Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

Don't mind Ugarkovic, he's no Aiden O'Neill but he's been decent everywhere he's been and might go up a level with a stronger team around him

I found this sentence from Petrillo interesting with the reference to "Transition period.". “It’s important with the number of changes to our squad that we bring in players with experience and the right attitude to see us through a transitional period, and he has both of these qualities in abundance.” 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I found this sentence from Petrillo interesting with the reference to "Transition period.". “It’s important with the number of changes to our squad that we bring in players with experience and the right attitude to see us through a transitional period, and he has both of these qualities in abundance.” 

He is not wrong, its essentially a rebuild so not every signing we will make will be the ideal long term solution

So based off the current players left at the club this is the best 11 at the moment...

Jmac 

Leckie                          Nabbout

Arslan                              Lopane

Ugarkovic

Galloway         Good        Nuno       Talbot

Nieuwenhuizen/Beach?  (Young is about to be confirmed)

Will be very interesting to see how this line-up shapes up before round 1...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

So based off the current players left at the club this is the best 11 at the moment...

Jmac 

Leckie                          Nabbout

Arslan                              Lopane

Ugarkovic

Galloway         Good        Nuno       Talbot

Nieuwenhuizen/Beach?  (Young is about to be confirmed)

Will be very interesting to see how this line-up shapes up before round 1...

Agreed. Weak points - Nabbout and Nuno. I'm sure we'll be competitive when the league starts, but the Cup and ACL are going to be tough. Much will depend on the draw for the ACL Group and who we meet before the season starts.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Agreed. Weak points - Nabbout and Nuno. I'm sure we'll be competitive when the league starts, but the Cup and ACL are going to be tough. Much will depend on the draw for the ACL Group and who we meet before the season starts.

Yeah that forward line and midfield already looks alright, I agree on Nuno and Nabbout.

I'd like us to target a LB, a CB and a RW with the last 3 visa spots! 

12 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Yeah that forward line and midfield already looks alright, I agree on Nuno and Nabbout.

If i was Petrillo and Rado I would go Australian for Left Back, Behich wants to leave Dundee and Alex Gersbach is the 3rd choice left back at Colarado so 2 good options, Souprayen will take up a visa slot, so I would use the last 2 on a creative midfielder and Tilio's replacement, we have also been linked with Trent Sainsbury so use him for centre back

14 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

LB - Behich who wants to leave Dundee or Gersbach

CB - Sainsbury or visa CB 

Midfielder - Visa

Winger Visa  

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It's been reported that we've signed Souprayen, so the CB is covered, and he can also play on the left side of defence. He's also got the height that we're missing at the moment.

Only from one source that’s hit and miss. Believe it when I see it 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

Only from one source that’s hit and miss. Believe it when I see it 

Absolutely. Nothing is really certain until confirmed by City.

On that note we haven't yet seen anything from City on Berenguer or Caputo, both by my reckoning out-of-contract. A rumour that Florin has not been offered a new contract, but nothing else on either.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

It's been reported that we've signed Souprayen, so the CB is covered, and he can also play on the left side of defence. He's also got the height that we're missing at the moment.

I would not be shocked if we sign another centre back along with Souprayen as my theory is we are bringing him in to sign as a backup centre back/left back which he can play both positions

3 hours ago, Zanty said:

I would not be shocked if we sign another centre back along with Souprayen as my theory is we are bringing him in to sign as a backup centre back/left back which he can play both positions

I just hope that Young and Souprayen, if confirmed, are not more than one season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I just hope that Young and Souprayen, if confirmed, are not more than one season.

Young 2 seasons 1 as a starter second as a backup with Niewenhuizen/Beach starting, Souprayen I think will be a stop gap signing, in a transitional season we are going to have a few unordinary signings which don't fit the traditional age bracket or player we go for, was bound to help when we lose 11 players

On 1/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, MHFC-FAN said:

Ideally we need also need a CF or back CF who can turn up in big games. Unless we are considering that Leckie is that man.

Donachie has gone to WU. Thank God we didn't pick him up as a CB. Notice Bailey Wright is a free agent now after Sunderland let him go. I'm not sold on Sainsbury, hasn't played a lot over the last few years. There's a CB, Harrison Shillington in the NPL team who played for the roos u17s who's meant to go ok. Would think he might get a scholarship deal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Le Hack said:

Donachie has gone to WU. Thank God we didn't pick him up as a CB. Notice Bailey Wright is a free agent now after Sunderland let him go. I'm not sold on Sainsbury, hasn't played a lot over the last few years. There's a CB, Harrison Shillington in the NPL team who played for the roos u17s who's meant to go ok. Would think he might get a scholarship deal

Bailey Wright is a Melbourne boy. Played a mixture of Championship and League 1 matches. Left Sunderland by mutual consent "to pursue an opportunity overseas." A possibility I would say.