Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

Novillo just tweeted talks begin Monday on his future at the club

Hopefully we can get him signed under the salary cap

would take him as INT. Marquee over Koren any day of the week

Well I can't see Koren here next season and I would prefer someone better than both to be honest. Whether that happens we will have to see and wait.

• Like 2

I don't think it was a 12 monther.

From my experience, looked like an 8 week type job.

So if it was going to happen, this was the best time.

It will probably only be 1 week. This of course is based on how he goes down when a defender merely looks at him.

His performance today has convinced me he has to be offered a contract.

Hopefully we can get him under the cap.

Agree. He's confident and attacking minded. He's a good age at 23 (pretty certain he's the youngest Visa player the club's ever signed. Him or Germano anyway). He's got a touch of class about him, and he's keen as mustard to play for the club.

Hopefully Novillo can be signed for decent value inside the cap for 2 or 3 seasons.

Novillo stats for this game were incredible. He had 94% passing accuracy, 100%(4/4) successful take ons, won 85% of duels(11/13), won 2 of 3 aerial duals, 100% tackles won, 2 shot assists, 1 big chance created.

But I'd sacrifice all that for a goal.

I've been thinking about Harry. Like many I have been quite critical of him, despite his superb touch and his hammer of a right foot.

I think one of his issues might be lack of regular games. Get him with a good coach, know he's a first choice player, regular game time and he might stop trying to be a superhero every time he touches the ball.

Worth persevering with I reckon.

If we can get someone better than Novillo I'm all for it. I highly doubt he's near his best what with no preseason and some interruptions while he's been here. I guess we'll see.

Point is, yes Novillo is better than Williams and Ramsay and Dugandzic. But you look at Sydney and both Naumoff and Ibini are better than Novillo, while I'd be extremely confident Novillo is on more money than both those two combined. Novillo also is a visa player while the other two are Australians.

Fair enough if we could get him on 100k and we had no better player to use a visa spot on, but he probably commands three times that salary.

Edited by Tesla

I hope we sign him. Provided we make some killer signings he could be like our Krishna or Barbarousas where he's not the most dominant forward in our line up but he's still a danger and threat which is most important thing. If we can move Williams or Duga on we have the option then to bring in another winger that's even better than Novillo. Also, it most likely won't happen but if we could just get rid of Kennedy and sign a gun striker then we'd be set.

Edited by n i k o

I hope we sign him. Provided we make some killer signings he could be like our Krishna or Barbarousas where he's not the most dominant forward in our line up but he's still a danger and threat which is most important thing. If we can move Williams or Duga on we have the option then to bring in another winger that's even better than Novillo. Also, it most likely won't happen but if we could just get rid of Kennedy and sign a gun striker then we'd be set.

I actually think kennedy and novillo as a front two could work very well. I beleive novillo played most of his career as a striker that plays just behind another

• Like 1

I'm not sure, but judging him by the fact that he got winger of the league award over in France I wouldn't play him anywhere but on the wing. Then again playing players out of their most favourable positions is JVS forte.

I never knew about that award. But even in saying that, re signing him is a no brainer. He is the first player we have had in a long long time where I have thought something is going to happen when he gets the ball. Get a full pre season into him and I think he will be immense for us next season.

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 4