicting we'll win this. Im also guessing a number of people will second guess themselves that JVS may have a chance of being successful this season. 

I am thinking exactly the same thing. And a hugely convincing win too. All signs point to another signature JVS mini-run

35 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I am thinking exactly the same thing. And a hugely convincing win too. All signs point to another signature JVS mini-run

I felt the mini run was beginning after the Adelaide game but then we had the Wanderers debacle . Not sure we'll see a run this season probably better. Its just annoying that you know better but convince yourself this time is different but ends in the same deflated misery. 

One things for sure I'm going to remain steadfastly negative and grumpy for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

Sorensen

Franjic.   Chapman.    Melling.    Clisby

Paartalu.  Retre

Mooy

Gameiro.    Fornaroli.    Novillo

Velaphi.   Zullo.   Millar.   Williams.   Mauk 

Obviously if Kisnorbo or Hughes are available they start in the centre of defence, probably at Millars expense

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I think we will grind out a win here or at least a draw. This will no doubt save JVS' arse for another week. Having said that, surely something is happening behind the scenes. Not easy locking down a manager mid way through the season

I don't know why people keep repeating words to the effect "saved for another week." This is not the way that CFG operates. A decision has already been made on van 't Schip, based on the performance criteria set out for him in his contract. Of course I am not privy to the detail of that contract, but I'm confident that being in 7th place and with 8 points after 7 matches won't be a pass mark.
Kreis had two years as coach of NYCFC, and failed his criteria at the end of his first actual playing season. Manchester City acquired Melbourne Heart on 23rd January 2014, and van 't Schip's appointment as Head Coach was announced on 19th March 2014. He is currently in his second season with us as Head Coach under our new ownership.
For us to improve on last season requires us to finish in the top four and host a home final, and from here that requires the equivalent of us to win 12 out of the remaining 20 matches, a win % of 60, something that we have never achieved in our history. It will be obvious by Christmas that we will not be able to improve on last season. At that point there will be a change in the Head Coach position.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't know why people keep repeating words to the effect "saved for another week." This is not the way that CFG operates. A decision has already been made on van 't Schip, based on the performance criteria set out for him in his contract. Of course I am not privy to the detail of that contract, but I'm confident that being in 7th place and with 8 points after 7 matches won't be a pass mark.
Kreis had two years as coach of NYCFC, and failed his criteria at the end of his first actual playing season. Manchester City acquired Melbourne Heart on 23rd January 2014, and van 't Schip's appointment as Head Coach was announced on 19th March 2014. He is currently in his second season with us as Head Coach under our new ownership.
For us to improve on last season requires us to finish in the top four and host a home final, and from here that requires the equivalent of us to win 12 out of the remaining 20 matches, a win % of 60, something that we have never achieved in our history. It will be obvious by Christmas that we will not be able to improve on last season. At that point there will be a change in the Head Coach position.

Well he should've been sacked weeks ago then. I hope I'm wrong, but can't see a new manager coming in this year. After the break perhaps. I want this muppet gone asap,