hakz7

Need to win if we're to make the 6.

Looks like:

Velaphi;

Safuwan, Kisnorbo, Chapman, Clisby;

Paartalu(?);

Mooy, Melling:

Williams, Kennedy, Koren.

Bench is a big, big problem. Other than Murdocca almost nothing left.

We can always give Nicky Kalmar another go seeing as he turns up in the selected side shown on the AAMI Park screens and Foxtel each week ;-)

• Like 3

Need to win if we're to make the 6.

Looks like:

Velaphi;

Safuwan, Kisnorbo, Chapman, Clisby;

Paartalu(?);

Mooy, Melling:

Williams, Kennedy, Koren.

Bench is a big, big problem. Other than Murdocca almost nothing left.

I would have Mooy wide left and Koren in the middle JW

I would have liked to have rested Jacob, but don't think that will be an option.

By playing Koren deeper and Mooy left we can get Melling forward and maybe control the midfield.

Anyway off to bed, so see you later lol

Mooy needs to be in the middle. We'd be an absolute rabble without his ability to cover and then distribute. Get Williams to push as high as possible to feed of Kennedy and make Jamieson accountable. Use Koren as a free roaming left winger and play a variation of a 4-4-2 diamond when in possession and a 4-5-1 when in defense. Unfortunately this isn't the Dutch system using wingers, of which we now have zero effective ones.

Mooy needs to be in the middle. We'd be an absolute rabble without his ability to cover and then distribute. Get Williams to push as high as possible to feed of Kennedy and make Jamieson accountable. Use Koren as a free roaming left winger and play a variation of a 4-4-2 diamond when in possession and a 4-5-1 when in defense. Unfortunately this isn't the Dutch system using wingers, of which we now have zero effective ones.

The reason why I want Koren in the middle and a little deeper than he has been, is that he has the ability to control the game with his passing. I would much rather have Mooy has that free roaming player at the moment.

However, I fully expect Koren to start on the left as JVS is a creature of habit.

We are far too unsettled at this point to expect too much flowing, beautiful football.

The best we can hope for at present is winning ugly, especially if Paartalu is still not back. He adds some stability to the middle of the park.

The wings are certainly a serious issue for us at the moment, with Ramsey a major liability for us. Might as well get come NYL players into the squad as it will be worth more than persisting with him.

Edited by Heart_fan

Why should we change Mooy's role? He's been our best player all season playing in the middle. Don't fix what aint broke.

Well the team is broke and it needs fixing. Either we bring in other players or look for solutions within the present squad. There is no point in Aaron being star player every week if we fail to win.

Now some will say we should drop Koren and go with a midfield three of Paartalu, Melling and Mooy. I would be prepared to give that a go, but unless we do something about the front three I can't see us winning. 

My idea about trying Mooy from the left is to see if he can give us more in the final third than we have at present. Maybe playing Koren deeper will give him the impetus to get more involved and allow us to control the game and attack more. 

The only other solution I can think of is if we play a 4-1-3-2 like this:

Velaphi

Safuwan            Chapman          Kisnorbo           Clisby

Paartalu

Melling               Koren               Mooy

Williams         Kennedy

With that system we would need to have Safuwan and Clisby getting forward to create width.

Unfortunately, JVS always goes with 4-3-3 and I don't think Koren can play wide left. Also since he isn't interested in playing either Dekker or Espindola, that means we are left with Ramsay.

As I said I do believe we need solutions to get a winning formula.

• Like 2

Why should we change Mooy's role? He's been our best player all season playing in the middle. Don't fix what aint broke.

Well the team is broke and it needs fixing. Either we bring in other players or look for solutions within the present squad. There is no point in Aaron being star player every week if we fail to win.

Now some will say we should drop Koren and go with a midfield three of Paartalu, Melling and Mooy. I would be prepared to give that a go, but unless we do something about the front three I can't see us winning.

My idea about trying Mooy from the left is to see if he can give us more in the final third than we have at present. Maybe playing Koren deeper will give him the impetus to get more involved and allow us to control the game and attack more.

The only other solution I can think of is if we play a 4-1-3-2 like this:

Velaphi

Safuwan Chapman Kisnorbo Clisby

Paartalu

Melling Koren Mooy

Williams Kennedy

With that system we would need to have Safuwan and Clisby getting forward to create width.

Unfortunately, JVS always goes with 4-3-3 and I don't think Koren can play wide left. Also since he isn't interested in playing either Dekker or Espindola, that means we are left with Ramsay.

As I said I do believe we need solutions to get a winning formula.

Like this formation and think it would suit the players we have better.

Unfortunately as you say, JVS won't adopt the necessary changes needed and this is why we are where we are.

Shambles.

• Like 1

yes last season JVS was far more adventurous with his formation and tactics. This season he has stuck to the rigid formula - presumably in the belief that this is the way he wants the team to adopt and we shall keep doing it until he gets it right. It is not working, the fans are not buying it and I suspect that the players are not buying it either.

Roar v Tards Friday night.

FFS, come on Tards  :redcard:   I bet they'll deliberately lose this one just to give us the sh!ts  :hkpalm:

To be honest - I'd still prefer to see the tards lose even if it means we stay out of the 6.

Having said that I wouldn't mind a draw and we beat Perth...but then again that'd mean that the tards will go on top of the ladder on goal difference and then we'll never hear the end of it...I'm torn! Lol

• Like 1