Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

I've gotta say, as excited I am about us re-signing this guy and how much I love him, it is pretty bloody unprofessional by the club to let him run riot on Twitter. Like don't get me wrong I hate the secrecy of CFG, but if they are serious about it they would surely contact Harry and say "we want to announce your re-signing on x date and you should keep this to yourself until then". Instead the secretive CFG have allowed him to allude to and confirm his re-signing several times over social media. Looks pretty unprofessional tbh.

For those of us who are not twitterers, just what exactly is he tweeting?

What I find encouraging is that if, as Harry is saying, he has been signed and MCFC are not announcing it,  it may mean that they a going to make a BIG media announcement of a few signings (I hope)

Been told that there will be a a big announcement of new signings and resignings during this week  by a few construction workers of Mediterranean decent

• Like 2

I've gotta say, as excited I am about us re-signing this guy and how much I love him, it is pretty bloody unprofessional by the club to let him run riot on Twitter. Like don't get me wrong I hate the secrecy of CFG, but if they are serious about it they would surely contact Harry and say "we want to announce your re-signing on x date and you should keep this to yourself until then". Instead the secretive CFG have allowed him to allude to and confirm his re-signing several times over social media. Looks pretty unprofessional tbh.

For those of us who are not twitterers, just what exactly is he tweeting?

@novillo_harry: "Melbourne i'm back lool @MelbourneCity @novillo_harry http://t.co/L8v0EzXM6M"

@novillo_harry: "I'm on my way @novillo_harry @MelbourneCity http://t.co/3LVC4lCr9r"

@novillo_harry: "@MelbourneCity @novillo_harry sad!!!! But ready to say good-bye to my mom. Let's go to Melbourne!!#iloveU#shmurda# http://t.co/O1CgtSqbJm"

@novillo_harry: "@MelbourneCity @novillo_harry  ready to travel to melbourne city :P i can't wait. #shmurdaDance!!!!"

@novillo_harry: "@MelbourneCity @novillo_harry i'm melbourians :P"

Just these sort of things over the past few weeks

Harry Novillo Signs Permanent Deal

image: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/di/library/Melbourne_Heart/3f/49/h-novillo-resigning_qaajpq811x11m2a61jsqsg3p.png?t=1102004958

H Novillo Resigning
1/1

Tuesday, 30 June 2015 -

Melbourne City FC can announce it has signed Harry Novillo on a permanent two-year deal ahead of the Hyundai A-League 2015/16 campaign.

Initially signed on a short-term contract until the end of the 2014/15 season, Novillo joined the Club in March this year as an injury replacement for Damien Duff, making 10 appearances for John van't Schip’s side.

The 23-year-old quickly established himself in Melbourne City FC’s starting line-up, earning eight starts and netting three times in his 10 matches.

An athletic, quick and dynamic winger, Novillo impressed fans of the A-League with a handful of influential performances, his appetite for goal and powerful finishing.

With a strong physique and a willingness to shoot, the former French academy product netted a memorable goal from distance against Western Sydney Wanderers, while his last goal came in the 2-0 Elimination Final win over Wellington Phoenix.

Head Coach van’t Schip said Novillo, originally a product of the youth system at French Ligue 1 side Lyon, had impressed since joining the Club in March this year.

“Harry was an important player and contributor for us in the final three months of the season and illustrated his value to the team during that period,” van’t Schip said.

“Despite joining the team in March, Harry was able quickly adapt to a new environment and make a positive contribution and he is an exciting player.

“With Harry here from the start of the pre-season, we are confident that he will be able to give even more to the team next season.”

Novillo commenced pre-season training with his teammates at the City Football Academy, Melbourne, on Monday.

Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/melbourne-city-fc-sign-harry-novillo-to-permanent-deal/reg33pb2e6e21ddeb4meyzbgv#b2QxAq8PQ5YQv8bs.99

• Like 1

Why the hell have they delayed this announcement until now? It isn't as if he had to be here for them to announce it.

Nevertheless, good signing. 

perhaps he had agreed verbally to the two year deal worth $xxx,xxx but hadn't actually signed the contracts until he arrived in Melbourne.

Would explain the wait and the fact that he was sprouting it on twitter. He knew he was going to sign but the club was waiting until it was all sealed and delivered. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

Why the hell have they delayed this announcement until now? It isn't as if he had to be here for them to announce it.

perhaps he had agreed verbally to the two year deal worth $xxx,xxx but hadn't actually signed the contracts until he arrived in Melbourne.

Would explain the wait and the fact that he was sprouting it on twitter. He knew he was going to sign but the club was waiting until it was all sealed and delivered.

Most likely answer.

Makes sense. I'm guessing they didn't want to excite supporters for the 3984632964523 time then only to disappoint.

i'm happy enough with the signing.  

showed enough last season given he had to hit the ground running in a team that was (a.) inconsistent, and (b.) gave shite service going forward.  the over arching frustration on these forums towards so many 'poor performers' last season makes me feel that Novillo wasnt really the root of the teams general inconsistency.  

plus a two year deal is actually pretty decent since Novillo cant be pouched at the end of a good full first season, and if he goes poorly in the first half of the season we wont have that long to wait to move him on.  given his positives (albeit at times inconsistent - but then most of his team mates were too), i cant see Novillo being that bad coming of a full preseason.

since he is only 2nd visa player (with possibly Germano still to come) signed there is still plenty of squad space for quality imports to come in.

Really important signing, this guy at only 23 with the playing pedigree that he has along with the glimpses he showed last season will be a massive asset for us. 

With a full pre-season under the belt, I think we'll find him playing a stronger team role (passing when there's clearly a better option and not holding the ball for too long) but we'll still get to seem him creating and playing with flair and freedom. 

Could easily score 10+ and set up more if he stays fit given his ability, really rapt about this

I have a feeling this guy will end the season with a mad highlights reel but i hope he can balance it with a bit more substance this season. Cautiously excited about this signing 

I feel the same. I like what he brings to the team and am happy he's been resigned but apprehensive with making outlandish comments regarding how well he will do. 

Real pleased with the signing. In Novillo we'll get to see actual confidence and flair in the final third, with defenders regularly being taken on. That'll be a very welcome change from previous seasons. And IMO he'll help make our whole attack more confident and effective in the final third, just how nervousness and lack of confidence reverberated through our final third when Ramsay/Dugandzic/Mifsud and so on was on the pitch.

• Like 2

Pleased with the signing as despite sometimes having the flaw of being a bit selfish he def provides some X Factor to the side which can hopefully see us pick up a few points unlikely here and there. It’s also better to have these types as wingers where such flaws are less exposed.

The only other I would say about him is that if someone put on the amount of fake injury crap that he does in my school team we all would have yelled at him to get up and probably eventually just stopped passing to him... it’s pretty fucken annoying.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

Pleased with the signing as despite sometimes having the flaw of being a bit selfish he def provides some X Factor to the side which can hopefully see us pick up a few points unlikely here and there. It’s also better to have these types as wingers where such flaws are less exposed.

The only other I would say about him is that if someone put on the amount of fake injury crap that he does in my school team we all would have yelled at him to get up and probably eventually just stopped passing to him... it’s pretty fucken annoying.

Inb4 'you anglo's don't understand that simulation is just a part of the game, he's just better trained in it' 

Must admit I was screaming at him to get the fuck up in the Semi final when it actually turned out he was actually injured.

Maycon started off with a lot of faking injury, fouls etc. and it stopped after a while...at about the same time he stopped getting a run incidentally. I suspect Harry will stop it once he realises the boos and cries are for him and not the opposition player he has tangled with.

Maycon started off with a lot of faking injury, fouls etc. and it stopped after a while...at about the same time he stopped getting a run incidentally. I suspect Harry will stop it once he realises the boos and cries are for him and not the opposition player he has tangled with.

Faking it? Novillo should realise he plays for MCFC, not the Italian National Team :)

Faking it? Novillo should realise he plays for MCFC, not the Italian National Team :)

http://youtu.be/cU0Eho3kkjs

Inb4 'you anglo's don't understand that simulation is just a part of the game, he's just better trained in it' 

Must admit I was screaming at him to get the fuck up in the Semi final when it actually turned out he was actually injured.

He had to be carried off, Williams and Mooy left under their own steam, but who turned out to be the least injured?

To be fair I thought he reduced faking it/ behaving like a baby after a few games, I'd say someone told him to HTFU & rightly so.