Melbourne Football

Matchday thread 2015/16

Tesla

Remind me why we didn't get him? Would want to have a very good reason.

Guaranteed to start every game at Roar, probably wasn't convinced he would get that chance at City, and after he got fuck all starts at Glory I can't blame him for wanting to just play football

Didn't we win under John Aloisi's first game in the derby 3-1 or something? 

Poor Brisbane.

I cant remember the score but we def won that derby. It was the one where Aloisi allegedly got in trouble for excessively celebrating.

We also smashed Brisbane 4-0 at home or something under Aloisi too didnt we?  

Guaranteed to start every game at Roar, probably wasn't convinced he would get that chance at City, and after he got fuck all starts at Glory I can't blame him for wanting to just play football

The promise of being the main starting striker along with a good pay packet (if he does get paid) as opposed to having to compete with Novillo, Gamerio, WIlliams and Fornaroli (I know most weren't signed yet but we were clearly trying to do something like this) and sharing his wage with the above. 

Didn't we win under John Aloisi's first game in the derby 3-1 or something? 

Poor Brisbane.

We won it 2-1. Williams and Macallister scored who looked an inspired signing. 

I cant remember the score but we def won that derby. It was the one where Aloisi allegedly got in trouble for excessively celebrating.

We also smashed Brisbane 4-0 at home or something under Aloisi too didnt we?  

yep.  Maintain the faith in Aloisi's coaching boys.  Not every opponent will have Andrew Redmayne in goals.

well that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back, shit game

Not when you have money on it mate.

Babalj was used poorly but did well when he actually got the ball. Shaky game from the young Adelaide keeper but it was a high pressure game, I think he could end up being a good keeper definitely has some quality. That young chap Deng for Victory looks a really good prospect. Malik is a quality defender surely a chance at a socceroos call up?

Edited by Tesla

Not when you have money on it mate.

Babalj was used poorly but did well when he actually got the ball. Shaky game from the young Adelaide keeper but it was a high pressure game, I think he could end up being a good keeper definitely has some quality. That young chap Deng for Victory looks a really good prospect. Malik is a quality defender surely a chance at a socceroos call up?

Deng looked horrible with the ball, gave it away from simple passes. But his defending and positioning was quite decent.

Because Malik is a quality defender.

Side note, I swear Malik was an attacker when he first started playing in the A-League?

correct, then he moved his way back to a central attacking mid, then as a central defensive mid upon his move to Adelaide and now he's a centre half. 

basically did a Hoffman, only effectively