Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

I know this might not effect some of the guys on here, but i have brought this up with the club going back to the Heart days, but it seems like it continuously falls on deaf ears.

The lack of merchandise for baby's/infants is pathetic to say the least. I have a kid on the way and i cant even go and buy something City for her to wear. No even bibs or something like that. There are at least half the a league clubs who offer something for people with babies and we offer jack shit! What dont the club think City supporters reproduce?  Kits are even worse. The youth kits are only really for kids 6 and up which pissed me right off as i was told it would be 2 on wards. I cant see why they cant offer the Nike kits to at least 2 years and above instead  of those fake shit ass looking kits they offer atm,

I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but fuck when your having to go look in China for someone to make a fake city kit for your 2 year old or to also make something Melbourne City so it can be the first thing my daughter wears when she comes into this world, it becomes more than just a rant.

Can someone in the FRG please bring this up in the next meeting. If this club really wants to be labeled as a family club, than i just dont see how they can continue ignoring this topic with me. 

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

I know this might not effect some of the guys on here, but i have brought this up with the club going back to the Heart days, but it seems like it continuously falls on deaf ears.

The lack of merchandise for baby's/infants is pathetic to say the least. I have a kid on the way and i cant even go and buy something City for her to wear. No even bibs or something like that. There are at least half the a league clubs who offer something for people with babies and we offer jack shit! What dont the club think City supporters reproduce?  Kits are even worse. The youth kits are only really for kids 6 and up which pissed me right off as i was told it would be 2 on wards. I cant see why they cant offer the Nike kits to at least 2 years and above instead  of those fake shit ass looking kits they offer atm,

I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but fuck when your having to go look in China for someone to make a fake city kit for your 2 year old or to also make something Melbourne City so it can be the first thing my daughter wears when she comes into this world, it becomes more than just a rant.

Can someone in the FRG please bring this up in the next meeting. If this club really wants to be labeled as a family club, than i just dont see how they can continue ignoring this topic with me. 

My young one has just gone to size 1 and I actually think the range of toddler stuff for City isnt bad compared to other streetwear brands such as Adidas, Nike etc. Most of the City 'casual' gear seems to come in a toddler size from what Ive seen. 

Edited by hedaik

6 hours ago, hedaik said:

My young one has just gone to size 1 and I actually think the range of toddler stuff for City isnt bad compared to other streetwear brands such as Adidas, Nike etc. Most of the City 'casual' gear seems to come in a toddler size from what Ive seen. 

I know what you mean, but there isn't anything for babies and there never has been.

They do have a couple of t-shirts and a hoodie or 2 at size 2+ , but they dont have nike kits for that age.

10 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

No problem, I'll mention it next meeting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

I know the club likes to talk about mascots and tickets and songs etc etc at these things, but is it possible to get a straight answer on why Safuwan was not re-signed?

Something to do with his back injury. I heard on the grapevine that we didn't re-sign him as the prognosis looked positive. Had he been completely crippled we would've put a 4 year deal on the table.

• Like 2

The next FRG meeting is tomorrow. I'd be happy to pass on comments or questions, such as the question above about merchandise for babies/infants.

I reckon ticketing in general will also get discussed. And if there's any specific questions about ticketing I could help see that those questions also get discussed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

The next FRG meeting is tomorrow. I'd be happy to pass on comments or questions, such as the question above about merchandise for babies/infants.

I reckon ticketing in general will also get discussed. And if there's any specific questions about ticketing I could help see that those questions also get discussed.

Murf, can you please ask:

1, why do premium ticket holders get general admission tickets for kids when they have the promotion they have on Monday. Why not give us the same classification tickets we have membership for? It's not like we don't have spare seats around.

2, the canopies over the bench severely restricted the view in the derby for those sitting behind. Are we stuck with them when rain is forecast? Can they get a better design which is less restrictive?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake said:

Murf, can you please ask:

1, why do premium ticket holders get general admission tickets for kids when they have the promotion they have on Monday. Why not give us the same classification tickets we have membership for? It's not like we don't have spare seats around.

2, the canopies over the bench severely restricted the view in the derby for those sitting behind. Are we stuck with them when rain is forecast? Can they get a better design which is less restrictive?

Murf, the whole question of ticketing.

Specifics:
When we get to an attendance of about 10,000 patrons being told that areas are "sold out" when there are rows of empty seats. We need to introduce an easy way for members to notify the club that they will not be attending and those seats could then be released for re-sale.

Would like some effort by the club to get a decent area allocated to City members wishing to go to the away derbies, as we do for Victory fans giving them the whole of the Northern End at AAMI.

On the matter of the seats behind the benches, MrsJW and I were previously in seats that could have been affected by the new covers. We were given the opportunity to request a move for this season and placed on a list to be called by the club after the member renewal period ended. We did receive that call and were able to move further back and have an unobstructed view now. Those seats behind the benches that have a restricted view - probably back to Row F - should not be sold as Premium A.

Still would like to see all members have a couple of free GA tickets included with the membership pack exercisable at one of a number of matches during the season as a way of introducing new people to the game and to City. 

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

On 16 January 2016 at 10:50 AM, Shahanga said:

I know the club likes to talk about mascots and tickets and songs etc etc at these things, but is it possible to get a straight answer on why Safuwan was not re-signed?

@Murfy1

am serious about this question. Not looking for detail, maybe just 1 of 3 options:

1.not considered good enough 

2.Singapore FA (or player) rejected our offer

3. Injury concerns 

• Like 1

i think the option to add children to the membership package should be looked at and will make it more flexible with larger families. have the standard as 2 adults and 2 children then have option to add children at a set price increase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Murf I brought up with membership staff a couple weeks ago. But another push would be good. 

Next season can the premium c family membership include 4 kids not 2 as the GA membership currently does.

Won't that result in even more empty seats that are theoretically allocated to members? 

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Won't that result in even more empty seats that are theoretically allocated to members? 

Not if the kids come. For me I bought an extra kid and my youngest didn't get one.

It's the same as any other season ticket holder not turning up.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The easy solution is to implement what victory (iirc) do.  If you aren't attending a game you can notify the club who will then put your seat up for sale.  If the seat is sold then the member receives part of the sale proceeds. 

Maybe bring up why we give such a large portion of the stadium to victory during our home derby? If we are now pushing 10,000 people for home matches the northern end is getting quite full. It seems unfair to push those supporters to the sides and upper tear to accommodate victory fans when they do not offer us the same respect when they host the derby. Instead, we should give them the 'away corner' and all their GA fans can take the upper tear while our GA fans can be on the bottom maybe?

9 hours ago, malloy said:

The easy solution is to implement what victory (iirc) do.  If you aren't attending a game you can notify the club who will then put your seat up for sale.  If the seat is sold then the member receives part of the sale proceeds. 

Probably no point coming up with solutions when expectations are that the top level will be opened up, which I don't think we'll be very far off especially if rumours over a marquee/loan player come to fruition. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Probably no point coming up with solutions when expectations are that the top level will be opened up, which I don't think we'll be very far off especially if rumours over a marquee/loan player come to fruition. 

Even if the top level opens the fact remains that alot of the more expensive reserved seat members dont turn up. Which means despite them being empty other attending members cannot bring friends

Could you mention that it would have been nice to have more informative squad lists for the women's team before each round? I hold out little hope anything will change but we had multiple players out being rested for injuries over the season but you'd only know if you saw them at games or they said something on Twitter.

Actually in general it would be nice to get more info about the woman's team. And maybe they could have updates in the free match program at the men's games?

And also could you ask them about adding the women's team's Twitter to the citizens program points accumulation thing.

Edited by Kinnibari
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll take it into tonight's meeting.

My fiancé wants to know when we'll be able to buy women's jerseys same as how WSW fans can buy female versions. Also, is there any way to buy the jerseys with the W-League badges instead of the A-League badges? Given the world beating squad we've got, it's disappointing to buy a 'Catley' shirt with the men's badges all over it.

10 minutes ago, kingawesomeness said:

My fiancé wants to know when we'll be able to buy women's jerseys same as how WSW fans can buy female versions. Also, is there any way to buy the jerseys with the W-League badges instead of the A-League badges? Given the world beating squad we've got, it's disappointing to buy a 'Catley' shirt with the men's badges all over it.

Good questions, I'll raise them tonight.

• Like 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic